“One night stay standard room”

LEGOLAND Resort Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
Swansea, United Kingdom
“One night stay standard room”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We booked this one night stay on impulse on the same day as we were staying on late deals as we were told that we would not be able to book, on other web sites as it was fully booked, although it was half empty! We had not seen any of the hype on the hotel so went in completely neutral and without biased opinions. The kids aged 5 and 6, felt they had entered Lego heaven at reception, with so much to look and play with. Staff, although quite young were very friendly and helpful. There are only two lifts, but this was not a problem as we were out of season. The kids loved the journey up to our room, with the fun lifts and the theme that runs all the way through. We stayed in a standard pirate themed room. I must say that we did not realise that we were in standard, as the pictures I have just seen on the website do not do it justice. To us it was the full Lego experience, as everywhere you turn has the theme running throughout it, with the bathroom and the Lego spiders, through to the skull and cross bone buttons on the bed. The idea of two 'separate' rooms was also brilliant with two separate tv's, made getting ready in the morning so much easier. We cannot fault the rooms with the themes and the cleanliness.

We arrived pretty late, so rushed down to the restaurant at 7.30 in the evening. There was only the choice of the all you can eat buffet, for twenty pounds per adult and ten pounds per child. We went with this, and the food was of good quality with lots of different options and choice. We do feel that the kids were so excited to play that they ate a little salad and some chips, not amounting to this cost. We realised that when we left the buffet area, there was a bar area that served food that was less expensive than the buffet, and where we payed sixty pounds we could have paid a lot less, so we would have gone for this option. That was down to our fault and not the hotel as both options are in the hotel rooms information book.

Breakfast was lovely with lots of different choices for adults and children, we could not have asked for more choice, and plenty of it. The full english was lovely, with lots of fruit and cereal and pastries also on offer.

Overall, I think the children and adults really enjoyed the whole experience, and they are asking when they can go back. I have read some negative comments on this sight, but I think it also depends on the time of year you go. We went inside term school holidays, and it was a much better and lovely experience, no problems with crowds, queues and no problem with two lifts etc. I think if we had gone in peak season we may have been a little more frayed around the edges, as it is we got to go on Atlantis twice before the rest of the park opened, and the kids loved that we had this preferential treatment.

Room Tip: Stayed in standard, but it felt like premium with all the extras.
5 Thank rhys m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
manchester
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I bought a package for my cousin and her partner and son - 5 - over the weekend 19 June. Their son is a huge lego fan. it also coincided witj the Queens' Diamon Jubilee parade at Windsor which Legoland notified me of. Fortunately they did not experience any holdups and after an early start from Manchester arrived at 10.00 a.m. They were able to pre-register at the Hotel and then straight into the park which is accessed through the hotel. They told me they spent a very enjoyable day in the park and returned to their hotel at 3.00 to check in - I had reserved a Pirate Theme room some weeks ago but theywere told they had none left??? hmmm not a good start - however they were upgraded to a Premium Adventure Room overlooking the park which they were happy with - so fair enough. However the promised free gift in the treasure chest was missing and the dad hadnto go to reception to get one - again not good enough - he was told a whole floor had been missed?? - not acceptable at the price of the rooms and the fact that this is heavily advertised.

They did not have any complaints about their stay and said the room facilities were fine. Most importantly their son loved the hotel and its characters - they told me it was a wonderful experience for him so maybe that is the point. And of course the location is the main selling point - easy access to and from the park for little legs!!!

1 Thank dizzylinzy
Milton Keynes, England
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The theming throughout the hotel is what strikes you first, for any child that loves Lego it's a dream come true! That's where the love affair ends I'm afraid and you soon get the feeling that you're dealing with a company that just wants to make money out of you, rather than create cherished memories. To create loyalty, you've got to fill places with a team of people who genuinely care about the product and their Guests, this doesn't happen here...
The Reception is functional and doubles up as a retail area which is open 24/7.The team seem inexperienced and process everyone they encounter. The accommodation and entertainment/dining floors are serviced by two themed lifts which are woefully inadequate for the amount of visitors and new arrivals spend the first few minutes trying to navigate how to work them and which doors to exit. The rooms are overly themed with busy carpets and decor, there are some nice touches (like the quest to open the safe which is a great touch for kids), but they're not relaxing and should be a haven away from the hustle and bustle of the park. The Restaurant is overpriced for the quality of the food on offer. There's actually too much choice which means large quantities of food is out for long periods of time (so none of it's very hot) and no trays, which means that children are expected to collect their food holding plates. We were excited about staying at this hotel, but due to the perceived lack of service and genuine warmth from the team, won't rush back.

3 Thank stdrew65
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2012

The hotel was nice enough, the rooms were very clean, the food was good but the attitude of some of the reception staff was terrible, they were more interested in chatting amongst themselves about their private lives instead of doing their job. I rang from the room requesting a bar of soap as they had taken ours away, after an hour and a half I went to reception and collected it myself and they weren't a bit bothered and handed me a cardboard box of various soaps and told me to help myself! They also forgot to activate my room card so back to the reception again to get them done. The pool was so cold we couldn't use it and was told it would be warmed up but it never did, their isn't enough lifts so lots of time spent waiting for them so ended up not bothering with them. It's not all bad though, the Lego park was great and it was a shame that it's let down by the few staff in the hotel that just weren't interested.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the 2 nd floor
4 Thank raystone
Maidstone, United Kingdom

We stayed here on 17th - 18th May 2012
Check in staff are useless...
Restaurant staff are useless...
Swimming pool not available but never informed by check in staff
Had dinner booked for my son's 2nd birthday...no cake arrived and no balloon's either
Not work the very high charges to stay here...best i can say is save a lot of money and get a Cab from home as will be better service and better value
Rooms very nice but 2 lift's ??? C'mon what person thought that one up as waited 20 minutes with a pushchair to get in to lift as we were on 3rd floor
We will not be going back her and feel we did not get value for money at any time in this very poorly run hotel that is basically a B & B and no staff cares
Stay at your peril as i read all other review and thought it can not be that bad BUT IT IS !!!
Entertainment is at best ok for anyone under 5 but again staff are less than competent
Legoland Management need to train staff better and sort out a lot of issues at this hotel
I could write all day on here for Bad things at this Hotel but i have better things to do so if you DO book in then be prepared to ask for all information as they will not offer any
Not even told where or when breakfast was
What can i say but very poorly run...

Room Tip: We stayed on 3rd floor and all you can hear is people running and jumping on floor above so stay in...
3 Thank celica66
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I was booked into the Legoland Hotel on Sun 6th May for my sons 6th birthday it was the only thing he wanted. As was reported in the news there was a power cut not Legolands fault but they did not tell us anything we were told to just wait as the power might come back on and we wouldn't get a refund!! £480 down the drain I think not. After haggling with the acting manager she agreed a refund for us. I was called later that evening to be told that I would receive a refund on Wednesday and somebody would call me back - no call and no refund I called the following Friday and was told they couldn't help me someone would call me back - no phone call and still no refund. I finally called again on the following Monday and spoke to some who said they were working through the refunds and someone would call me back you guessed it it is now the following Saturday and no phone call and still no refund. I am utterly disgusted that Legoland are acting this way -they are quick enough to take the money - as I would like to get my son a replacement birthday present as he has had to go without one now as i cant afford to simply layout a further £500 for this not nice for a 6 year old to understand!! All I can say is thank you Legoland for my sons wonderful 6th birthday!!!! NOT!!!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank Claire J
Dumfries , Scotland
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We spent last weekend at the Legoland hotel with our 3 year old and 15month old and had a ball. The staff were fantastic and really could not do enough for us. The staff coped well with a power cut outwith their control. The lego displays everywhere were amazing and I could hardly get the kids and my husband out the lego pit in reception. The whole hotel is great for both childrens and adults imagination. We stayed in the kingdom room and both our kids thought they were in a magical kingdom. It is the small touches the hotel does for the kids which are great, the quiz in the room for kids, wine for the adults and ribena for the kids, childrens sized toilets and basins. My favourite was the talking mirror in the toliet which told me I was gorgeous and the kids loved the talking lift. The staff made our holiday and were so enthusiastic.

Room Tip: Kingdom room was great
3 Thank Kirsteen K