“An unforgettable experience”

Langton House
Ranked #9 of 24 Windsor B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family booked the family ensuite for a 5 night stay to explore Windsor and London. We have two small children (ages 20 months and 5 months), so location and ease of travel to and from are very important. That being said, Langton House is in an area that allowed us to see the sights and get around with ease. Windsor Castle, shops, pubs, restaurants, boat tours, and both train stations are within easy walking distance. The hotel itself was quiet, our room was comfortable, beds were comfortable and warm, showers were hot, and we were able to get a good nights sleep (or as good as one can get with small kids).

Regrettably, we were unable to meet Paul and Sonja during our visit, however the housekeeper, Aga, took exceptional care of us. She was without a doubt the brightest point of our stay. Aga is very kind, professional, accommodating, helpful, and a very good cook to boot. She is knowledgeable in the local area, and able to provide information on local establishments. She is also great, and I truly mean GREAT with kids. My wife and I planned on just having our son eat from the continental spread during our stay...Aga however surprised us on multiple occasions by not only having a place set at the table for our son, but cooked him scrambled eggs and sausage...without us asking or even hinting at the request. In addition, she knew we had an early flight and wouldn't be at breakfast in the morning. She made sure there was a continental breakfast in the upstairs kitchen and even bought my son some small children's yogurts. The service she provides is truly extraordinary; the best my wife and I have ever experienced. She will be the primary reason we would look at Langton House again for a future visit, and the primary reason I will suggest it to all my friends. Paul and Sonja, you truly have a gem in Aga; she helped make our visit incredible.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank danielpP242PI

Reviewed 27 March 2014

The Langton House has become a “home away from home” for me in England. I fly to Heathrow from LAX; and after such a long flight it is nice to know this comfortable B&B is waiting for me.

Other reasons why I always choose the Langton House:

*It is a short walk to the centre of Windsor and train depots.

*At times I travel on my own and I always feel safe.

*The rooms are spacious and well-appointed with comfortable beds and ensuite baths.

*They offer a guest kitchen complete with biscuits, tea, hot chocolate and sometimes other goodies.

*I always enjoy the savory "Full English Breakfasts."

*Proprietor Paul Fogg possesses a wealth of Windsor knowledge. While I was making reservations he told me that the Royal Windsor Horse Show would be taking place during the time of my visit. He also suggested a place where I might catch a glimpse of Queen Elizabeth II on Ascot's Hat Day.

*When my suitcase broke Paul suggested a shop where I found a quality replacement.

I have been a Langton House guest 8 times since 2004 and each time I visit I find new ways to appreciate this little gem of Windsor.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank NockieT
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were in room 1, large room with one double bed and two singles, comfortable bed cozy and warm room. TV was a bit small for the room could do with a larger one i couldn't read the TV guide on screen while sitting on the bed. Hosts were very helpful on arrival showed us where we were on a map and how to get to Windsor Castle, old town and Eton etc. We paid on arrival and sorted out breakfast food and time for the following morning. Breakfast was lovely right on time and very tasty, we were offered a couple of muffins after we finished breakfast but declined to take them as i noticed the chocolate one had mould on the top of it. Unfortunately we did not see the hosts at all in the morning so could not say thank you. Parking is available on site which is great but definitely need to have a small car and park very straight as the parks are small. I would stay here again and happily recommend to anyone looking for a B&B in Windsor.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
foggbloke, Owner at Langton House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Hi, many thanks for taking the time to review us. Overall I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm also very sorry about the muffins. We have checked all our stock and although they are all within date there is obviously an issue. I am contacting our supplier with the complaint so that they are aware of the issue as well. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.
Next time you stay we'll get Sonja to bake a few fresh ones for you - although her fresh bake ones go like "hot cakes" -however hot cakes go! Paul

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Paul and Sonja were really helpful and make your stay so much more enjoyable. I second what everyone else has written, this is a 1st class B & B and would have no hesitation in staying here again. We had problems finding somewhere to stay and only managed to stay for 1 night but would have happily stayed longer. Great place you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the downstairs front room near the road and slept really well, did not hear any traffic...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi
We always appreciate people taking time to write a review. Very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you another time
Paul

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had a large room with a nice bathroom. Was quiet even though located on the first floor. Paul was very helpful with information and we were able to check in even though we arrived early...we were hoping to at least leave our bags for the day. Very easy walk to shops, restaurants and the castle, and the train station. The room had information on local restaurants with reviews from fellow lodgers which was very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura H

Hi
Glad we could sort things out with your early check in. We always say "if we are here you can check in early" - if we're out..... we try and sort out another solution because we are never normally far away from the B&B.
Hope to see you again.
Paul

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We arrived straight from the plane. Paul and Sonjia were so welcoming and helpful. Our room was very nice, above average for an English B&B. The bathroom was very nice, with nice new fixtures. We got lots of great information about Windsor which was quite useful even though we'd been to the city before. We had a family room, which was very spacious comfortable for 4 of us. The breakfast was lovely, and there was a great variety to please us all. The location was great, close to the castle and town for shopping, but not too busy of an area to prohibit a good nights sleep. It was a great value and we would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patti E
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is a wonderful B&B that is just a short walk to the castle and to the main part of town. We arrived early and after calling Paul, was able to put our luggage inside and leave our car in one of their parking spaces. We walked to the castle and have a great time knowing that our car and luggage were safe and secure. We met Sonja when we arrived after a full day and she was very gracious. Our room was large and clean and the breakfast was wonderful. We only stayed one night but were made to feel very welcome and at home. Thank you Paul and Sonja!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family