“Impossible to get through”

Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
London, United Kingdom
“Impossible to get through”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Impossible to get through their land-line; called their hotel group number in the USA - they did not even know where this hotel is located! They provided me with the same phone number, so back to square one.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMHarteandGarter, General Manager at Clarion Collection Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies that you had a problem contacting the hotel. I will review all telephone and numbers and ensure they are correct and working.

Andrew Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on business. Room was fine, very large but breakfast was awful. Went to eat breakfast at 7.05 which was five minutes after opening, plates were cold, food was cold. Was really hungry so i ate it. I wouldnt return there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Please accept my apologies that you had a poor breakfast. The breakfast should be hot at all times and I have addressed this with my team.

johnnytipp
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my 8 year old daughter stayed here for 2 nights while on a trip to legoland Windsor. The hotel is in a great location across road from castle. We were given a family room in the second building overlooking the royal Windsor shopping arcade. The room was huge with a king size bed for me and bunk beds for her. We both had separate 50inch TVs. We were offered a room in main hotel but manager suggested that we were better off with this one as there was to be a charity ball in the hotel breakfast was fine both mornings. The only quibble is that the wi-fi worked intermittently. I left my phone in the room but it was waiting in erection for me 1 hour after checkout. We were very happy with our stay

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for writing a review. The main hotel has 79 bedrooms and Goswell House 19. Goswell House opened in June 2013 and has its own entrance a short walk from the main hotel. All of the rooms are air-conditioned. Your family room as you state is very large and has a double bed at one end and bunk beds at the other. Both have their own large 50” TV so both parent and children can have their own space and watch their own TV channels whilst in the comfort of one room. I have has the Wifi checked since your stay and the fault you experienced has now been rectified. We offer free wifi to all guests in all areas of the hotel. The Housekeeping team are very good and will always securely keep lost property and anything of value such as a phone will always be given to reception for safe keeping. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Windsor.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Lovely hotel our room was huge, clean and bed lovely and comfy. Staff very helpful. Spa was nice but not very big but served its purpose. Would if preferred a big pool. Hen party was well managed and senior waitress lovely and very attentive without being intrusive.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for writing and review and I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and the team looked after you well. I agree that it would be nice if we had a swimming pool, but unfortunately there is not space to provide one. The spa has 5 treatment rooms, Sauna, Steam room and Hydro pool/spa that can catering for 8 people at a time. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Windsor.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Worst tea experience ever. A friend and I popped in before a tour of the castle for a quick cup of tea. The staff seemed confused as to why we were there and almost put out that they had paying customers looking for service. We were ushered into the tea room unceremoniously and forgotten about for about 15 minutes. We were finally approached for our order but, when we asked for the types of tea the place served, were greeted with sighs and a rapid list of basic teas. The table remained unset for another 10 minutes...until a pot of tea was plopped down in front of us. We had no one come check in with us but we're instead treated to a display of waitstaff running around the room and upstairs in a confused manner. We had to ask three times to receive the bill which was overpriced considering the quality of service as well as the fact that we had only a pot of Earl Grey...nothing special. My friend was visiting from Canada and I regret choosing the Harte & Garter to show her a traditional English tea experience. I do not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Courtney P
Please accept my sincere apologies that you had a disappointing experience and I have reviewed your comments with the F&B Manager to address with his team. Generally we receive many positive comments and I apologise that on this occasion the service was not to the standard you or I would expect. If you would like to contact me at the hotel, it would be my pleasure to invite you back in for tea with my compliments to allow the team to improve your opinion of the hotel and service.

Andrew Lee

Travellers are raving about these Windsor hotels

Stoke Rochford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a room overlooking the castle which we paid extra for,the restaurant needs updating the seats are very worn and all looking very tired.
Rooms are very good lots of space for everything bathroom lovely.
The staff were all very helpfull ,and very good service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review and I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. I will review the restaurant seating and improve this as soon as possible. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Windsor.

Kent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We did a TravelZoo deal and great value for money. The room was good had been refurbished , comfortable bed and good linen. Breakfast was good with additional choice to buffet at sensible prices. Dinner was ok for the price, very close to being good as was freshly cooked but slow in serving so a bit cold

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and in general I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay. This week we have implemented new menu’s which should improve the speed of service from the kitchen via the service team to the customer. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Windsor.