Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews fluffy white towels five minute walk family room the location is perfect room was spacious full english broadway village a lovely stay two night stay beautiful village marianne cotswolds trumpet dog hosts
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

A property that suits the area it is situated in, with lovely rooms and facilities for all. The landlady was very accommodating and I enjoyed conversations with her (something you don't get in most Bed & Breakfasts). With reasonable prices and the option of a breakfast in the morning, I would recommend that anyone in the area for a night or two stays here. I definitely would.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Marianne T, Owner at Brook House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Thank you Mark for the lovely comments. It was a pleasure to meet you. Hope to see you again.
Marianne

Reviewed 25 July 2016

The chatty owner made us welcome and offered to tell us where we could eat in the evening. We had already booked at The Gardeners Arms, Alderton, which was excellent. Our rooms were fine being nice and light, with small but clean en-suites. The breakfast was very good with a wide choice available. If a shower is your main concern think twice, as we couldn't get any hot water from it the first morning. The owner explained that the water pressure is low and that it can affect the hot supply (although we were the only people staying that night), however she doesn't want to complain and go onto a water meter as a consequence. No discount was offered. Broadway village is a typical stone Cotswold village with expensive properties, so this B&B is quite reasonably priced for the area.

Room tip: Rooms at back will get the morning sun, evening sun at the front.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Marianne T, Owner at Brook House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Thank you for the review. That particular shower does seem to play up from time to time. As you know we went up and tried it while you were having breakfast and it was fine. The peak time in the road seems to be between 8.00am and 8.30am. I have had numerous plumbers from time to time who have checked it out and it has been fine. They all said that it was particularly low pressure in this area. The other showers have not got this problem though and two of them are back to back. If asked, I tell people , if you experience a problem, just wait a few minutes and try again. Although I had other guests both days the trouble did not occur second time around.
I am pleased that everything else was fine

Reviewed 15 July 2016

My sister and I had not booked ahead and found we were stuck for somewhere to stay in Broadway. After contacting numerous accommodation places by phone and in person, we found ourselves with nowhere to stay after midnight. We finally saw a vacancy sign outside Brook House and sheepishly phoned the number. Instead of being turned away, we were welcomed in by our very sleepy host Maryanne who realised how desperate we were at that our. I have to say our experience at Brook House was memorable. Maryanne was very welcoming, had a wonderful, dry sense of humour and we really enjoyed speaking with her. While the property is not new and could do with a little work, the hospitality made up for it in spades. The room was clean and comfortable; well-stocked with tea, coffee and biscuits; and was good value for money. We would return again, just to speak with Maryanne, who is a real character and very kind. Thank you!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Marianne T, Owner at Brook House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Thank you for taking time to write a review - such nice comments. I certainly hope you will come again like many of our guests. We don't get it right every time but who does? The house was built in 1910 and some of the character has been kept - such as the beautiful fireplace in one room and the wallpaper. The latter is not 1910 vintage but a more modern version of it. My taste may not be everyone's taste but then I am' vintage' - not I may add quite 1910. I love my home and I love to share it.
Thank you once again.
Marianne

Reviewed 6 July 2016

One night stay here at short notice. Old fashioned style but excellent value for the area, so depends what's important too you. very friendly service and personal touch by the lady owner. Other reviews seem to want everything! But rooms are clean, basic but everything you need. Also free parking and free wifi which is nice.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Marianne T, Owner at Brook House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

As you will know after staying here I have difficulty with computes jargon and spend hours rather than minutes trying to sort out web sites and fine tune them to improve my position in the rankings.
In the past it appears I have not responded to many of the reviews and that is because I did not know they were there. I would like to apologise to all those people now.
Many of you have been generous with your comments and this is much appreciated by all who have worked and are working here because we do try to get things right.
It is impossible to please all of the people all of the time.
Some have not been pleased and have pointed out ways to improve and we thank you.
Some have been scathing, insulting and untrue. It would seem that, if one thing is found faulty, everything is condemned. This business supplements my pension and helps me to live in the house I love so dearly. We came as a family in August 1978 and began full time B and B in 1996. I love meeting people - well most people. If you find something wrong and, after all everyone makes mistakes, tell us in a nice way. There is no need to write such adverse comments for all to see to try to ruin a good business.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

How did they ever managed to get four stars or such positive ratings here, I wonder. I found the place really disappointing. We had room one one the first floor. Very small room with horrible style. Very dated decoration, horrible wipeable brown paint. Ugly UPVC window with vertical blinds like in an office. Old squeeky metal bed fame combined with more contemporary oak furniture land drawer and bedside tables, tired worn chairs. We had a tiny en-suite bathroom with a shower noisy as a jet plane, old dusty spiderwebs in the corners around the window.
Friend were staying in a room on the second floor with bathroom in the corridor. We didn't see it, but they described it as horrible and dirty as well (e.g. old dirty toilet brush).
The older lady running the place doesn't really seem suited to and enjoying the job she's doing. The breakfast room was dirty with spiderwebs in the corners and around the windows, the breakfast average. The daughter joining in to help with the breakfast business was very friendly though, the only positive thing I can say.
The house is a bit outside the village centre on a busy road as well. Just don't go there if you can find anything else.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Marianne T, Owner at Brook House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2016

Well everything about your review is contrary to the reaction of other guests. Why were you not brave enough to comment at the time? There is no brown paint. I would doubt the presence of spiders but, being in the country, there are a lot about - they kill the flies you know.
You obviously did not look at my book where people voluntarily make comments such as
Great host. Thank you for your warm and generous hospitality
Marianne has been extremely welcoming
Very comfortable, lovely stay thank you .
Nice, clean and friendly. Lovely breakfast
Lovely house and comfortable beds
I could go on. I have several books of comments from lovely people.
Can't waste any more time. I need to look after my guests