“Shabby”

Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Booked 4 double rooms for the last May bank holiday. Two of the couples asked to be moved as rooms was of a poor standand' windows had mould in them mirror cracked and soil pipe leak in bathroom also curtains ripped. Manager really not really interested in complaint. Won't be going back there.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lesley H
GMHarteandGarter, General Manager at Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies that you had a poor stay. I did receive the feedback from the manager that spoke to you and the issues in the first bedroom you experienced have all been rectified. I believe that you were moved and given a complimentary upgrade. We do try to ensure that all rooms are maintained and serviced to a high standard at all times. The Castle View rooms should be booked specifically at the time of reservation. If a standard room is booked a castle view room would not be allocated. We do try to ensure that all guests receive the type of room that they have booked for on all occasions. Subject to availability and if the hotel is not full then we would offer complimentary upgrades. I hope that you will try the hotel again on your next visit and we can improve your experience.

Andrew Lee

Write a ReviewReviews (1,581)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here as part of a booking of 3 as a stopover..Room was spacious, bathroom was reasonably sized. Had a few drinks at the bar, the staff were polite..breakfast was good.. Situated in Windsor so was convenient.....

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for writing a review and I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Impossible to get through their land-line; called their hotel group number in the USA - they did not even know where this hotel is located! They provided me with the same phone number, so back to square one.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Please accept my sincere apologies that you had a problem contacting the hotel. I will review all telephone and numbers and ensure they are correct and working.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed one night on business. Room was fine, very large but breakfast was awful. Went to eat breakfast at 7.05 which was five minutes after opening, plates were cold, food was cold. Was really hungry so i ate it. I wouldnt return there.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Please accept my apologies that you had a poor breakfast. The breakfast should be hot at all times and I have addressed this with my team.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my 8 year old daughter stayed here for 2 nights while on a trip to legoland Windsor. The hotel is in a great location across road from castle. We were given a family room in the second building overlooking the royal Windsor shopping arcade. The room was huge with a king size bed for me and bunk beds for her. We both had separate 50inch TVs. We were offered a room in main hotel but manager suggested that we were better off with this one as there was to be a charity ball in the hotel breakfast was fine both mornings. The only quibble is that the wi-fi worked intermittently. I left my phone in the room but it was waiting in erection for me 1 hour after checkout. We were very happy with our stay

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for writing a review. The main hotel has 79 bedrooms and Goswell House 19. Goswell House opened in June 2013 and has its own entrance a short walk from the main hotel. All of the rooms are air-conditioned. Your family room as you state is very large and has a double bed at one end and bunk beds at the other. Both have their own large 50” TV so both parent and children can have their own space and watch their own TV channels whilst in the comfort of one room. I have has the Wifi checked since your stay and the fault you experienced has now been rectified. We offer free wifi to all guests in all areas of the hotel. The Housekeeping team are very good and will always securely keep lost property and anything of value such as a phone will always be given to reception for safe keeping. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Windsor.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Lovely hotel our room was huge, clean and bed lovely and comfy. Staff very helpful. Spa was nice but not very big but served its purpose. Would if preferred a big pool. Hen party was well managed and senior waitress lovely and very attentive without being intrusive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for writing and review and I was pleased that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel and the team looked after you well. I agree that it would be nice if we had a swimming pool, but unfortunately there is not space to provide one. The spa has 5 treatment rooms, Sauna, Steam room and Hydro pool/spa that can catering for 8 people at a time. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Windsor.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Worst tea experience ever. A friend and I popped in before a tour of the castle for a quick cup of tea. The staff seemed confused as to why we were there and almost put out that they had paying customers looking for service. We were ushered into the tea room unceremoniously and forgotten about for about 15 minutes. We were finally approached for our order but, when we asked for the types of tea the place served, were greeted with sighs and a rapid list of basic teas. The table remained unset for another 10 minutes...until a pot of tea was plopped down in front of us. We had no one come check in with us but we're instead treated to a display of waitstaff running around the room and upstairs in a confused manner. We had to ask three times to receive the bill which was overpriced considering the quality of service as well as the fact that we had only a pot of Earl Grey...nothing special. My friend was visiting from Canada and I regret choosing the Harte & Garter to show her a traditional English tea experience. I do not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Courtney P

Please accept my sincere apologies that you had a disappointing experience and I have reviewed your comments with the F&B Manager to address with his team. Generally we receive many positive comments and I apologise that on this occasion the service was not to the standard you or I would expect. If you would like to contact me at the hotel, it would be my pleasure to invite you back in for tea with my compliments to allow the team to improve your opinion of the hotel and service.