“Perfect for one night”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Windsor
London
“Perfect for one night”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Went with my boyfriend for one night, it was very cheap so we knew it wasn't going to be The Ritz. Private car park which is quite rare in this area, although it did have overflowing bins and a mattress in it. Staff seemed nice and friendly although they didn't seem very professional rolling fags at reception. Room was bigger than I thought, quite spacious but creaky floorboards! TV was big, worked well and had Freeview. The hotel seemed quite run down, bad decor, and had a general feeling of dodginess to it. Shower was good after it got going, bathroom door didn't shut properly but this wasn't much of a problem to us anyway. Complimentary hot drinks, water and crisps in the room which was good. The milk they provided was disgusting and lumpy though and they didn't provide stirrers.

The £3 breakfast was simple but enjoyable, a decent cup of tea with proper milk, toast, cereal etc. Filled me up but wasn't as nice as a cooked breakfast would have been, but definitely cheaper. Think the orange juice may have been out of date though as it tasted very sour? The location wasn't as good as I thought but I think we took a long route to get into the main town, but it was still very good value for what we paid. I wouldn't stay for longer than a night, but it did the job.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kosice, Slovakia
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Location of the hotel is convenient, but there no restaurant or bar around. You have to walk 10-15min to the centre of the town for any services.
We haven't stayed in a worse place than this yet. The room was spacious, equipped with tea&coffee facilities, TV and so on, but it was so dirty.. There was a proper rich layer of dust on everything, I don't think the carpet was vacuum cleand for past month or two.. even though the bed and bathroom were pretty clean, at least!
we didn't get the breakfast there, we found it expensive to pay 3GBP for Roll&Jam..
I wouldn't stay there again, never..

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Windsor hotels

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

At the time of booking this was one of the cheapest guest houses in Windsor (I wouldn't describe it as a hotel). Perhaps this should have been a warning. The place has a general air of scruffiness and grubbiness (although the room itself was a good size and quite nicely furnished). It was a very cold night but the heating in our room wasn't working and there was a tiny electric heater which barely made a difference. The bathroom was freezing. The continental breakfast (at £3) was very poor. No muesli, white bread only, instant coffee and one flavour of jam only (no marmalade or other alternatives). However, in its favour I will say that it does have a decent car park at the rear and is a fifteen minute walk from the town centre and railway station. Car parking in Windsor is a real bonus. As I say, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bobcat605
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

stayed here last weekend,although it says hotel it is really a standard b&b,if you book this place with that in mind you won't be disapointed.
The room we had was fairly big but a small bathroom,plenty of tea and coffee and soap provided,it is 10 minutes to town or the racecourse in each direction with a huge carpark,please remember to book before you go.
The only downside was breakfast,just cereal and toast and boiled eggs,but the staff were really helpful and pleasant and for £60 a night somewhere we would book again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul N
Windsor, UK
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times now - each time just for a few days. The staff here are very nice and nothing is ever a problem for them. It has free parking... which is a huge bonus in Windsor, and it is only a short walk to the centre of town and castle. I have stayed in both the single and double rooms. The double room was very comfortable. The single rooms are of course smaller with a single bed. But they were perfectly comfortable for me for a short stay of a few days. The shower worked well, it had tea and coffee facilities, and an LCD TV. They also have the internet which is free (I had my own so did not use it so I can't comment on how well it worked). I did not have the breakfast, so cannot comment about that either. This hotel is similar in price to other hotels in the area that I have stayed at, but for me, it is the one that is most convenient. It is definitely worth a consideration if you are visiting Windsor.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank igudgeon
Toowoomba
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The nice-enough people running this facility have no clue. It's shabby, very basic, and the breakfast food choices are awful: sugary boxed cereals, white bread, eggs boiled to bullet-like hardness, and instant hot drinks. Security is less than ideal and our room was cramped with no fridge or phone. We got one room key for our party of 3 and had to ask for everything. Light switches and the bathroom door all needed fixing. In -room 'services' extended to bottled water and little packets of tea, coffee and crisps! Ugh ... don't unless you are desperate. Cheap and it showed and then some.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Groundling
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I chose to stay here because we were looking for a cheap, no frills, last minute room, within walking distance of the town centre that had free parking. Oscar hotel met all these requirements and overall we were pleased with our stay for the price we paid.

Good points are the price, the free parking, that its a few minutes walk from town but on a nice, safe residential road, that the staff are very friendly and helpful (offered to take my bag upstairs, accomodated our extra car, checked we were happy with our room...), the room is quiet so we slept well, the room and sheets were very clean. They also adverstise free wifi although we didn't test this out.

The not so good points were the bathroom was very small and the tv signal very bad. There was also no hairdryer that would have been useful and shower water pressure was a bit 'quirky' but when you run the sink tap, it then works fine!

This isn't a romantic, luxury, big or modern hotel but if you just want a good location, clean room and nice service then it's totally fine.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 11 which is on the 2nd (top floor). This has a small shower room and poor tv signa...