“Serenity, Spa and Swans!”

Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Windsor
London, United Kingdom
“Serenity, Spa and Swans!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for one night having ridden 100km the night before for charity. The hotel allowed us in early for tea and coffee (7.30 am!) and put us in the comfortable lounge despite us still being in our cycling gear! They were also able to store my bicycle with no problem.

The staff were exceptional. Not only polite and cheerful they went out of their way to help out when I left my luggage in the spa and had to phone them to put it in my room as I was out for dinner and was not able to return before it closed.

Little things can make or break a stay. The staff here made my stay - brief though it was - highly enjoyable. I felt very important and the centre of their attention. That makes a guest wish to return and to advertise the hotel.

My only gripe - and it is small - is that the Spa is very restricted in its size. The Ladies changing room was crowded with only four ladies in there although the other facilities would draw a bigger number of guests. The treatments were superb and my masseuse did an incredible job of fixing my tired and aching muscles.

Highly recommended - if I could subtract only half a star it would have bee 4.5!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Frankie T
SarovaHotels, General Manager at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Frankie T,

thank you so much for this amazing review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa.

It was a privilege to read all your terrific feedback on my team, which is immensely rewarding to them.

I have shared all your comments with the hotel and Wren's Club team, who very so pleased.

We are continuing our refurbishment and I have taken your comments regarding the ladies changing facilities on board and hopefully we can address this in the future.

Hopefully we can welcome you back here with us soon.

Jutta Staude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here end of May for a weekend visit to Windsor. Location-wise spot on, being right on the river (very scenic), about 200 metres from the rail station, and a very short walk for the sights of Windsor and literally over the bridge into Eton.
Hotel staff were all very friendly and obliging throughout, and the rooms a decent size with everything you needed - We will stay here again !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear 75JohnnyP,

thank you so much for this brilliant review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

I was thrilled to read that you had such a great time and that you will return again in the future.

Hopefully you have reason to travel from Norwich again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked tea at the hotel to celebrate a friend's birthday, so was hoping for something special. The positives are the wonderful location, we were able to sit outside & enjoy the river views. The quality of food was very good & we certainly enjoyed the sandwiches, cakes & scones.
Unfortunately, the occasion was virtually ruined by such awful service. To start with, there was nobody waiting to greet customers and show them to seats. We ordered tea for two and only one came. I asked twice for this to be corrected. I asked 3 times for a pot of tea. The bill was wrong.
There were plenty of staff, but they didn't really seem to have a clue what they were doing.
Overall, a great tea, but horribly let down by shocking service. So 2* service in a 5* location. So as such, pretty bad value for money. Such a shame & so I couldn't recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AbiGoz
Dear AbiGoz,

thank you very much for taking the time to feedback on your afternoon tea visit here with us.

I was very sorry to read how unhappy you were with our service and I do hope, Claus' call to discuss this matter with you goes some way to show you how important guest feedback is to us.

I would like to personally apologise to you as well, as it was very upsetting to know that we spoiled an occasion that you had planned as a treat for a friends birthday.

Thank you for still highlighting the quality of the food, I really appreciate that.

I am sure your return visit will be much better and you will see the progress in service.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The position of this hotel is perfect, right in Town and walking distance to everything. The staff were very welcoming and ensured we had a very nice stay. The Spa was a little disappointing but did not hurt the enjoyment of our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rafi Y,

thank you so much for this first-rate review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

It was great to read that you were so happy and I have made sure the team have seen your splendid feedback about their service.

I am sorry our Wren's Club was not to your liking, as we do try and advertise it as detailed and thorough as we can.

I look forward to welcoming you back here with us soon.

East Yorkshire
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel after booking through Secret Escapes. We had fairly high expectations due to how the hotel was marketed and it's 5 star status. We found the reality rather different.
Breakfast was a major disappointment. The quality of the cooked meat was poor and the fried eggs needed armbands to swim through the excess oil they were sat in. The continental options were also limited and lacked grapefruit leaving melon , prunes or sliced orange.

Part of our offer included evening meal. All I can say is don't bother. We were sat with another family in an otherwise empty dining room. This didn't mean we were served efficiently, rather the opposite. We were sat there waiting for what seemed like an age in a room devoid of any real atmosphere.

The hotels only saving grace is that it had comfortable beds. The room had efficient air conditioning and was relatively quiet for its central location. Otherwise the hotel needs a good re furbishment with very tired looking paintwork and carpets.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Skybird2015
Dear NewToCornwall,

thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Whilst I appreciate the high ratings and positive comments on your sleep quality and room, I can only apologise for the shortfall in service and food quality.

Constructive feedback is very important to us, as it helps us get better and I have made sure that all the relevant managers have seen how unhappy you were.

Hopefully we could welcome you back again in the future to show you the improvements made.

London
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stay at the hotel for relaxing weekend of spa treatments and visiting castle.
Great location won, and we were really pleased that we could stay so close to the station.
Good points:
- Great location,
- Lovely spacious room and bathroom
- Luxury in a heart of historical town
- Great spa with lovely and helpful staff
Points to improved:
- Reception staff attention and politeness need to improve. When we arrive at the reception no one welcome us (3 people were present) until we actually approached them and said hello. It made us feel awkward, like we were imposing on their private time for chat. Our room was not ready, so we decided to leave luggage at the reception and go for a walk. When we came back, or at the checkout the staff was similarly uninterested. I agree with comments that the staff do not pay attention even if the queue is forming.
- If you’re booking spa – make sure you ask to stay in the main house. We got the room in the hotel part that is short walk. Not an issue, but would prefer to stay in the same place as spa.

Overall stay was great, comfortable and special for us. Spa treatments were great and we did some shopping too. Reception staff needs training as it’s not up to standards.
Overall we would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Liliavathi,

thank you very much for this positive review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

I was glad to read that you were happy with your room and spa treatments and service and I have made sure that the team have seen your feedback.

Please let me sincerely apologise for the shortfall in service from reception. I have discussed your feedback in some detail with Andi, my front office manager, who found the comments very upsetting, as the reception customer service is normally our strong point. She had addressed your comments with her team to make sure other customers don't have the same experience.

Hopefully this will not prevent you from returning to us in the future.

Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a night away.
Great views over the river
Staff on the door and reception were very helpful.bar staff could have been better.
Didn't eat there as the menus was not very interesting
Bed was not that comfy
Great location didn't use the spa

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mary W,

thank you for this overall positive review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

The views and location are indeed amazing here and now that summer is here, we can enjoy it even more.

It is very motivating for the team to read that you were happy with their service on the front desk and for the porters. I am confident that we have addressed the service in our bar since your visit and we have also recruited some additional team members to improve service.

Hopefully we can welcome you back here with us in the future.