“Very good restaurant”

Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Windsor branch of Bella Italia, part of the UK wide restaurant group, boasts an enviable city centre location close to the famous Windsor Castle and even closer to the Theatre Royal. Offering good value, great quality Italian cuisine and warm and inviting surroundings, it's no wonder Bella Italia is one of Windsor's most loved Italian restaurants. Attracting a mixed clientele of tourists and locals, the restaurant is a relaxed setting in which to enjoy tasty Italian pizza and pasta. Tuck into a thin and crispy Carne Mista pizza with pepperoni, ham, salami and pancetta or the Polpette Americano (meatballs with tomato sauce served on a bed of spaghetti). The Godfather, a mix of chocolate brownies, chocolate sauce, cream and ice cream should not be missed.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great venue with good quality food and plenty of choice. Staff were very friendly and good attentive service.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I had a very enjoyable meal and bottle of wine here, served by very pleasant efficient staff. Would recommend for a quick reasonably priced meal. We used the 25% off food voucher widely available without a hitch.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

When in Windsor I try to get down to Bella Italia for lunch/dinner. On this trip it was no different as they always have a good menu with a great selection of dishes. From pasta to pizza as well as burgers, etc there is enough there to satisfy most. If possible get a table close to the window as towards the back it is very dark. On this occasion we were at the back and if I had known I would have booked a table earlier, so do ring first to find out.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I spent an enjoyable Saturday lunchtime at Bella Italia in Windsor, before visiting the castle. We had Tesco clubcard boost vouchers, which made it excellent value! The restaurant was quiet so were lucky enough to sit in the window seats, with the windows folded completely open to allow the warm spring air in, and affording us a nice view of the castle and the people wandering past.

Food was very good, better than I had expected. We had calamari and risotto balls to start, followed by a burger for my husband and the Italian beef stew for me. The beef was tender and well cooked.

Service was good; polite and not overbearing. The restaurant looked cosy and atmospheric, although perhaps more of a winter place than high summer, due to it being quite dark inside.
Looking forward to trying more Bella Italia locations!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have been to Bella Italia on numerous occasions and would always god back, the food is always hot, great quality and not to pricey, i find the services very good and the staff extremely friendly.