Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews fluffy white towels five minute walk family room the location is perfect room was spacious full english broadway village a lovely stay two night stay beautiful village marianne cotswolds trumpet dog hosts
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2017

we had a very pleasant 3 night Easter break at Brook house, close to many other Cotstwold towns and villages, good local attractions. Costwold falconry centre is well worth a visit, great family day out.

Room tip: room 1 is nice and quiet, it is located at the back of the house and free from traffic noise
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016

A great stop over while walking the Cotswold Way National Trail. Easy to find.
Friendly and welcoming. Comfortable well supplied room. Enormous breakfast to get started in the morning.
Helpful advice about Broadway such as where to eat in the evening.
Fantastic value for money. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

A property that suits the area it is situated in, with lovely rooms and facilities for all. The landlady was very accommodating and I enjoyed conversations with her (something you don't get in most Bed & Breakfasts). With reasonable prices and the option of a breakfast in the morning, I would recommend that anyone in the area for a night or two stays here. I definitely would.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Marianne T, Owner at Brook House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

Thank you Mark for the lovely comments. It was a pleasure to meet you. Hope to see you again.
Marianne

Reviewed 25 July 2016

The chatty owner made us welcome and offered to tell us where we could eat in the evening. We had already booked at The Gardeners Arms, Alderton, which was excellent. Our rooms were fine being nice and light, with small but clean en-suites. The breakfast was very good with a wide choice available. If a shower is your main concern think twice, as we couldn't get any hot water from it the first morning. The owner explained that the water pressure is low and that it can affect the hot supply (although we were the only people staying that night), however she doesn't want to complain and go onto a water meter as a consequence. No discount was offered. Broadway village is a typical stone Cotswold village with expensive properties, so this B&B is quite reasonably priced for the area.

Room tip: Rooms at back will get the morning sun, evening sun at the front.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Marianne T, Owner at Brook House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Thank you for the review. That particular shower does seem to play up from time to time. As you know we went up and tried it while you were having breakfast and it was fine. The peak time in the road seems to be between 8.00am and 8.30am. I have had numerous plumbers from time to time who have checked it out and it has been fine. They all said that it was particularly low pressure in this area. The other showers have not got this problem though and two of them are back to back. If asked, I tell people , if you experience a problem, just wait a few minutes and try again. Although I had other guests both days the trouble did not occur second time around.
I am pleased that everything else was fine

Reviewed 15 July 2016

My sister and I had not booked ahead and found we were stuck for somewhere to stay in Broadway. After contacting numerous accommodation places by phone and in person, we found ourselves with nowhere to stay after midnight. We finally saw a vacancy sign outside Brook House and sheepishly phoned the number. Instead of being turned away, we were welcomed in by our very sleepy host Maryanne who realised how desperate we were at that our. I have to say our experience at Brook House was memorable. Maryanne was very welcoming, had a wonderful, dry sense of humour and we really enjoyed speaking with her. While the property is not new and could do with a little work, the hospitality made up for it in spades. The room was clean and comfortable; well-stocked with tea, coffee and biscuits; and was good value for money. We would return again, just to speak with Maryanne, who is a real character and very kind. Thank you!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Marianne T, Owner at Brook House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Thank you for taking time to write a review - such nice comments. I certainly hope you will come again like many of our guests. We don't get it right every time but who does? The house was built in 1910 and some of the character has been kept - such as the beautiful fireplace in one room and the wallpaper. The latter is not 1910 vintage but a more modern version of it. My taste may not be everyone's taste but then I am' vintage' - not I may add quite 1910. I love my home and I love to share it.
Thank you once again.