Holiday Inn Express Windsor
  • Free Internet
    • Bar/Lounge
    Great 4.5/5
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewspolice stationcar parkhi expressbeansroom was cleanthe sofa bedtown centreten minute walkbreakfast was includedshort staylarge showercooked foodstayed here for nightsmodern hotelideal locationfamily roomwould stay again
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights whilst visiting windsor castle. Hotel very clean and modern. Staff very polite and helpful. Short walking distance to the shops and restaurants as well as windsor castle, Thames and eaton. Complimentary breakfast was nice too.

The only downsides were firstly the car park was still not open and no sign of it opening any time soon. Difficult to find space on the private road behind or the forecourt of hotel. If car park doesn't open by summer I imagine it will be an even bigger issue.
    Secondly the mattress in hotel room is very uncomfortable. We asked to be moved after first night, however, mattress in new room was equally uncomfortable. We constantly rolled to middle of bed and it was like sleeping on the side of a hill in both rooms.

Overall if it wasn't for mattress we would have been very satisfied with the hotel. Good place to stay for visiting local attractions.

• Stayed: February 2013
    GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I was delighted you found the team to be nice and helpful and I shall pass your feedback on to them.

Thank you also for your comments regarding our location and facilities. The hotel really is in a great spot, whether it's to wander into the town centre or to visit the many nearby attractions.

Unfortunately yes, the car park is still out of operation at the moment, due to essential upgrading and maintenance work we are doing in this area. We aim to have it back in operation as soon as possible.

Thank you again for all your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

My wife and I had stopped at the Holiday Inn Express in Reading a couple of times a few years ago when visiting my son so, hearing that one had just opened in Windsor where he now lives with his new wife and baby, we decided to try it. Our expectations were realised. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms and all public areas were fresh and clean. A good selection of cereals, fruit, juices, breads etc for breakfast, though the hot selection - sausages, scrambled egg and baked beans - was basic. Very conveniently located for town centre. Only major, ongoing drawback is the lack of a car-park. Fortunately the staff were very helpful in finding us a space, but if it isn't remedied by the busy season it will be a real problem. Otherwise good value for money

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I shall pass on all of your feedback to the team here as I am sure they will be delighted that you found them to be so friendly and the hotel lovely and clean, just as it should be!

Thank you also for the feedback regarding our location and facilities. Unfortunately yes, the car park is still out of operation at the moment as we continue to carry out essential upgrading and maintenance in this area.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped for just the one night last week. After reading some of the reviews about parking and customer service I was having some reservations about staying at this hotel. Yes, possibly the parking could potentially be a problem but we managed to park down the side road opposite the police station and were told by the receptionist that we could stay there for as long as we wanted. This turned out to be very useful as we spent the following day in Windsor itself and would have had to pay a fortune to park in a public car park. The hotel itself was very comfortable, although the bed was a little soft for my boyfriend and the room was very clean and modern . The breakfast was more than sufficient with a small choice of hot and cold food. The hotel was in a reasonable position and you could easily walk to the centre of Windsor in 10-15 minutes. I would also like to say that the customer service was great. We spoke to a couple of people on reception and both times were dealt with in a friendly and helpful manner and were given some useful information to help us with our stay. I would definately stop here another time if we ever visit this area again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
    GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay with us and that you found our team here to be so friendly and helpful.

The hotel is in such a super location to visit many of the nearby attractions or to just take a stroll into the Windsor town centre.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Hotel very new & fresh & very convenient for the centre of Windsor
    Breakfast basic but very nice
    Staff very courteous & helpful
    BUT there is no car park as stated & no parking spaces anywhere near the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank terreus

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I was pleased to see that you found the hotel to be in a great location and the staff to be friendly and helpful. I shall certainly pass all of your comments on to them. Wiith regard to the car park, we hope to have this excellent facility open and available for our guests to use as soon as possible. In the meantime, there is on street car parking to the front and side of the hotel. Next time you stay with us, please don't hesitate to ask Reception for further information.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We arrived on a snowy Sunday - there was only the disabled space left but friendly reception let us use it.
    Locals tell us the carpark floods- the water table is 2' down.
    We had a room on the front, were not bothered by traffic noise but short nights because of the planes- they stop after 11 & start at 4.30. But that is Windsor for you. Real estate is lovely but staffing seems to be a problem- three new members of staff in our stay. Our room was not serviced at 5 p.m. The charming house keeper did it herself, making herself late on her first day!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Express Windsor.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay with us and I shall pass your comments on to the team. With regard to the car park, we hope to have this excellent facility open and available for our guests to use as soon as possible.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.