“excellent”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Food is consistently good, have been many time and have never had a bad meal. Wine list is great too

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Having 12hrs to whittle away between flights, met up with my parents who had been recommended by a friend to eat here. I made a lunchtime reservation a few days beforehand which surprisingly wasn't required as we were the only table being served.
The service given by the 2 waitresses was excellent and there help in ordering from the Meze menu was spot on. The choice of foods on the menu was again top rate washed down with a bottle of there house wine (surprisingly an Argentine White) and the dessert menu had to be tried and finished off with Greek coffee and liqueur.
I believe as the restaurant is down the road from the main tourist street it gets overlooked/missed entirely by random tourists sat outside the castle wondering where to eat be it a crap burger meal in McDonalds or a standard affair from Wetherspoons.
If they could find someone to walk round with a billboard handing out leaflets/menus to promote the place i'm sure it would do better lunchtime trade to match the night time trade which I have been told is much better.
As for tea with the Queen, she turned down my request...again!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I ate here with a friend last night. Both vegetarians, we had plenty to choose from on the menu. The Halloumi starter was delicious and we both had a vegetarian platter. Loved having little bits to try. If we come back to Windsor would eat here again!

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We were staying in Windsor for the weekend and decided to book a table for an evening meal based on the reviews here. We thought we would opt for the meze selection and we were not disappointed! The selection was wonderful over three courses and plenty of food was served. We chose a greek rose to go with our meal which was different but nice. The staff were very attentive and knew how to make you feel relaxed and laugh. We will be back if in the area!!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We were visiting Windsor for the weekend and I looked on trip-advisor to get some ideas of where to eat and saw the reviews for green olive that were really good so we decided to book!
The service was very welcoming and we had a nice table the Greek wine was really lovely too. We had pitta bread and dips and olives to start as we weren't overly hungry. The taramasalata was the best I've ever had so wonderfully homemade! Then I had the Moussaka and my partner had the chicken kebab which looked lovely both meals were totally scrummy!
As the restaurant got busier the service declined a bit and we waited ages for someone to come over after we had our plates cleared away, we would have liked another drink or dessert however this was never offered so we eventually asked for the bill. This is the reason I haven't scored it a 5 however overall a really lovely meal I a great atmosphere! Will return if we come back to Windsor!

1  Thank Parky1982