“New Steak Menu”

Caleys Lounge
Ranked #111 of 242 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Slough
“New Steak Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I visited the MDH Windsor to try out their new menu with my colleague last night. I can honestly say the menu was amazing. From start to finish all the staff were fully briefed on every item on the new menu. We were given extensive information about each cut of meat by Harwood Warrington, MDH's new Restaurant Ops Director, which gave us a better understanding of which steak to choose. The quality of the steak was excellent, as good as any I've had at Maze in London for example. They have also changed desserts, so you can order various 'taster' desserts, if you're unsure what to choose. Excellent meal, excellent menu, and an excellent restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Caleys Lounge, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read your review following your recent visit to Caleys to try out our new menu.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience - we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Windsor and Maidenhead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We live locally and decided to have Sunday lunch here after a family event. The decor is stylish and comfortable and we were sat at a booth style table that offered plenty of space and comfortable seating.
Staff were relaxed and attentive and we weren't waiting for any length of time for service or our food to arrive.
The food itself was well presented and was well cooked with good portions.
Overall I enjoyed our first visit and plan to visit again soon.
One minor point is that the wine glasses set on our table weren't removed after we ordered our red wine so at one point we had 12 glasses on our table! That said, the table was large so wasn't a problem.

Dear Guest

Thanks for submitting your review of Caleys following your visits to the Macdonald Windsor for Sunday lunch.

It is very helpful to receive feedback of this nature and the team are always encouraged and motivated by it.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Windsor, United Kingdom
“NEVER AGAIN!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I was one of the part with NW the "appalling" review. If anything I believe that her review was generous. Everything she said was accurate but it is impossible to convey just how obnoxious and rude the restaurant manager was. He seemed to take it as a personal affront that we had the audacity to think we should have been served our food within 35 minutes or so of ordering, that is once we had found someone to take the order. He was also very put out and rude that the food promised as imminent on the first complaint was still not there 20 minutes later and his only comment was "you have not waited that long". It is not just what he said but the way he said it, his body language and insolent manner. A thoroughly horrible, expensive and upsetting evening. Food was nice but would never ever step foot inside the place again. Basil Fawlty is alive and well and now managing Caleys Restaurant!.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank elizabeth w
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Caleys Lounge, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest

I was most concerned to receive the feedback from your party about your dinner experience and as previously mentioned, I am in email correspondence with a member of your party and interviews with the team are being completed so that your concerns can be addressed.

Your experience is not at all reflective of our usual standards and I can assure you that I will ensure it could not be repeated.

Kind regards

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Appalling!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I have just returned from the worst evening meal experience ever with my family!
Actually the food (when it finally arrived) was ok but the service wasn't . However, I would probably have forgiven the terrible service had it not been for the totally obnoxious, arrogant and rude restaurant manager!
We sat down at 7.30pm, 30 minutes later we had to ask to make our order (despite the restaurant not being at all busy), 35 minutes later when our order had not arrived we had the cheek to ask where it was! I was informed by a very superior restaurant manager that it was because somebody had ordered a burger which took 25 minutes to cook (??? No mention of this on the menu!) and that it was just being plated up. Fine! 20 minutes later - still no food! We were then rude enough to complain again! At which point the manager basically told us we had nothing to complain about and that we hadn't been waiting that long!! Not even a word of apology!
After he had been extraordinarilly rude to my brother I followed the manager out of the restaurant to ask for his name. having taken a note I returned to my seat only to find that he had followed me to inform me of the name of his manager! His behaviour stirred up an already aggravated table.
NEVER have I been subjected to such rudeness in any restaurant! We were made to feel as though any request was unreasonable.
I run a PR company - I was considering this hotel for a client event this summer - that will now not be happening!
Totally disgraceful! Do not bother! The fact that this was the only restaurant in Windsor where we were able to get a table on a Saturday night is very telling!

Visited February 2014
Dear Guest

I was extremely concerned to receive your review and as mentioned in my email correspondence with your party, I am currently completing a full investigation with the restaurant team as the experience you described is in no way reflective of our usual standards.

I am sorry for the disappointment you and your party were caused and assure you that this matter is being addressed.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Simple, pricey but very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I like the ambience of the hotel and the restaurant. We really enjoyed our fillet steak, chips, mushroom and tomato. The starter calamari was served hot and the batter crispy, but it had little flavour, otherwise a very good meal. Wine is a bit pricey BUT the restaurant does take Tastecard and I'm a member so we weren't too bothered or too broke.

Visited January 2014
GM_Windsor, General Manager at Caleys Lounge, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Guest

I was pleased to read your review following your recent visit to Caleys.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience - we hope to welcome you back soon!