“One of the better Holiday Inns!”

Holiday Inn Express Windsor
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
London
“One of the better Holiday Inns!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed here before catching a flight at Heathrow. I actually used some Priority Club reward points for the stay that had been given to me by a different HI hotel as an apology for the issues I'd had there, so I really wasn't sure what to expect!
The room was clean. Free breakfast was a bonus and free wifi too.
The staff were very accommodating, when our plans changed they moved us to a bigger room and gave us extra bedding!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GMHIEXWindsor, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Windsor, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your positve feedback. We hope that we are given the opportunity to welcome you back.
Kind Regards
Gehan
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Belturbet, Ireland
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is our 2nd visit here in 7 months. Love this hotel because its in a great location and reasoably priced. Rooms are clean and adquite for our needs.Staff are lovely and we found they were helpful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Windsor for a short stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 216 because we love plane spotting , perfect for us maybe not for everyone
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank csjIreland
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Kind Regards
Gehan
GM
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I stayed for one Sunday night using my Priority Club Reward Points.
We were allocated a room on the 3rd (top floor) overlooking the adjacent police station car park along with more distant views of Windsor Castle.
The room was compact, very clean and functional with free wi-fi and tea/coffee making facilities.
The bathroom is modern with a large shower cubicle although I found the shower water pressure to be on the low side.

Because the weather was unseasonably mild, we slept with the windows ajar.
The outside aircraft noise wasn’t too bad…after all it is Windsor!
The bed was a too spongy for my taste, a bit like trying to sleep on a bouncy castle.

We enjoyed a couple of G&T’s on the hotels' very pleasant outdoor patio area.
Breakfast was good with a choice of continental and cooked items.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it especially if you can negotiate a discount price.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the police station have views of Windsor Castle.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NewOldGit
Dear SIr/Madam,
Thank you for your feed back. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back.
Gehan & Team at windsor
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This an exceptionally nice HI Express! Really fantastic value. Will definitely stay again on next Windsor visit. Staff was fantastic and was more than clean and new. Breakfast included was a big bonus, too.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Bonnie V
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here now for the third time. Nice staff, well appointed, clean rooms, bar area for a quick drink is o.k., not very cosy. Windsor downtwon is in walking distance app.10 min. Quiet area, excep the planes, Heathrow is near. Breakfast is o.k. and appropriate- bacon likers will be disapponted- only sausages, beans and scrambled egg- but for a Holiday Express all is good, I have nothing to complain. Loved the rooms, all you need, not luxary but everything is there you need and very close to get a glimpse of Windsor after having done your business.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel while spending a weekend visiting Legoland. The hotel staff were very helpful and made a real fuss of my daughter . Nothing was too much trouble. The food was freshly prepared and tasty. The rooms clean and spacious . Perfect budget base for visiting the local area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Andy W
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My stay here was very pleasant. The check-in and check-out was quick and the room clean and functional. However, what made for an exceptional stay, and the reason for my review, was the service.

I had the misfortune of misplacing my passport on the day I was flying. Despite having checked out and the room being ready for the next guest, the staff were EXTREMELY accommodating in letting me check the room as well as unpack and repack my bags in the room. The staff helped me go through laundry piles, garbage and thoroughly comb the room. They were very empathetic to the situation. The fact that the staff were as accommodating and compassionate as they were made a difficult situation more manageable to bear. I eventually found my passport - it wasn't at the hotel after all but in the car nicely hidden underneath the front seat.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again should I visit Windsor but hopefully I won't have to avail on the staff in the same way! Thank you for everything.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo