“Wonderful meal ”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We were visiting Windsor for the weekend and I looked on trip-advisor to get some ideas of where to eat and saw the reviews for green olive that were really good so we decided to book!
The service was very welcoming and we had a nice table the Greek wine was really lovely too. We had pitta bread and dips and olives to start as we weren't overly hungry. The taramasalata was the best I've ever had so wonderfully homemade! Then I had the Moussaka and my partner had the chicken kebab which looked lovely both meals were totally scrummy!
As the restaurant got busier the service declined a bit and we waited ages for someone to come over after we had our plates cleared away, we would have liked another drink or dessert however this was never offered so we eventually asked for the bill. This is the reason I haven't scored it a 5 however overall a really lovely meal I a great atmosphere! Will return if we come back to Windsor!

1  Thank Parky1982

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Having checked out some restaurant reviews for a few different places in Windsor, we decided to visit Green Olive Meze Bar & Restaurant. We were not disappointed. First thing that struck us was how clean and modern it was. The service was excellent, our waitress was friendly and efficient. Portion sizes were sufficient & we were left feeling very satisfied. Highly recommend.

1  Thank 125Jackie
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It makes such a pleasant change to receive genuinely friendly service, add to that a relaxed ambience and good portions of great food and I really can say that our two Mothers had a very special Day. Our waitress was just so lovely and helpful, helping with my total ignorance of Greek/Cypriot/Cretian wine by bringing us a selection to taste. As it was, her initial recommendation was the best.
As everyone else has said, the portions are generous, especially when you factor in the Thick Chips, Salad and Cous Cous sides. All very nicely cooked, the Pork Souvlaki was very tender and juicy which is the opposite of how it can be..hence, I went for the chicken that was also good. Just nicked a chunk from my daughter! In fact, all five of us could not fault the food and were very happy.
We were too full to squeeze in a Dessert but the menu choice was probably one of the best I've seen.
We will definitely be back, unanimously voted it a very successful evening and recommend that you try it. However, I am going to have a Jack Nicholson "As Good As It Gets" moment and demand that I have the same waitress..if not the same table.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I would certainly give this 10/10. We had a fantastic time celebrating Mother's Day. The staff were very friendly, the food was all delicious, and they were very baby friendly. The high chairs were immaculate and the floor was very clean. Overall a great selection of Greek food and great wines. We had a fantastic time and we defiantly be back soon for more gorgeous food.

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

A very nice place to eat out at. 5 of us went.The ambience of the restaurant was lovely. Had a brillant time. The food was really good and excellent service. Would recommend to friends.