“loved it”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Windsor
Malta,Europe
“loved it”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Very nice experience. The reception great...with lego blocks for children to play...The room fantastic...had pirate theme room..very clean and good space.We loved everything besides dinner quality of food...very poor on the contrary to breakfast.

Room Tip: We loved our Pirate room
3 Thank Rachel D
LEGOLAND_Windsor, Social Media Executive at Legoland Windsor Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2015
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a great stay at the resort and we thank you for your feedback. We do hope that you raised any issues or problems that you had during your evening meal at Bricks Family Restaurant so that we were able to resolve this for you at the time. However, please be assured that your feedback will be passed on to the relevant department management for further review.

The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
Ironbridge Gorge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights for my sons 10th birthday as he as a illness so it was a special milestone for him
The hotel staff on the front dest need to cheer up
The pirate themed room was great for the kids solved the puzzle open the chest you get £2.50 bag of Lego for a girl so boys not happy
We paid £745 for the two the hotel was great but the mega let down was the quality of the evening buffet dried up chicken and many empty containers lot of staff was foreign couldn't speak good English
There was some very helpful staff ( but no many )
£18 each for the evening buffet we paid this the first night what a mega let down.for bad quality of food like that it should have been included in the price £745
The park was great

Room Tip: Higher up the better as disco very loud
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Pentonboy
Thank you for taking the time to review us, following your visit to the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel. We're pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay overall. However, we're sorry to hear that your evening meal in Bricks Family Restaurant let your trip down somewhat and that you found some of our staff were not as friendly as you would have hoped. Please be assured that your comments will be passed on to the relevant teams for further review.

Glendale, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Last September, I spent two nights at the Legoland Resort with my husband and stepchildren (4 &6). My four year old stepson was in a pirate-phase and we thought that it would be a nice surprise to not only take them to Legoland, but stay in a pirate room!

The room was fabulous and worth every penny. At check in, the kids were given a treasure map and they had to solve clues in our room to figure out a code to a treasure chest, inside of the chest was a treasure of Lego toys for them to take home. Such a great touch! The room, like the hotel and park, was completely decked out in the theme. It was quite spectacular. Beyond that, the room was very comfortable and had everything that we needed. The room even had a huge bucket of Lego for the kids to play with during their stay.

My stepson was a little frightened of a Lego Monkey was is sitting on top of the treasure chest. We didn't know this until we were checking out, but he let us know that it had frightened him at night. I'm not sure if many other kids would have a similar problem, we were surprised when he told us.

The hotel itself was also wonderful. Make sure to take time to make a Lego creation in the giant pool of Lego brick in the lobby and enter your design in the daily contest. The kids loved that.

The staff was exceptional, always anticipating our needs and super friendly.

The hotel is very convenient, with its own entrance into the park, right by the very popular Atlantis attraction. A bonus is you can go on the very wet water rides, get soaked, dry off/change clothes in your room and head back into the park.

The only negative about the hotel was the Bricks Family Restaurant- overpriced and nearly inedible food. Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!

The kids are already asking if we can go back this summer, the hotel was a huge hit!

Like my review? Check out my blog!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Karen H
Thanks for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that yourself and your family had such a wonderful stay at the resort. We also appreciate you taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your meal in Bricks Family Restaurant, which we will pass on to the relevant department management.

We hope to welcome you back to the resort in the future.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I am a Lego fan and I loved this hotel the moment I walked in. Compared to Alton Towers themed rooms which is the same price, I feel a lot more attention to detail has been put into this hotel and everywhere you walk, there is something interesting to look at.

Location wise, it is around 1hr 30 mins drive from central London. We took the 702 green line bus from Victoria. Bus stop is just opposite Victoria station and can be easily located. If you are staying at the hotel and have luggage get off the first stop when you arrive at Legoland, they call it the staff entrance but it is also 2mins walk to the hotel. If you get off at the main entrance you will have to walk through the park which will take you a good 20 mins. I tried getting directions from Legoland holidays before my trip but they said they had no idea on the routes which is pretty bad.

I arrived at around 11.30pm but our room was not ready so we left our bags at left luggage. When we got back at the end of our day we went to collect our key with zero fuss and they already took our bags up to the room which was great.

In the room there was a treasure hunt which was fun for the kids but I think it was mentioned in one of the reviews already that the gift was for one male and one female. Both mine are boys so it would of been good if they checked with us first if boy or girl to save the boys arguing who should have which gift.

The kids loved the pirate themed rooms, the interior is lovely. They love their own private bulk bed area. The only complaint I have is in the the glass shower panel in the bathroom. It looks good but not very safe for children. This is supposed to be a hotel for kids and personally I think using a glass panel in the bathroom is pretty dangerous and a potential hazard. A shower curtain would be much safer for younger children.

Food wise - we are pretty small eaters so we did not opt for the Bricks buffet as it would of cost over GBP60 for the four of us. We had room service instead and the food was not bad but not very hot. But overall it tasted pretty good and cost much less than the buffet.

Breakfast was okay the usual selection very kids friendly.

Overall hotel was very nice and staff very friendly. But they are not very informative as I asked whether the bus to London stopped by the hotel during the afternoon and they were not very sure and said no only at the main entrance. So I had to lug my bags across the park to the main entrance only to find out it did stop next to the hotel. Apart from that I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Steph13T
LEGOLAND_Windsor, Social Media Executive at Legoland Windsor Resort Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us, following your stay at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel. We're delighted to hear that your family had a great stay overall.

We also thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback, which is valued. We have fed your comments back to our hotel bookings team regarding directions to the hotel. We appreciated that this is a question that many guests, having never visited the area before, may have and so for this reason the correct information should be readily available.

We're also sorry to hear that you did not receive two boys toys in the treasure chest, following the treasure hunt around the room. Guests are usually promoted to state the sex of their children when they are booking their room. The reason for this being so that we can provide the relevant toys. If guests do get the wrong toys, whether age or male/female related, our reception team are more than happy to swap the gift. We can only apologise for this oversight and that you were unaware that this could be swapped.

We will pass your comments on to the hotel team so they can review your feedback and take any necessary action.

Thanks again and we hope to welcome yourself and your family back to the resort in the future.

Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had booked to stay in the hotel for one night and two days in the park starting from Friday 27 June to Saturday 28 June 2014. I will start with the hotel:-

We travelled quite a long way to get to Legoland, so when we arrived it was 2pm, we did a pre check-in then went off to get a drink from the skyline bar whilst the kids played on the hotel park. At 3pm prompt we collected our room card keys and went up to our room. We booked an adventure room which was Indianna Jones inspired and the room was fabulous, spotlessly clean, very cleverly thought out with the separate bunk room with pull out bed for my 3 children. The kids had a great time cracking the clues to open the safe, my two boys aged 10 and 8 got a lego toy each to build up and my 2 year old girl got some duplo to play with. The bathroom was luxurious and even came with legoland toiletries including soap in the shape of a lego brick. The sun was shining so we made the most of the last couple of hours by going into the park to have a look round and go on any rides that did not have queues.

At 6pm we made our way to the bricks family restaurant for dinner which had so much choice especially for the children and the puddings were awesome. We found breakfast to be more enjoyable with so much choice for everyone. After dinner we went swimming in the hotel pirate themed pool and towels were even provided. All in all hotel fantastic, staff very friendly and we were even able to buy a swim nappy for my youngest in the hotel reception when I realised we had left ours at home.

The Park:- On Friday the weather was glorious but we only got a couple of hours in the park before dinner so our main day was Saturday. Unfortunately the weather was not on our side and we suffered heavy rain, thunder and lightening all day, which did spoil it for us as we got very wet and very miserable and did not get to go on a lot of rides due to it being so wet although all the rides were still open. I will recommend buying the refillable drinks for everyone they cost £7.50 each which seem expensive but NOT buying them would have been expensive as drinks are £2.95 each, where as the refillable is well just that refillable all day. We reckon we saved £60 not buying drinks each time alone. The food is expensive but we'd had the buffet breakfast so we were not really hungry anyway, but I saw a lot of people with picnic's which will work out so much cheaper.

I read a fair few bad reviews on here before I left and I would like to set the record straight, yes some of the lego on miniland is sun faded and has a few cobwebs here and there but............who cares!!! My children never mentioned it to me as they were too busy being in awe of all the lego structures to even notice. I have seen people complaining on here about the lego looking a bit tired, faded and outdated..............wake up people these structures are not rebuilt every year and they stay outside permanently what do you expect, my kids loved miniland and so did us adults who cares about a cobweb, all the lego that should move moved and we did not see anything broken!! We as a family thought the atlantis was the best ride here where we sat in a submarine and got to see the lost city of atlantis made of lego under the water along with real sharks, fish and stingrays. The indoor massive star wars walkthrough exhibit was great, we went through both days.

All in all we loved legoland and my kids did not have one negative thing to say about this place and that to me is priceless. The hotel is fab, we found staff to be helpful and courteous and some genuinely seemed to enjoy being at work. This is one experience my children will not forget and yes it is a little pricey but how often can you say you stayed in a lego themed room, ate unlimited food, got to go on rides and play xbox in the hotel? Not many x

3 Thank MelanieJ638
Thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review, following your stay at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. We're so delighted to hear that you had such a great stay with us and that your children had an amazing time.

We hope to welcome yourself and your family back to the resort in the future.

Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've posted a review on this hotel before (all positive) but wanted to post again to say "thank you" Legoland Hotel for a fantastic few days!

Our stay was mid week during term time (we have a pre-schooler and a baby).

Prior to arriving we had received a phone call letting us know that our booked partial themed Kingdom room would not be available due to renovations, they would however upgrade us to a fully themed Adventure room with a park view and give us £40 worth of Lego loot (basically money to spend in either the shops or restaurants in the hotel or Legoland). We were more than happy with this and thought it was fitting compensation, in fact pretty generous. The renovations didn't have any effect on us during our stay.

The hotel room was fantastic, I've always said I wouldn't pay the extra for a fully themed room and park view but it was really good I have to admit, the decoration was very well done, the kids loved it and it was lovely to look out at the lake, depending on the cost maybe I still wouldn't pay the extra but it was nice for this holiday at least!!

The room was clean and spacious with everything we needed. I've read reviews that complain about the "treasure" in the chest which in my opinion is unjustified. This is an added little extra, most hotels don't do this sort of thing, and it's just a bit of fun for the kids, my daughter loved solving the clues and was thrilled to get "treasure" at the end of it as I'm sure most children would be. It's a lovely little touch.

We ate at the restaurant for breakfast, which is included, and for dinner. We ate at about 5pm each night and can't fault the food or service, the staff were always very friendly and plates were cleared quickly. The food was replenished quickly, it was hot and there was lots of choice.

All the staff we encountered were friendly, reception staff giving our daughter stickers and pool staff asking if we'd had a nice swim, all these things make a huge difference I find.

Yes it is a bit on the expensive side but you know what you're going to pay before you book it so if you don't agree with the price stay somewhere else!!

We can't wait to go back next year!

2 Thank Disney23
Hello and thank you for writing a fantastic review, following your stay at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel. We're so pleased to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and that everything exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming yourself and your family back to the resort next year.

Thanks again,
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Overall a great experience but some disappointments with the hotel. First impressions were great and receptionist was superb.

We stayed on a Wednesday night in pirate themed room 314 which our kids (7&9) loved. Was a bit dark in the alcove where their bunks were situated - a night light might be a good idea if your kids don't like the dark.

Room was freezing and no matter how high I turned the AC, it didn't seem to make a difference so we turned it off. Then woke in small hours as too stuffy! A loud whining noise from floor above or next door (Aircon again?) kept us awake too.

Bricks restaurant was also very cold and food mediocre at best. Couldn't find any spare cutlery and staff had to be asked to clear excess plates from our overcrowded table.

We used the splash pool too which was a riot of laughing kids. The water was warm and changing rooms clean.

The loos were also clean and featured the most colourfull urinals i've ever seen (photo uploaded)!

The park itself was great. Hotel residents get access from 09:30 so have half an hour to play on 5 rides nearest the hotel before the main gates open which was great as no queues. The pirate show was well worth waiting for but if you leave it to the last minute like we did, you'll end up sat in the 'soak zone' (far right hand side) and you will get splashed which was all part of the fun for us.

A great day out.

1 Thank Keith I
Thank you for taking the time to review us, following your stay at the resort. We're so pleased to hear that you had a great stay overall. However, we're sorry to hear that you found certain areas of the hotel, including your hotel room, to be a little on the cold side. We'll be sure to pass your comments on to our housekeeping team and hotel management for their attention and further review.

We hope to welcome yourself and your family back to the resort in the future.