“Proper British hospitality and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Windsor Castle

The Windsor Castle
Ranked #85 of 242 Restaurants in Windsor
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Hook
“Proper British hospitality and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Excellent service, welcome and food. We chanced upon this pub looking online for somewhere that accepted both kids and dogs and from the moment we got there they couldn't have been more welcoming. Its a light and airy place with a nice local atmosphere, genuinely lovely staff and none of the falseness of the usual chains. The dogs were both greeted with biscuits and water brought out and the fresh flowers on the table were a lovely touch. We were in the bar area as we had the dogs (there was ample seating elsewhere if you'd prefer) and they had explained that a football match would be showing but they made a point of rearranging some tables so that we could be away from the TV (which was at a low volume) and have some space for the dogs to lie around. 4 Adults, 3 Kids and 2 dogs all polished off a delicious lunch with generous portions and were appreciative of the Windsor Long Walk being just opposite. It was unanimously agreed that we'll definitely be back!

• Visited March 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pub with great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Me, my husband and son decided we were quite peckish, so we decided to give the windsor castle pub a try. We had been out shopping all morning so a nice relaxing sit down was all we wanted, well that is what we got, the pub itself is a very warm, welcoming place with quirky features! we were greeted by a lovely man who showed us a menu and to a table next to the fire (beautiful)
I ordered the fish and chips, my husband the brunch bag and chips and my son a kids burger, well all i can say is the plates were licked clean the food was delicious, we definately will be back on our next visit!!! I recomend this place to anyone, great food, warm atmosphere and superb friendly staff....

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank marie p
Windsor, United Kingdom
“A great Sunday lunch - thank you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Just had a fantastic Sunday lunch at this pub. Loved the roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, roasties and fresh vegetables so so much I just had to have the sticky toffee pudding desert. Look forward to visiting again in a few weeks - thanks everyone x

Visited October 2013
Whitwick, United Kingdom
“Good food, good beer, good location, nice staff, great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch as recommended by the Best Western Hotel around the corner, it was really really good. Great pub grub, I had the doom bar beer battered fish and chips, and they had some guest ales in which I got to try. The young bar staff Alex was a gracious host, and very pleasant to speak with. My food came quickly and tasted fresh and good. I would highly recommend this place for a quick pint and bite to eat or even for a lazy afternoon for a couple of pints. The old building has lots of character (if a little on the small side), and food prices are very reasonable.

• Visited October 2013
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

While strolling along the Long Walk one Sunday afternoon we noticed a small Pub to the right of us, we were exhausted after a tour of the castle so we decided to have a rest. While sitting down we were greeted by an energising young woman with a smile upon her face(always a good sign). While speaking to her she recommend the Beef so of course I said yes. My wife chose chicken. After 10 minutes the meal arived steaming hot. We was served with a homemade Yorkshire Pudding, rost potatoes and stuffing and then along side that a choice of vegetables. Then another dish containing Cauliflower Cheese.

The beef was cooked to perfection, and my wife said that her chicken was good too.
The stuffing was something to note, as that too was beautiful too.
The good food and brilliant service made it a hidden gem.
When we come to Windsor next we are definitely paying the Windsor Castle Pub a visit.

• Visited August 2013