“Avoid if you like good Thai food.”
Review of Thai Terrace

Thai Terrace
Ranked #175 of 251 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 27 November 2013

In Windsor with my wife and my sister for a theatre night out and we were keen to get some good Thai food. Having read a few reviews we considered this place; how I wished we hadnt. So the restaurant is ok in terms of decor, but it felt like it needed a good clean. They certainly need better menus, cant remember the last time I had to look at pictures of my food and not just read descriptions. To be honest we should have walked as soon as we got the menu and saw a picture fish and chips (REALLY???). However we decided to tackle it. The buffet on a Sunday is 17.50 which I think is very expensive. Also you cannot see the "buffet" they will apparently just serve you as much as you would like. We opted to go off menu and ordered, thai green curry with chicken, beef panang curry and thai chicken with basil (amazingly priced at 14.50).

My expectations were low but I was still hugely dissapointed. The chicken satay starter was obviously thawed from frozen as the chicken was soggy and limp. The peanut sauce worst than a supermarket packet. The thai green curry (which, lets face it, my grandmother would fail to not make nice) was below average. The chicken with basil hugely dissapointing, no flavour and a tiny portion. The beef panag was AWFUL, the beef had a look like it was dog food and had been in the open air for days. The sauce was rubbish, no mix of spices that Thai food is famous for, and there were minimal vegetables. Finally the "salad" that comes out was old and had bugs crawling on it.

We paid the bill and left extremely disapointed and we wont be returning. I hope there are better Thai restuarants around. Dont be enticed by the owners and staff sitting at the front of the restaurant pretending it is busy either!

AVOID if you like good Thai food.

2  Thank simmo2013

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Whilst the food was pretty nice I was over charged for and had items added to my bill which I did not receive so would not recommend or go back to this place.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Came here as a family one evening for Dinner, My wife had beef curry which she loved, I had thai prawns and special rice which was very tasty, our son asked for chicken nuggets n chips and even though they weren't on the menu they were more that happy to make them for him.
Atmosphere was relaxed.

1  Thank MrLunt
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Having lived in Windsor for 7 years, i have eaten in a lot of restaurants and walked passed this one hundreds of times, barely noticing it! In all that time, i didnt know that there was a beautfiul decked outside area.

When we arrived on Friday I was over the moon with what we found and although it looked quiet and small from the front, we realised, that the atmosphere was outside!

We were slightly put off by the menus.. we had that sinking feeling when we saw photographs of the food. It reminded us of a naf package holiday.. but we were over the moon when the food arrived. It was delicious, tasty and there wasn't a thing left. Id definitley say, at least on par with Thai Square, if not nicer.

1  Thank jennifer L
Reviewed 5 July 2013

The food came out quickly, and was ok, but nothing special.

Ok for a quick meal, but I certainly wouldnt want to go here for an evening out, and would actively look for other options rather than returning.