I have stayed at this hotel a few times and this was my fourth time of visiting. I had booked this quite a few months in advance and made it very clear that this was an anniversary get away and that I would like our stay to be a good one. Well here goes:
On arrival our room wasn't ready to check in to but that was okay as we went and had some cocktails and lunch near by. We arrived back and were showed our room which was meant to be an Executive room. Upon entry to the room we found that actually the room didn't match the requirements that I had discussed when booking. I went downstairs to complain and although they did try to move me they decided to show me to a room by their own admission that is very noisy because of the kebab shop near by. We decided to stay where we were as there was no choice really! Our room had no air conditioning and this particular weekend it was very hot, the windows hadn't been opened to allow any air in and the bed wasn't a King or Queen but merely a double. The bathroom was tatty and the complimentary toiletries were cheap.
We had treatments that evening and the treatments themselves were nice. I think overpriced and possibly short of the time stated on the price list but only a small quibble there.
We had room service that evening and that was fine.
The next day we were out all day and came back to get ready for our 8:30 dinner booking. This is where the hotel management really need to focus their attention on. The times before I have had the most amazing service, beautiful food and a thoroughly good time. On this occasion we had poor service, I had to constantly ask for things that are standard; water, wine topping up, butter for my bread and just good service. We were offered no choice of bread like some tables, the butter wasn't soft it was rock hard so could not spread it. We had to ask for an ice bucket for our wine and also water continuously. The staff had no idea of what they were doing and we witnessed staff talking very unprofessionally to younger members of staff. We waited 45 mins for our desserts and then the waitress approached us, "Have you not had them yet?" This was meant to be a romantic meal to celebrate our anniversary and it was appalling.
To fast forward to check out I heard other guests complaining and being offered gestures of goodwill as they liked to shout the loudest. I was asked if I enjoyed my stay, my reply, NO! She got the duty manager and he was useless. I fed back all my concerns and basically how my weekend with my husband was awful with no attention to detail at all. His reply, "I hope this hasn't put you off!" It was laughable and at that point I got up to go back and pay my balance. The ONLY positive was the reception manager who took some extras off for me and listened to what had happened. She genuinely did seem appalled that we had such a bad stay and this is the hotels one asset, her. I have her business card for future stays so she can upgrade me for free but am not so sure I would go back at this rate.
I also feel that this was our anniversary and there was no simple touches by the hotel. I have stayed at many beautiful, high end hotels as you can see from my reviews and they always have gone above and beyond.
I feel that there are members of staff that are letting down this hotel and we actually wasted a lot of money on a stay we did not enjoy one bit. Maybe some more effort with your paying guests would go a long way to keeping your clientèle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly special hotel at the heart of Royal Windsor. A superb location. Individual charm. First class service and attention to detail. Sir Christopher Wren Hotel has all this, and more.Sheltering beneath the ramparts of Windsor Castle, the hotel enjoys a spectacular setting, overlooking the River Thames at Eton Bridge. The main building holds a unique place in British heritage – and over the years, it has been meticulously restored to offer guests the highest levels of comfort and service. Today, Sir Christopher Wren offers 99 traditional and contemporary rooms, award-winning dining, and a modern gym and spa, as well as outstanding facilities for weddings, conferences and other events.So, if you’re looking for a first-class hotel experience, either for business or pleasure, you’re sure to find it at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sir Christopher Wren Hotel Windsor
- Sir Christopher Wrens Hotel
- Sir Christopher Wrens Windsor