“Charming, very english”

Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Hotel is situated on the High Street, so you are close to everything, I was not bothered by any traffic my room was very quiet. Only the aeroplanes, but that is the sound of Windsor. I stayed in a single room, but it was quite spacious and the bed was a 1,5 person bed with feather duvet and pillows, I slept like an angel. The room was very clean and neat decorated so I felt quite at home. It is a very old hotel with a lot of charming details, even though it looks newly decorated, it is most visible in the bathroom, so nice, with a lovely bathtub. The staff was also very kind and helpfull.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Kroegh,

Thank you for your recent review and positive comments which I will delighted to share with the team. I hope we can welcome you back to Windsor in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

What makes this hotel a good choice is its location. However the rooms need update the WiFi didn't work for a full day out of the two days we spent their. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly and reliable. The breakfast lady Brenda was amazing. ..so all credit to her.

• Stayed: June 2014
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear a h,

Thank you for your recent review. Thank you for your positive comments about the reception and breakfast team and I will follow up on the WIFI point you raise as we are very pleased to offer complimentary WIFI throughout the hotel to all our guests.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is the first time I have made a review on trip advisor and it is down to the staff in this hotel. From parking the car to check in to dinner to the drinks in the bar (best cosmopolitan I have ever had, and there have been a few!) to breakfast and check out all the staff were amazing. They always created a relaxed friendly yet professional atmosphere. The hotel was lovely and very well located the food was excellent especially the breakfast. The room was nice, it was a good size and very quiet and had a very very comfy bed yes it did overlook the car park but what do you expect in a hotel in the middle of town. My only very small niggle was my bed side light wasn't working and I left the bulb out next to it to be replaced but it still hadn't been by the 3rd day but I have no doubt if I had been bothered to call reception it would have been sorted straight away.
I would defiantly recommend this hotel.

Dear Kim0560,

Thank you for your recent review and positive comments about the team and the service you received. I will be delighted to share this with the team and know they will appreciate your feedback. On behalf of the team I hope we can welcome you back to Windsor in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Room Tip: Replace the mattresses and do something about the obvious bad workmanship in the bathroom (I can ach...
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel with family over the weekend. The room was overlooking the car park but perfectly ok. The staff were great. And the great breakfast set you up for the day. The hotel location is spot on for sightseeing in Windsor . Would recommend .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GMMercureCastle, General Manager at Castle Hotel Windsor MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Alastair N,

Thank you for your recent review and positive comments. On behalf of the team thank you for giving us some feedback and we all hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Have stayed here before but on this occasion only used the restaurant. My wife and I booked a table via email some weeks before arrival and received an instant response. We arrived at 7.50pm for a 8pm booking and were greeted and seated by a very pleasant young lady. The ambiance, food, drink ant service were second to none. Would recommend this restaurant for a good quality meal anytime.

1  Thank Clive S

Dear Clive S,

Thank you for your recent review after dining in the restaurant with us. Thank you for your comments about service and the food quality which I will share with the team whom I know will be encouraged by this. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location - very central and handy for key shops , railway and castle. The room was just about 4 * and most of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and dinner was swell presented and good - if we did have to wait .
The downside for me was not being able to leave my debit card open to charge services for the room. I don't do credit cards.
Parking was good even though it was £10 a night.

Room Tip: We were across the car park which was fine but not once it began to rain.

Dear Jane046,

Thank you for your recent review and positive comments about the team, breakfast and dinner. I will also follow up on the comment you make in relation to debit cards as this is something we should be able to offer. I hope we can welcome you back to Windsor in the near future.