“Great for kids of all ages”

LEGOLAND Resort Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
Bedworth, England
“Great for kids of all ages”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We visited on 16th May 2014 and had a fantastic time. We went last year in school holidays and promised we would never go back as we spent the whole day fightings wasps and cueing- one ride for 2 hours. This time we managed to get on over 10 rides for our kids aged 1 and 4 and the longest we cued was 15 mins. I recommend you bring a towel and swimming costumes for your kids as they have water park which looks fantastic and the shop near by charges high prices if you were to purchase onsite. The same goes for Lego the prices are higher than you would pay anywhere else but to expect I suppose. Overall we had a great day and will be returning again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
LEGOLAND_Windsor, Social Media Executive at LEGOLAND Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us following your stay at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. We're delighted to hear that you had a great stay and that you managed to enjoy so many of the attractions - including the water play area.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Thanks,
The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Everyone loved it! The reception area was very child friendly because there were Lego bricks. Amusements for all the family and great deals; we watched a DVD with popcorn and Coca Cola. The food at Bricks was incredible- a helpful child section where young kids could get their food themselves while everyone else got their meals. Overall it was a lovely stay.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Isabel N
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stayed over in the pirates room my 4 children loved it.. We would stay again the park was amazing didn't have to wait long to go on the rides. Room was spotless and I loved the set out of the room. The only down fall to our stay was the indoor swim area first day when we went there the staff were amazing in the swim area didn't make me feel uncomfortable and I could spend time and have fun with my boys in the indoor splash pool where the water is below knee length.. I had wore my top and legging due to for religious reasons I could not show all my legs and arms, none of the staff said anything to me were very understandable. The next day after breakfast kids wanted to go again so we got ready went down to the indoor splash area and the lady working was so rude in the tone she was using and said I was not allowed to go in with my children and the only way I can go in is with a swimming custom I even explained for religious reasons I can not wear a swimming custom and that I am not going in the pool area justin the splash area where the water is way below knee length, also explained yesterday her other collgues let me in and didn't say anything this lady still refused to let me go threw and said well there is an outside water area in the park and unforturenately that day it was cold outside in the contract of agreement it says full facility but which is not true so I had to go back to our room the kids were really upset and kept mouning they wanted to go in but I couldn't even let them go in on there own.. This is really disappointing to me because you would think lego land would take in consideration that for religious reason I couldn't wear a swimming custom this is the only thing that has put me of in going back to legoland and my local swimming pool they allow it but there were the water in the splash area is below knee length I was not allowed to go on my second day where on first day there were three ppl on duty and not even one of them had said I was not allowed threw this is really disappointing to me and effects consumers right. I would take the kids again but will not be willing to stay again because after paying do much over £700 and not been able to use the splash water indoor play area is a dispointment three workers allowing it one day and the next one worker not allowing us to go thew it's really upsetting my boys love water play and this is ashame. Miss Z Bashir stayed from 21/04/14-23/04/14

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Zonash
Dublin
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just stayed in the Legoland hotel with our 3 kids (9, 7 & 4). From the moment we drove up to the hotel our kids loved it! The detail on the exterior of the building was amazing and this carried through to reception - the kids were never bored as there was so much to take in. We stayed in a pirate room and it was great that each floor was themed. Entering the room the kids were presented with clues to open the locked treasure chest inside which they uncovered Lego gifts. The childrens sleeping area was amazing and the whole room was extremely well appointed with plenty of room for kids and grown-ups. The common areas were great - nice sized restaurant/bar and the entertainment in the evening kept the kids busy. There was a nice little play area just outside the door and we even got to meet some real Lgo characters! Access to the park from the hotel meant you were right into Lego city or the Atlantis ride which was great. If I was being fussy, there are a couple of small items that let the hotel down: 1. Customer Service - hotel service was as you would expect in any UK hotel, however this is no ordinary UK hotel and the staff would do well to "Disney" up their attitudes. Although we dont want to see to many cheesy smiles and phrases, its all about the kids and the staff should be trained to make the whole experience a bit magical. 2. The standard of food in the Bricks buffet was very good but could have been replenished more often, we noticed that certain items ran out quickly and took time to be replaced. I would not normally spend so much money on a 2 night break, however all in all it was money well spent as our whole family had a great time and the stay in the hotel adds so much to the overall Lego experience.

Room Tip: Good to get a park view, but to be honest there is so much to do in and out of the room that it does...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DublinKopite
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent trip to the resort. We're so pleased to hear that overall you had a great stay and that loved the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort hotel. We value all of the feedback that we receive from our guests so we will ensure that the few points that you made are passed on to the relevant department.

Thanks again and we do hope to welcome you back to the resort in the future.

Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Absolutely amazing from start to finish! We have been to LEGOLAND twice before, and as we live less than 2 hours away, we usually drive up and back in a day. This time however we thought we would treat our boys and stay the night. We booked the adventure premium room and were not disappointed!

The kids ( 2 box aged 2 and 7) had their own mini cove like part with bunk beds, and an extra pull out bed part. My husband and I had our own space and it was amazing.

There is a tv for the adult part of the room and also one for the kids. The hotel also has its own entrance into the park.

The kids had a clue hunt to find the numbers to be able to open the treasure chest, when they found the clues they were able to put this into the combination and open the chest... to find their treasure!!

We are currently potty training our younger son and to our amazement, LEGOLAND had adult and child seats on the toilets.... so no need to carry the portable loo seat with us in the hotel.

We booked bricks café for our evening meal, and was a little pricey but was all you can eat. After that we sat down for the kids entertainment... both our kids were chosen to take part, and we were able to relax and watch them have fun in the safety of the hotel grounds.

In the morning we took the kids to the swimming pool in the hotel and had so much fun.

Literally the only problem we had was that there was no hair drying facilities in the swimming pool changing rooms.... and we had checked out by this point. The lady on reception gave me a room card to use their hairdryer so that was a positive.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough, the food, staff, and cleanliness was all above standard!

Thanks Guys, We are now merlin premier card owners so will be seeing you again :)

Room Tip: adventure rooms are top, pirate rooms floor 2
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
LEGOLAND_Windsor, Social Media Executive at LEGOLAND Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent stay at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. We're so pleased to hear that you had such an amazing time and thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Even better to hear that you've now got Merlin Annual Passes, so you'll be visiting us much more.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I Cannot praise this hotel enough. The wonderful rooms how clean it was. The staff couldnt do enough for us. Luggage taken and collected to our rooms.The food choice and value was spot on. The park was kept clean and toilet blocks everywhere were kept spotless. Would recommend staying here if you want good service with a smile. Wish some other Hotels could take note on the running of this Hotel.

Room Tip: Coulnt fault this Hotel. All the rooms seem to be good.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent stay at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. We are so pleased to hear that you had an amazing stay and that you couldn't fault a thing. We'll be sure to pass your great feedback on to our team who will be delighted.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back to the resort again soon.

aberdeen
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have just stayed at the Legoland Resort Hotel in a premium pirate room with park view. Overall we had a great stay. I know the hotel isn't cheap but it really added to our whole legoland experience.

We have two young boys and they were completely in awe of the reception area when we arrived. The room was also brilliant and we loved the box of lego and the puzzle to open the chest containing two lego toys.

We ate in Bricks two nights and the food was good. I wouldn't say it is amazing but the buffet style suits a family holiday and we couldn't fault it. The ice cream machine was also a novelty.

The kids loved the swimming pool although, if I was honest, I thought that there would be more to the 'pirate area'. Having said that the kids had no complaints.

The only thing I felt that could be improved is the customer service. As I said, the hotel is not cheap, and while all the lego features are great, I do think the customer service could be a lot better for the price you pay.

When we booked I prepaid for dinner and therefore I called to book a table. While there was nothing bad about the call I felt the person couldn't really be bothered speaking to me.

At Bricks you are expected to pay for food and/or drinks when you order. I understand the rationale for this policy from the hotel's perspective but the way it was communicated seemed a bit mercenary. It was very much "you need to pay now!" rather than politely explaining that the policy is to pay on ordering due to the volume of people, perhaps accompanied with a smile?

The skyline bar service was much the same - satisfactory but not overly friendly.

The only staff who really interacted were those on the pool desk.

At check out it was the same bland service. I queried an item on our bill which we established was incorrect as the Bricks staff decided to charge us for an extra child assuming we hadn't paid for one of the kids even though he was under 3 and entitled to eat free. They did this without asking us. At check out the person who served me didn't know how to look at what was being charged and it took 3 members of staff to deal with this on a bill with 2 charges. Again no smile or apology.

I don't want to seem like a moan, we really enjoyed our stay and I wouldn't want to put anyone off staying here, but when you consider the price of the hotel, you could easily stay in an excellent 5 star hotel so would a smile or too be too much to ask for?

Overall though we would stay again. The convenience to the park is great and enables you to enter early and come back to your room if the weather takes a turn for the worse. The little touches are also brilliant for kids - a one if a kind experience.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank CJ2308
Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent stay at the LEGOLAND Windsor resort. We're so pleased to hear that you had a great stay overall and enjoyed all that the hotel had to offer.

However, we're very sorry to hear that you felt your stay was let down by the customer service you received. We pride ourselves on offering our guests a memorable and magical day out and our staff are usually complimented on being extremely helpful and friendly. We value all feedback from our guests so will be sure to pass your comments on to the relevant departments so they can be made aware of this.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the resort again in the future.

The LEGOLAND