“Excellent Location, 5-Star Service!”

Travelodge Windsor Central Hotel
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Windsor
Livingston, Texas
“Excellent Location, 5-Star Service!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

From the moment we arrived, Derek and his crew made us welcome, and provided for our every desire warmly and efficiently. While the roll-away cot could benefit from a comfortable mattress pad, and I would have gladly parted with 100 pounds to rent a cooling unit for the room, the staff's friendliness and eagerness to make our stay enjoyable more than outweighed any discomfort. Travelodge, you have struck gold here! Give these people your highest awards and raises to their salaries! I will definitely be back!

1 Thank Kim B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Wirral, Merseyside
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here the first weekend in August 2014, and great hotel for the money. We stayed in a family room which Okay, it is just a double room with two extra foldaway beds thrown in, but for such a great price in an ideal location I'm not complaining!
Room was clean, beds were comfortable, good shower, plenty of hot water and tea and coffee supplies.
I agree with previous reviews that the rooms are boiling! But with the window open and the two fans provided by the hotel in the room, we reached a comfortable temperature to all get a good nights rest.
No problems with the temperature in the rest of the hotel, and like the rooms the common areas were clean and well decorated. Nice reasonably priced restaurant and bar.
Everywhere in the hotel quiet and peaceful so no noise issues, and the outside noise for sleeping with the window open at night wasn't an issue for us either as this wasn't excessive in any way, just normal city centre noise, no big booming noisy bars close by!
Breakfast in the morning was fine, good variety for what you are paying, and plentiful, we were able to fill our boots from the buffet!
Special mention has to go to the lovely cheerful, polite, pleasant staff working here. Everybody who dealt with us was really nice and seemed eager to help in whatever way they could.
And one more thing - if anyone stayed recently in room 815 and lost their obviously loved tiger cuddly toy, we handed it into reception and they have promised to look after him or her until their owner comes forward!!

2 Thank Cheryl C
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I am a Travelodge frequenter and this one has some great plus points.

Great location
room was clean modern beds comfy
easy distance too the shops castle and lots of restuarants
great view of the castle from our room
Quite rooms
Great Breakfast
Friendly Staff
£8 discount on parking in the carpark located underneath!

negative

new shower curtain needed
bathroom fan not working
fan provided due to hot weather but I had dirt entrapped in it
when you flush toilet shower goes to nothing
shower in room 825 needed fixing missing knobs on it and dodgy dials (but it did work after some twiddling around)
bit hard to find when using satnav postcode we drove past it twice!! could do with a sign lower down and on the road side for car users

That all said with a few tweeks this Travelodge will be back on track would I use it again YES!

1 Thank AMD805
Towcester
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Arrived in very hot weather, no air con but fan in room which really helped as they don't allow the windows to be opened fully.

Brilliant location so close to the shops and nightlife.

Everyone who worked there provided great service, breakfast was great.

Breakfast and room for two sharing was under £70 for a Saturday night. You cannot grumble with that!

Well done to all involved who made sure that price wasn't a compromise for bad service or quality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel is perfectly situated just next door to Windsor train station with lots of lovely restaurants and shops. It is only a 2 minute walk over to Windsor castle and very handy for Legoland. The family room was really spacious, clean and modern. The car park in the adjacent shopping centre offers an £8 discount for Travelodge guests. By far the nicest Travelodge I have been to!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed one night in this Travelodge. It is modern and comfortable and in a fantastic location, right in the centre of Windsor within a couple of minutes walk of the Castle and in amongst shops and restaurants.
However, the bedrooms and corridors were really hot when we were there (1/8) - a problem that the staff obviously know about since they offered bowls of ice to put under our fan!
The other problem was finding the place: The supplied postcode leads you to a multi-storey car park (beware of the 2.2m height restriction) where you're supposed to park then find your way on foot to the hotel. They don't tell you this when you book. The car park costs £20/night but the hotel reception can give you an £8 discount if you show them your ticket. Again, this is not made clear at booking.

1 Thank Chris_Parker42
Locking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Have you ever slept in a hot country with no air con?  If not, have you ever wanted to? If so, save hundreds of pounds and stay here!

My first comment to my wife upon opening the door to room 811 was that a sweaty acquaintance from her parents' past had been here. It's now 3am and I lie here wide awake in our family room sweating like Smelly John. Another set of bodies to sweat into the beds and intensify the smell for the next set of guests.

There is a single table fan working its way back and forth but it doesn't make much difference, the app on my phone still reads 30 degrees and all four of us lie here uncomfortably in the family room.

Now that the primary aim of our visit is defeated (sleep), resentment boils to the surface for the other little problems that I might otherwise overlook:

1. The wobbly toilet seat. It would take someone 30 seconds to screw it in properly. Although in truth it's probably scarier than any of Legoland's rides. Ladies you have no choice but to ride 'The Wobbler' I'm afraid.

2. The flush. Once you've had your fun on 'The Wobbler' you can stimulate your aural senses by flushing the toilet. You are immediately transported to a dock and are waving goodbye to a departing ship. The captain sees you and sounds the horn.

Once the ship has sailed away and the foghorn has died down, a new terrifying sound can be heard, which is that of the plumbing exploding in the walls. Calm is eventually restored though. You might want to consider only flushing after a number two. Assuming you don't slip off The Wobbler and poo all over the floor of course.

3. The television. Is it 1995? It can't be, because Channel 5 is on there. Although to be fair to 1995 at least it had Ceefax. This tv tells me that it's Nicam Stereo and will give me the channel number that the tv is tuned into but nothing else.

Seriously though folks it's in a good location and that is its redeeming quality. Similar to another guest reviewer on here, I stayed at a Premier Inn (in Cardiff) about 5 weeks ago and in my head I've always thought of the two as being similar in price and quality. However the Premier Inn was way superior.

If I was staying in Windsor doing the Legoland thing again I would probably find a nice B&B.

In a perfect world I would post this review in the morning and share the outcome of my complaint. However, I'm not perfect and I know I'll otherwise forget and all this one finger typing in the dead of night will be in vain and the moment lost.

In summary: awful night's sleep and I would pay more to actually sleep somewhere.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank davidr1872

Travellers are raving about these Windsor hotels