“Excellent food and service”

Browns Bar & Brasserie Windsor
Ranked #137 of 245 Restaurants in Windsor
Price range: US$13 - US$45
Cuisines: Bar, European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Browns, Windsor occupies one of the loveliest spots imaginable. With views across the Thames from the front and towards mighty Windsor Castle from the back, this elegant and spacious building has a beautiful mezzanine and a delightful outdoor balcony. With its stunning views, the mezzanine is the perfect place for a private party. It seats up to 80 people so it's ideal for any kind of celebration or a stylish corporate event. We're ten minutes away from Windsor racecourse, so come and pop a cork or two with us.
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Large, but divided into sections, restaurant alongside river near rail station in Windsor. Partial river view from window tables.
Lingered over an excellent lunch on a very wet May day. Had mains and desserts, both really good as was the choice. Super friendly and efficient staff.
Would definitely recommend even though this is a chain restaurant and usually prefer more individual ones.

• Visited May 2014
BrownsWindsor, Manager at Browns Bar & Brasserie Windsor, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hi Pauline
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent visit.
It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
We hope to see you again soon, maybe when the weather is not so wet!
Kind Regards & thank you once again

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expensive for the quality of food on offer”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This restaurant looked really nice from the outside and decided to give it a try, even though the prices seemed a little bit steep, we though that the food would taste great! How wrong I was!
I ordered roast corn fed chicken, my partner had roast fillet of fresh cod, my daughter had 7oz burger and my son had breast of chicken from the children's menu.
The food did not take long to arrive and looked really nice on the plate, apart from my sons who had got a piece of chicken and mashed potatoes on its own with no sauce or vegetables.
My chicken was dry, the parsnips were still hard, and although my partners fish was cooked well, he felt that thee was not enough veg on the plate. The only meal that was nice was my daughters burger.
I will not go back to Browns, as it is overpriced for the quality of food that is served.

1 Thank Jan002014
Dear Jan002014
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent visit.
Please accept my sincere apologies that the food did not live up to expectations and led to a disappointing meal with your family.
We have passed your feedback on to our chef who is addressing the issues raised.
I do hope that you will afford us the opportunity restore your faith in us.
Apologies once again.
Kind regards
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude staff and cold food!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

What an awful place! Had a great time in Windsor for my birthday but unfortunately decided to grab some lunch before hitting the road at Browns and will never be doing that again! Pleasant lady showed us to our seats but then went downhill. We had a very rude waiter who took ages to take our order. Then we had a huge wait for the food to arrive only for it to be stone cold! Asked the waiter to take it back to be heated which he did without saying a word, literally no apology, nothing! Came out again and only the meat was warm, veg was freezing! Didn't bother sending it back again due to the awful looks we were already getting from the staff. Then decided to visit the toilet and discovered that they were dirty and had no loo roll in any cubicle. On the plus side it had nice hand soap. Came to pay the bill on the card and the waiter just snatched the card (again he didn't say a word) and as good as threw the card back at me! At that point I decided to put the tip money back in my purse. No way would I ever go back there. There are loads of lovely restaurants in Windsor, I recommend that you give your money to a more deserving place!

1 Thank Linzps
Upton, United Kingdom
“probites”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We booked a club outing for 36, and changes to the booking were handled very well. The approach was very friendly and helpful. The meal and service were of very high quality and we intend to return.

Hi Ralph
Thank you for taking the time to share the experience you had here at Browns Windsor.
It is so lovely to hear that your group were well looked after, not only on the day but also throughout the booking process. I hope that you all enjoyed your trip to the theatre.
We look forward to seeing your group again soon.
Kind regards
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Slow service”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Awful service.....20+ mins to get 2 drinks!!! 5 people working at the bar!!! I had a fly in my wine shortly after I sat outside, went back to the bar and asked for new glass of wine. Polish male member of staff rudely asked me what type of wine I want. Once I said Sauvignon Blanc he asked 'which country' as if that matters (nobody asked me for country when I was buying my 1st glass of wine!!!!) ... At the end he still charged me for that wine glass replacement!!!!!Decent establishment would apologise & give me free large glass!!!
Also as I was waiting those 20+ mins I overheard lady queing behind me saying there is no toilet paper in single ladies toilet cubicle!!!!
No jugs for Pimms either!!! It's summer!!!
Never again.
This review is dated 17/05/2014.

1 Thank gabika1979