“Kids loved it; Dad did too!”

LEGOLAND Resort Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
Haywards Heath
“Kids loved it; Dad did too!”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

OK so its not cheap, particularly the hotel restaurant buffet (definitely try and eat in the park), but when they designed this place they were thinking about the kids - lots of clever touches throughout the room and the hotel. When we've 'done Disney' before, all we wanted to do was crash in the room at the end of the day. However, there were so many little details in the Adventurer room we stayed in, I sort of wished we had spent more time in there.

Getting access to the park at 9.30 was a bonus too - in ahead of the queues.

Being able to park in the hotel car park and then access the main park this way too, is a real bonus.

Room Tip: Don't bother going for a park-view room - no real benefit.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Nottingham UK
Reviewed 14 April 2012

You can park just across the road and leave the car while you’re in Legoland, even after you’ve checked out. The Lego theming in reception, and throughout the hotel is very well done – perhaps not quite so lavish as Disney. Reception was efficient. We had an ‘explorer’ room on the fourth floor – which leads on to the only problem with the hotel, which is the number of lifts (2). Even though the hotel wasn’t full, as we stayed in term-time, there were quite often long waits, sufficient to make us use the stairs instead.
The theming in the rooms is great, with a treasure hunt for kids that leads to a small Lego model in the ‘safe’. The rooms are really well laid out for a family, and our son liked having his own area with TV. We had dinner in the Bricks restaurant, which is buffet. This works well for children, and there’s plenty of choice. The price is a bit high for what’s on offer, but does include unlimited soft drinks and fruit juice. Grown-up drinks are pub prices. Given the convenience, and the theming, it’s probably worth it. Most are guests are families with children, so if you’re looking for a quiet romantic meal, then you’d need to go into Windsor. Breakfast is also buffet in Bricks, and we enjoyed it.
The main selling point for the hotel has got to be the easy access to Legoland. We were able to do two hours in the park on the day we arrived, and all day the next day. You do get early access, but only to the Atlantis ride. If you had a baby or toddler, it would be very convenient to be able to come back to the hotel for feeds or naps.

2 Thank hnswst
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Kids were amazed on arrival with the dragon roaring at the front and they really did, and still do, believe the hotel is built out of Lego!! They went straight to the pit of Lego in the reception area and stayed there until check in was completed. Check in was busy but the staff kept smiles on their faces and dealt with issues as they arose - even the most random questions.
Dinner in Bricks was well managed and guests were seated quickly, the all you can eat buffet is good for the kids as they can select what they want from their purpose built buffet area, makes them feel grown up.
Rooms are great, excellent theming and great bathrooms (powerful shower), all kids like to crack codes and have little presents.
The bar is well thought out as there are areas where you can hide away from it all,
Overall a very well themed hotel and a great experience for the kids which they won't forget, great to be right next to the park as you can go back to the hotel when the park is busy and then venture back out when people start to go home.
Staff at the hotel are very attentive, you always expect teething problems and the odd issue but it is about the way it is dealt with.
Will definitley come back!!

Room Tip: Stayed in a themed room, but you won't be disapppointed in a standard rooms as all of the kids a...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Nicsi32
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed for two nights over easter with three days in the park. Hotel is amazing. Travelled with 3 kids - 11, 9 and 7. They were so excited and ran about manic for the first half hour while we got checked in and bags sorted with the porter. We stayed in the pirate themed room - it was amazing. Perhaps a bit tight in the children's bedroom area for 3 - but they didn't complain. Bathroom was lovely and main bedroom area was great. Lovely view over the park. Our lights blew through the night and we had to contact reception to get them fixed - were sorted by the time we came out of the park. The spa area was really quite poor - not built to cope with the number of residents for the hotel. Changing area was really cold, not enough toilets and not nearly enough changing rooms - we had to queue to get changed.

Breakfast was fantastic - kids loved being able to select what they wanted from the appropriate area. We had a snack at lunch time and our dinner in the park on one of the days. Kids eat free after 4pm at selected outlets. The other evening we ate in the Sky Bar which was reasonably priced and we were all able to pick something that we liked. The Family Restaurant was a bit expensive for the evening meals - £20 per adult and £10 per child.

Overall a fantastic hotel - and a fantastic short break.

Room Tip: We had a park view which was great
2 Thank Macb2010
Hong Kong
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Stayed 1 night in our 7 days UK holidays, just tried to find something interesting for our 4-year-old daughter. The room and the hotel was basically fine, with a few glitches as mentioned by other people: Noisy and thin floor that you can hear ppl walking above you; Only 2 slow-moving elevators which pissed off a lots of guests during busy hour, and people got to take the stairs with their big luggages; Should have a bit more facilities for kids as a family hotel, not even a slide in the hotel, just a couple of steps into a room full of Legos, could be quite boring if your kids not really into building Lego. Having said that, my daughter actually got lots of fun in the indoor splash area.

During the stay, something terrible happened. I was taking a shower in our bathroom. The shower head was somehow heavier than a normal one, which I think that was the reason they put a ring to hold the hose onto the shower pole so that when it fell, it would not "free-fall" and injure anyone. Unfortuantely, it was this ring that contributed to the whole accident.

When I was trying to rinse off the shampoo, the hose was jammed in the ring. So my natural instinct was to pull the shower head further up to see I can fix it. Rather than undo the jam, the whole pole came off from the wall, and part of it hit right into my forehead. I put my hand over my forehead to check the injury, and opened my eyes seeing the whole hand was covered with blood. Quickily dried up and called the front desk to ask their manager to come up immediately. The duty manager was at the door within 5 minutes, and he was very sincere and apologetic. He offered me to send me to hospital, but I found that it should not be too serious and refused his offer. Then, he said he could not do much that late at night, and would let the next duty manager dealt with it in the morning.

On the next morning, I went down and see this young duty manager, who did not seem very care even I told him I got injured in his hotel bathroom. I was trying to be polite still, informed him I was very disappointed with the room; reserved all my rights to take legal actions against the hotel; and would like to see what he could come up with to compensate me. However, this guy's answer was just a shocker - saying nothing he can do about it!!! At that point, I almost lost my temper and got to be more aggressive. The only thing he did was to waive my dinner charges for last night, and filled up a form saying Customer Services would call me in 3 days time.

I insisted I should not pay for a room which was not even safe to live in, and all his feeback was "No, I cannot do that!". At last, I just lost my temper and started shouting at him,"If you can't do it, get someone who can do it to talk to me." He turned back to his office and came out later offering me a 50% discount on my room charge. I was terribly disappointed by thier gesture and I tried to get other guests at the check-in counter involved, since I really wanted everyone to know how ridiculous they were. As soon as I spread out my words to other guests, that young manager all of a sudden said that he would waive all my room charges. That just pissed me off even further because he could have done it right at the beginning to save all these hassles. What they did is like throwing a candy to a crying kid, if it is not working, throw another one until it stops. However, this time was a serious injury, not a ridiculous customer making nonsense requests. This whole experience just destroyed my whole tribute towards this, otherwise, quite a nice hotel.

I travel a lot around the world and stayed in more than 30 hotels. Any hotel with any kind of accident happened to their guests, they will waive all charges applicable to the guest straight away, plus medical claims and even compensation in money terms because they know that they are in big trouble. The management of this hotel just does not seem they are responsible for any accident happened in their hotel, nor aware of the legal liability they would bear thereof. So, I hope everyone would enjoy your stay in this hotel, as long as nothing major happened.

Enough said.

Room Tip: Better ask your children their preference before choosing the rooms, since my daughter was indeed sc...
10 Thank Will C
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is a once in a lifetime hotel experience for kids:) travelling with 3 children under 10 we spoiled ourselves by staying in a pirate themed room for one night. Amazing experience every little detail for children. Separate area for kids separate tv fantastic! Children's entertainment was also outstanding.
Few small glitches probably the fact it's so new, check in was very slow but there is an area to keep the kids amused while doing so.
Our telephone line was broken which ment for any communication with reception I was queuing substantially, could probably do with some extra staff.
Food in the restaurant was completely catering for children & adults alike relaxed atmosphere & no stress!!
Jacek, Amber &john (hotel Staff) stood out from the crowds,
Our issue was we had another child accompany us on the trip & required an extra ticket for 2days to the park. Unfortunatly when I asked at reception I was told I could purchase at the turnstile but this wasn't the case. So after already waiting @reception for 30mins checking in I had to return to reception & wait 45mins to be told they didn't sell tickets for the park !!
After raising my concerns that I had already waited over an hr to get all 3 children into the park & there patience & my own was wearing the manager arrived & saved the day within mins!!
This would not put me off the hotel as everything else was first class & amazing experience the children will never forget:)

Room Tip: If your going to stay I would definitely recommend the theme rooms! Excellent! Words can't descr...
Birmingham
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed at legolands new resort on easter weekend. Got to resort before check in time but was able to leave suitcase and was given a card to access lifts etc. At check in time bags had already been taken up to room which was great. Our 6 year thought the room was brilliant and loved the hunt to get the combination to open treasure chest, with a lego surprise. Hotel was only 3 weeks old and was fab for kids, the indoor ogre castle is just great fun for a 6 year old to run around safely and make friends. The food was expensive and variety was poor for a buffet. The park rides where a joke, queues are long and then some of the rides are not worth the wait. On morning of check out staff twice entered room without knocking, once at 08.50 and then again at 09.10!! Check out was not till 10.00 so felt underpressure to get out off room. But we decided not to let it put us of and went down to breakfast and on our return all staff that where out side in corridors had disappeared!!

1 Thank Birmingham44