I travel to Slough for business, so stay in Windsor as a tradeoff. If this hotel had to compete with top drawer options, I would never stay here. Having said that, I'll give it 2 stars given the local choices.
On the plus side: the location is wonderful, scenic, and v nice if you are spending time at/near the hotel. As I am traveling on business, the location is nice but not a major driver - if you're a tourist this would be a big plus. The restaurant overlooks the river - very scenic; food is ok. Also on the plus side - the fitness center is really very good, especially for Europe! And last having a hot water kettle in the room is very much appreciated.
On the minus side: the bed mattress sucks - I'm still getting over a back pain from it. The TV sucks - no channel choices to speak of, and the remote and TV are practically not on speaking terms. The bathroom is what is typical in Europe - narrow tubs, no real ability to keep water from splashing out, no area to put your things. And bonus: steps from the bedroom to the bathroom will keep you on your toes when going to the bathroom in the dark in middle of the night - a fall waiting to happen!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly special hotel at the heart of Royal Windsor. A superb location. Individual charm. First class service and attention to detail. Sir Christopher Wren Hotel has all this, and more.Sheltering beneath the ramparts of Windsor Castle, the hotel enjoys a spectacular setting, overlooking the River Thames at Eton Bridge. The main building holds a unique place in British heritage – and over the years, it has been meticulously restored to offer guests the highest levels of comfort and service. Today, Sir Christopher Wren offers 99 traditional and contemporary rooms, award-winning dining, and a modern gym and spa, as well as outstanding facilities for weddings, conferences and other events.So, if you’re looking for a first-class hotel experience, either for business or pleasure, you’re sure to find it at Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sir Christopher Wren Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sir Christopher Wren Hotel Windsor
- Sir Christopher Wrens Hotel
- Sir Christopher Wrens Windsor