“Friendly, convenient, tidy, and perfect for families.”
Review of Langton House

and 1 more site!
Langton House
Ranked #8 of 24 Windsor B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Friendly, convenient, tidy, and perfect for families.”
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Langton House is easy to find from Heathrow and close to the airport (20 min drive for us on a Sunday afternoon) which was important given our inexperience driving in the UK. The off-street parking is great - we were able to park our rental car and forget about it until we left.

We originally reserved an en suite room but decided upon arriving that the room with private bath was adequate. Since it was vacant, Paul moved us to the room with the private bath and even refunded us the difference, no questions. What service!

Paul was very welcoming and helpful, telling us to relax and suggesting places to eat that our 4 year-old would also enjoy. The room had great TV reception, comfy beds, and the wireless internet was invaluable for trip planning, directions, and entertainment.

Langton House is an easy, medium-distance walk to Windsor Castle, restaurants, and shops. It might be a bit of a trot for the disabled or elderly but even with a young child we did fine.

We slept great and awoke refreshed. It was a special circumstance, but Paul even opened a vacant room so that, while we organized ourselves for the day, our 4-year-old could play with one of his daughters. Also, he let us stow our bags while we explored Windsor.

I highly recommend Langton House, especially if travelling with children and/or you're just starting your trip in England. It was the perfect starting place for our journey throughout England (we went on to Cornwall from Windsor) and we will return to Langton House for our next visit. Thanks to all.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Stayed here with my mother and sister, in an absolutely beautiful room, which had 2 singles and 1 double bed. The ensuite whilst not huge was great. The breakfast room was delightful, and the food wonderful, and Paul was a great host and chef. There is a great little kitchenette, just off the bedrooms, where you can make tea/coffee and a microwave was available. The location is fantastic, just a short walk into the centre of the township. We were able to park our hire car on site, which was comforting. Such a comfortable and welcoming place to stay, I just wish we'd had, more time to spend there. Just a short drive to Heathrow. Would love to return both to Langton and the UK

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Nobville
Reviewed 23 September 2010

I loved my stay at Langton House, hosts were great, friendly and helpful
will be back again

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Langton house was a dream come true, and was worth every penny and more! This tiny B&B was situated in a serene neighborhood, yet also had the best shopping, and delicious restaurants just around the corner! Windsor castle is a five minute walk down cobbestone paths- making the 'touristy' day so relaxed and enjoyable. You couldn't find a more perfect location.

The owners- a young british husband and wife- were extraordinarily pleasant, and very knowledgable about the area. The large bright rooms were immaculately clean, beautifully decorated, and boasted the best ammenties we saw during our entire trip to England. The rooms were also extraordinarily quiet, despite being a full-house during our stay. Plus, the 'breakfast' was an experience in itself! You can't miss the 'full english breakfast' that deserves a five-star review on it's own.

They earned every *STAR* on this rating and more! Thank you so much for the lovely stay Langton House!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2010

We stayed in Room 4 Ground Level. The room was large but the decor was depressing & the cleanliness of the room was poor. The bed was the worst bed I have ever slept in - it was ready for the skip! The only good thing about the room was the power shower in the bathroom. Host Paul was very helpful & friendly & the cooked breakfasts were very good. The B&B is in quite a good location. Car parking is available for 4 cars but the spaces are very small. We would not recommend the Langton House B&B &/or visit there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sharelle_windsor
foggbloke, Owner at Langton House, responded to this review, 29 September 2010
I dispute the comment about the décor and cleanliness as the room is always cleaned to a high standard and I believe the décor is a rather subjective matter.

We had a new bed on order which is now in the room. This was explained to the customer but of course was of very little consolation in this case. The guest fails to mention that they made use of the additional single bed that was in the room which they mentioned was more than comfortable. The delay in the arrival of the new bed was unfortunately out of my hands. If the guest had told me of the issues at the start of their stay I feel confident that I could have done something to make sure the rest of the stay was up to the levels of expectation that they obviously had. We could have offered a change of room if nothing else.

I actually take all criticism very personally and it is upsetting to hear of anyone who has a stay at my home who is not fully satisfied. Because of this I try hard to sort out any issues - but obviously I can only do this if I am aware of them.

I have offered the guest a discount on a return trip to Langton House where they can have a much more happy experience. This has not been mentioned in the review.

The issue with parking is always a problem because we are a town centre B&B, but we try as hard as possible to sort out any issues here as well. We are lucky to be able to offer spaces for 4 cars and as we only have 5 rooms this is usually more than sufficient.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 July 2010

On my 7th stay at the Langton House I discovered that this gem of a B&B just keeps getting better and better! The breakfasts, which are always outstanding, have been at the same high level of excellence since my first visit in June of 2004.

However, the rooms are constantly being updated and changed. I stayed in Room 3 this time, which has a new 4-poster bed where I sleep like a queen.

The area surrounding the establishment is quite charming and well within walking distance of Windsor city centre. London is about an hour or less by rail.

I can always count on Paul to suggest something fabulous to see in Windsor. This visit I was told at what time the Queen would be leaving her castle; and thus was able to see the Sovereign in all her lavender finery, on the way to Ascot!

On this trip I ate like a queen, slept like a queen and saw the Queen!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Warm welcome, helpful info on what to do, see, eat in Windsor.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple