“Fantastic Service”

Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We booked an Executive room, but on arrival were informed we'd been given a free upgrade to a suite. That was how our stay started and continued throughout. Our car was valet parked (we pre-booked that). The room wasn't ready, so we were treated to a free drink during the wait. As we sipped on the terrace over looking the Thames the room became ready and we were told our luggage had been brought up. When shown to the room we a/c in the both the bedroom and sitting areas and a generous variety of toiletries, fresh apples, bottled water and coffee bar supplies, with a tv in both sitting and bedroom. When returning to the bar the staff were always close by for any needs and regularly checked on us. Breakfast provided more of the same exceptional service along with a variety of options for the day's first meal. We were truly impressed by the staff's courtesy and service.

1  Thank MsTanyaUK
SarovaHotels, General Manager at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear MsTanyaUK,

thank you so much for this superb review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

I was impressed to read all your wonderful comments and especially please to see that you were so happy with the team.

Hopefully we can welcome you back here with us in Windsor soon.

There are newer reviews for Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just such a treat - after an exhausting walk around Windsor-we found this gem on the banks of the Thames in an ideal position on Eton bridge. Elegant & reasonable with professional & knowledgeable staff, charming ambience & decor, with rooms that extend over several buildings
State of the Art Spa & Gym complex with a calming, peaceful environment. Fantastic location, right by the station. Just lovely, we will definitely be returning

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sue c
SarovaHotels, General Manager at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Sue C,

thank you so much for this amazing review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

I was delighted to read your fantastic feedback on the afternoon tea and the team and have made sure they have seen your review as well.

I look forward to your next visit and hope you have reason to travel from Torquay again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Just recently stayed at the Sir Christopher Wren Spa Hotel with work. It was a lovely stay, the hotel is in a great location in the middle of Windsor town. Here is a list of the pros and cons I found.

Pros
The location is fantastic, 2 minutes from the station and literally over looking the River Thames.
The gym is great for a smaller hotel with 2 floors and great air con.
Staff were very accommodating - bags taken up to the room straight away
Free WIFI
Dressing gowns in room - great touch

Cons
Parking can be difficult - we had to park in the train station one as the hotels was full (only 15 spaces available)
Rooms not very modern - chips in walls, paintwork needs a little revamp
Spa is literally just a hot tub outside.

Not a top Spa venue but a lovely little hotel and worth a stay if in the area - good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LucyHutch
SarovaHotels, General Manager at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear LucyHutch,

thank you very much for this overall positive review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

It was great to see such constructive feedback, as highlighting pro's and con's the way you have, helps us improve our product.

Thank you for the lovely feedback on the team members and the gym and for mentioning the bathrobes and free WiFi.

We continually re-paint and update rooms and I can only apologise that you found some work to be done.

I do hope that you will consider us for a future stay when you are next travelling from Manchester.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Arrived on a hot afternoon and was shown to executive room which was large enough etc but a little tired looking with no air conditioning and overlooking car park at rear of main hotel building. On contacting reception for an alternative room we were shown a room in their Thameside annexe which had recently been refurbished. This room was delightful with a view of the Thames and had air conditioning. The staff throughout the hotel were very helpful and deserve full praise.
The hotel has a small car park which can be pre booked at a reasonable charge.

1  Thank Richard L

Dear Richard L,

thank you very much for this fantastic review of your stay with us at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had such a great time and really appreciate the positive feedback on the team. Comments like yours, always make them very happy and motivated.

I was glad to see we found the right room for you, as our rooms do vary throughout the building and different guests prefer different styles and areas.

The riverside building is one of my favourites too, so please let us know your preference when you book next.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I am writing this review on behalf of my parents who stayed here in June 2014 and my observations when I visited. Firstly there are no lifts at this hotel so it is like a rabbit warren going up different stairs and through different doors. My mum struggled quite a bit with this. The rooms are dated. When they went to check out my mum asked reception if they could call a cab to the airport. One of the staff came over and demanded 30 pence for the call. When mum said she only had enough change left to give to the guy carrying their bags, this staff member went over and told him he had to take 30 pence out of the money they gave him. This is the most unprofessional thing I've ever heard. Suffice to say they won't ever be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill295

Dear Jill295,

thank you for taking the time to review your parent's stay with us.

We do take customer service extremely seriously and I was quite shocked to read that someone would have asked for payment to call a taxi. This is absolutely not our standard and my front office manager was as surprised by your comments as I was, as we constantly book taxis for our guests and do not charge for this service.

Please contact me on jstaude@sarova.com, so that I can find out a bit more about what happened.

The hotel is a Grade 2 listed building without a lift, but we do have easy access rooms and ground floor rooms and allocate accordingly, when we know of a guests preference.

I do hope you would reconsider and visit us again, when travelling from Australia.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

On our arrival we were met with a warm welcome by very friendly staff. Our room was nice enough across the road in another building,fortunately it wasn't raining. We did not find out until the evening that 1 bedside light didn't work nor did the television.The headboard on the bed was not fixed properly so banged against the wall.Everything was spotlessly clean. We ate in the hotel restaurant which was over priced & did not live up to expectations. At breakfast we asked for coffee & got tea, ordered Eggs Benedict which came without ham. Definitely room for improvement.

1  Thank Ruth J
SarovaHotels, General Manager at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Ruth J,

thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us and for the overall balanced review.

I was happy to read that you received a warm welcome and found the team to be very friendly.

Please except my apologies for any maintenance issues you found in your room, I have reiterated to the team how important it is to highlight these, so that we can repair them, before the next guest arrives.

I would like to reassure you that I take all guest feedback extremely seriously and always try and address all points raised, so that we get better and future guests don't have the same issues.

Hopefully you would stay with us again when you are next visiting from Brighton.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed for a very short period. However, I was very pleased with the accomodations and the history of the area. This was my first visit to London and It was very fascinating to visit the Windsor Castle, which is a short walk from the hotel and in clear view.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Roger N

Dear Roger N,

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay.

Windsor is indeed very beautiful, and I do hope that you get to stay a little bit longer next time you are travelling from Norway.