“Comfortable and Convenient”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Windsor
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Comfortable and Convenient”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed two separate nights at the Clarence Hotel in two different rooms. This is a cozy place with friendly staff. Both rooms were ensuite, the bathroom a little small but very functional. Breakfast is a wonderful "full English," served in a lovely dining room. There is also a pleasant garden to sit and relax. The location is extremely convenient, just a short walk to the various attractions in Windsor including the castle, shopping, and restaurants. Staff were also cheerful and helpful, helping my print my boarding passes for the flight out. I recommend this place if you're visiting Windsor and would like a cozy place to stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SanNic44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three nights. Double room with ensuite was small, but adequate as we were out all day. Nice lounge to sit in, with bar stocked with canned beers and lagers and some spirits. Hotel was clean and generally in good condition. Breakfasts were excellent, with good friendly service. Hotel owners were away when we visited, but the ladies who covered were very efficient and friendly with lots of time for you even though they were rushing around covering everything. Good hotel, enjoyed our stay. Close to Windsor centre.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim F
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my son for a weekend away in Windsor. Lovely friendly staff and nothing was too much trouble. Very clean hotel and room. Breakfast was lovely. There is a small pretty garden at the back if you wish to relax outside. Excellent location for castle, shops and restaurants. Only parking for four cars outside but there are many car parks close by. When I arrived there were no spaces for my car. I parked opposite hotel and left my keys with the lovely lady at reception and she told me not to worry and to go out for the day and she would make sure my car was eventually parked safely outside. Which it was. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to visit Windsor and be in the centre of all that is going on.

Room Tip: Ask for an early check in if you want to try and get a parking space at the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa C
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We had two rooms, one double and one family for four people. They were clean, comfortable and as we expected. Breakfast was good, even though they could not seat us at one table. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenny O
Bagshot, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

If you want old English then this is it. Wonderful setting next to the Thames.

The staff are first class and the chef should be in a Top London restaurant. The dishes impressed my French colleagues and this included an excellent cheese board!

If you like old traditional English hotels then this is it. Brilliant location as Windsor castle close and T5 only 20 minutes - perfect for impressing foreign colleagues.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dave H
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is a beautiful Grade II listed building set more or less in the middle of everything and that includes being located right on the flight path to Heathrow airport! The noise isn't a problem and it was quite a thrill to see the planes and work out where they were from. Our room was very clean and well presented, compact but functional as we were only going to be sleeping there, showering etc and it was facing the rear so was very quiet. There isn't a car park as such - just a drive for about 4 cars but we got lucky although we were blocked in on the day of our departure!! and the owners had gone out for the day!! however the problem was solved as there is a bit of an odd arrangement - you leave your keys at reception and if you get blocked in you just move the vehicle!! The breakfast was very tasty and sets you up for your day. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I was given, the smallest "double" room I have ever experienced while
Staying in hotels every week.
Although very clean, I think "no where to swing a cat " is the phrase
I would use.
My colleagues room was even smaller, so I suppose I was the luckier lol.
I can't comment on other rooms, they may have been fine !!!
My biggest bug bare was that there
was no parking on site and parking
Is very restricted in the surrounding
area, resulting in finding a multi storey parking place...... Not good when arriving back late, or when off loading luggage.
Staff were more than friendly, and couldn't be more helpful.
Not one I would return to though !!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business