“Excellent service,delicious food. Recommend the lamb shank that is cooked in Tagini. Love the couscous and veggies.”
Review of Meimo

Meimo
Reserve with OpenTable
Meimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 262 Restaurants in Windsor
Price range: US$21 - US$33
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 October 2014

Authentic Moroccan food . Polite friendly staff. We had a small family birthday celebration for my mother. We chose the Tagini lamb shank served with couscous and vegetables followed by dessert. Food was freshly cooked and delicious. I would definitely go there again.

Thank you for the review , looking forward to see you soon .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,715)

Reviewed 20 October 2014

It's rated as the 4th best restaurant in Windsor and we can see why.

Great Moroccan food, but also a wide choice of Mediterranean dishes too. I had the vegetarian tagine with cannellini beans which came with couscous, rice or bread. It was rich, piping hot and very very tasty!

The staff were all very welcoming, friendly and attentive and we just had a great evening.

Reviewed 16 October 2014

My partner and I were feeling very out of sorts. But today lunch time we were welcomed warmly; our total inability to take any decisions about what to eat was patiently awaited; and eventually we settled on a starter and pasta from the good value lunch menu plus a carafe of wine. Our spirits were restored. And it was reassuring that the boss came over to say hello (we have been a couple of times before) to make sure that all was OK.

Reviewed 14 October 2014

We came here for a lunch/brunch on a weekday morning before our visit to Windsor Castle. The restaurant is a bit far (in relative terms - half a mile or so) from the Windsor Castle entrance on Peascod St, making it somewhat hidden and probably away from the mobs of people that one would see on a weekend. It was a bit surprising that there was no one at the restaurant when we arrived but we were undeterred and we took a seat.

The restaurant is extremely clean (as well as the restrooms/toilets) and well laid out. It has a Middle Eastern type decor with some modern furniture. There is also some outdoor seating though we took an indoor table.

My companion was a bit hesitant ordering Moroccan food so she just got the Penne Arrabiata. This pasta dish in itself was quite good. However, I ordered the lamb tagine and thus received a great dish. It came piping hot to me with couscous, dates, and a great tasty sauce which made a great taste combination. Simply the best Moroccan food I think I've ever had. Even my companion thought the lamb was a great dish - even though she doesn't enjoy lamb.

The dishes did take quite a while for it to come to us (considering it was an empty restaurant except for us), but it was probably due to how long it took to prepare the dishes. The service was slightly iffy. The waiter (I'm guessing it was the owner) did take our order promptly and answered our questions. But it was a little puzzling why he didn't engage in any additional talk with us (be a little friendlier) considering we were the only patrons in the restaurant for the majority of our time in the restaurant. Ask us how the dish was, where we were from, etc. - to make for a more pleasant experience. I guess you could say that's a tip for the owner/waiter. :)

But all in all, it was one of the best meals we had in England.

Reviewed 13 October 2014

We visited this restaurant a day ago. I do absolutely agree with previous review that this is highly overrated restaurant unfortunately. The food was just ok, served without any fresh vegetables and service was not so great. By the way inside was not any heating working. Really disappointed, would not recommend for anyone else. Kristina

2  Thank Rolandas S
Abdul A, Owner at Meimo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

Thank you for the review , I'm very disappointed to read you did not enjoy the experience at MEIMO, not sure exactly what did you have as main course but everything is explained in the menu some dishes comes with vegetables while others comes with roasted baby potatoes ,never-less only if you did ask us for some vegetables we would have supplied you with it , concerning the heating ,all our heaters are working and in good conditions .
Looking forward to see you soon .