“took 1,5 hrs to deliver and dish missing”
Review of Silk Route - CLOSED

Silk Route
Price range: US$7 - US$36
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a family run Chinese restaurant located in Eton Wick near Windsor. We offer: - A warm welcome in our delightful village setting! - A traditional Chinese menu - Many meat, fish, and vegetarian options - Eat In / Collection / Delivery (within four miles / minimum £10 spend) - Easy parking in our car park or surrounding streets
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Shocking. Took them 1,5 hrs to deliver ( we are in eton wick), didn't tell us of course and when we called them after an hour, we were told we were getting the food in 5 mins. Hmmm. When it arrived and we unpacked it, no starter to be seen. They offered to deliver as soon as they can, which we have politely declined and asked for money back. Which to be fair they refunded us without an issue but still never again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I never expect Michelin Star food when I order from any local Chinese restaurant, but I do expect a certain level of service from the staff. A very friendly member of staff quoted 30 minutes for delivery.....1 hour and 25 minutes later we finally got the food with a significant amount of argument with that same individual about their time estimate, and being asked for us to call the driver, as opposed to the restaurant.

As for the food, the chicken satay, beef and pork dishes, rice and noodles were as anyone would expect from a local Chinese takeaway. BUT, the duck was so crispy (overly so) that there wasn't any real duck left. The prawn toasts tasted of charcoal and the prawn crackers were very strange, which was surprising because I didn't think it was possible to get this part wrong.

2 out of 5 because some of the dishes were OK and I wanted to be fair. I will personally never go back here again because service is very important to me, and crispy aromatic duck is very important to my partner :)

1  Thank TommySains
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We are regulars at the Silk Route, the food is great and Shirley the owner is fantastic, she always makes you feel very welcome. Great value for money.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

This lovely Chinese restaurant has been run by Shirley and Tsang for a while now. The food is fantastic and always fresh and hot.

Not enough people know how good this place is as the previous owner ran its reputation into the ground! The decor is still a bit country pub but its clean and tidy.

Shirley and the food are great. All the staff are engaging and the service is friendly and personal. I would recommend trying this place.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We use this resturant regularly for take aways and the food is fab and reasonably priced and on the odd occasion that you may have to wait for your food we have always been offered a complementary drink, I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Lynetteforbes