“Enjoyed my stay.”

Ranked #7 of 22 Windsor B&B and Inns
Providence, Rhode Island
“Enjoyed my stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I was upgraded to the Henry room. The room was a good size and was clean. Good selection of tea and instant coffee, along with some snacks. That was very nice. The bed was comfy.
The room looked down at the street but being as tired as I was I thought it was very quiet.
I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I write this review with heavy heart... The room itself was great, nice big room with everything you could ask for, lovely modern bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities and large fridge. I even quite liked the keypad entry system. The reason for my low score is based 100% on sleep quality. We were in Henry room at the front of Charles house. And it was SO noisy, you could hear every car passing by. The blinds are also not blackout and the room was as bright as day by 4am. When we checked out the next day I don't think either of us gads kept for more than a couple of hours. I would not consider staying here again unless I was in a room at the back with eye mask and ear plugs. Sorry Charles house!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gail-and-Ian
Barbara M, Owner at Charles House, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Charles House and I am sorry you did not sleep well. If you pick a guest house in the middle of a busy town centre, you are always going to get noise, whether it be from people walking around the town late at night or traffic noise.
If you do not want to have your double glazed windows open, there is a fan in each room to keep the air circulating if it is a warm night.
All the curtains have black out linings so you can have the room really dark if you wish.
I would recommend that you find a guest house slightly out of town if you visit Windsor again, there are some lovely areas not too far away.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Great location - see the castle flag poke from window, comfortable bed, clean, cute decor, busy street intersection but can't hear it with the windows closed. Wonderful soaking bath tub and modern batnroom. Grocery store just across the street and shopping and restaurants within 2 blocks.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Barbara M, Owner at Charles House, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for you lovely review and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at Charles House. I do hope I can welcome you back if you are ever visiting Windsor again.
N.Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I booked this room for my parents who needed somewhere last minute to stay in Windsor. I took them to this house and was pleasantly surprised. They stayed in the Elizabeth room which was large with a large bed and all other facilties that you would need. There was a walk in shower, vanity unit and toilet in a modern white bathroom. The room was very clean and was cleaned every day of their stay. The keypad entry system is very handy. It is about 8 min walk from centre of windsor- if even that. I would definitely book this house again for my parents or for myself and would definitely recommend it to others My parents had left a small personal item behind and on contacting the manager she had retrieved it for us almost immediately to forward on to us, excellent service. To me its these wee things that make the difference.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsND
Barbara M, Owner at Charles House, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review Charles House and I am glad that your parents had an enjoyable stay. I would love to welcome them back sometime in the future if they are visiting Windsor again.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Spent 2 nights at Charles House and had a lovely stay. The accommodation (Victoria Room) was very spacious and clean and it's location is very central for everything in Windsor with a Store just across the road.
It is a little unusual in that there is a keypad entry system but this worked perfectly and there is no one on site to meet and greet but again this was fine as the daily cleaning and tidying was done very well.
The location might make you think it would be noisy but our room had a french window at the back so we did not have to open the front window and there was very little road noise after about 10.30 at night. I am a light sleeper but had no problems.

Room Tip: The Victoria Room was very spacious.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter J
Barbara M, Owner at Charles House, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for reviewing Charles House, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good nights sleep. Windsor can be busy during the day especially when we are so close to the town centre.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Charles House sometime in the future if you are visiting Windsor again.
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Charles House is conveniently situated in Arthur Road, Windsor, . It is just a 5-10 mins walk to the train station, the castle and shops. Right across the road, in front of Charles House is a mini supermarket. You do not have to worry about getting hungry!

We stayed in "William" room. It was cozy, clean and comfortable. Though the room may look small, it has all the things that a 4 star hotel room would provide.

The owner of the house (Ms Barbara) is very friendly. She even personally came to welcome us when she knew about our flight cancellation and the delay in our check-in. We were touched by her gesture. In addition, she replies to our emails and requests very fast.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Charles House.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed for the weekend for a wedding and we found the use of a keycode rather than a key very convenient. The location is great - just near the shops and station, plus there is a shop just across the road for anything you might need. Everything was beautifully clean and very comfy. I'd recommend this to anyone staying in Windsor, especially if you like your independence (there's no reception but we didn't miss it at all). Breakfast isn't included but it's easy to go to the cafes in Windsor, all who offer a decent breakfast (longer walk to Monty's Cafe but worth it).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends