“we loved our breakfast”
Review of The Broadway Hotel

The Broadway Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Broadway
Reviewed 6 June 2011

we have shortly arrived home from a delightful stay at the Broadway hotel.
the highlight of our stay was the breakfast this morning which was very nice indeed.
The lighting around the ladies guest room could have been better as it was very dark.
we will be checking in around the same time next year.
Thank you for a pleasant stay and hearty breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank terry1607

Reviewed 1 June 2011

Although it was a very rainy bank holiday Monday we decided to have a spontaneous mini overnight break. We hadn't booked prior to our stay in Broadway but on discovering the Broadway Hotel we were offered a very very reasonable rate in the charming Abbotts room. We found all the staff, to be friendly, helpful and very accommodating. The evening meal was really beautiful and the chocolate cookie desert was just simply mouthwatering. Breakfast was equally as delicious. Many thanks for a wonderful time and we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Susan0527
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This was one of the better hotels we stayed at during a three week trip to England.

Staff was friendly and responsive.

Food was OK. Rooms were clean with modern bathrooms.

The public rooms are a bit undersized for the number of rooms in the hotel. There wasn't room in the bar for us to eat there, so we had to move to another smaller room, but it was pleasant and even semi-private, so we were pleased.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HSTyler
Reviewed 25 May 2011

During our 4 day break we experienced excellent service from very friendly staff, and although i had a problem with 1 evening meal - this was addressed with upmost attention from the staff and complimentary wine brought to our table. my husband's dietary needs were sympathetically addressed too.
Our junior suite was beautiful, spotlessly clean and very comfortable.
The hotel's location is in a picturesque cotswold village within easy reach of lovely quality gift shops.
We have stayed in all but 1 of this lovely small group of hotels, all providing differing star quality and atmosphere, and the Broadway Hotel was equally endearing in its charm, relaxed atmosphere and comfort.
I would like to commend Luke (Manager) for his upmost commitment to aim for total customer satisfaction, which made our stay very pleasant indeed.
This hotel is due for re decoration and internal building alterations Nov 2011 and I'm looking forward to experiencing the benefits that these will bring to this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Master Oats junior suite lovely views & quiet.
5  Thank floradoodle
swan_bibury, Manager at The Broadway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2011

Thank you so much for your kind comments, I am so pleased to hear of your enjoyment during your stay with us here at The Broadway Hotel we print off all new reviews and display them in all staff area's and this really encourages all the staff to provide other guests with the same level of service.

We are looking forward to the renovations that will be taking place at the hotel, we will keep our website up do date with our plans and when the work will be taking place once decided and confirmed.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to write this review we will sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to The Broadway Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

My wife and I had an excellent stay at the hotel for 3 nights from the 16th May 2011.The room was comfortable and clean. We both enjoyed the food and the friendly service and the politeness of all the staff at the hotel.

2  Thank aaustin012

Thank you so much for your kind comments, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Broadway Hotel, especially your comments regarding the food and service. I will ensure all staff at the hotel are aware of your comments and we hope to welcome you back to The Broadway Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2011

My wife and I recently stayed in a Superior room which was lovely but hugely overpriced.

The building itself is very pretty and in a great location within Broadway but a bit grubby and uncared for. Dirty tables at breakfast, overfilled dirty ashtrays left for days, dead flys on window sills and radiators jammed on the hottest setting aren't really good enough for hotel charging nearly £200 a night!

Breakfast was very poor indeed with disinterested staff, cheap ingredients, cold food and burnt toast! Even a basic greasy spoon cafe can provide a vastly superior breakfast to this place!

All in all a huge disappointment. Plenty of better places to stay locally.

1  Thank Mothra44
swan_bibury, Manager at The Broadway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2011

First may I thank you for your comments with regards to your experiences with us here at The Broadway Hotel as I feel that it is essential to hear customer’s feedback irrespective of good or bad in-order for us to progress customer satisfaction levels.

I was upset to hear of your dissatisfaction and sorry that you were not able to bring your thoughts to my attention during your stay. It is so helpful when comments are mentioned at the time, so we have the opportunity to rectify at the time and ensure you of an enjoyable stay.

As we have previously discussed, I have fully investigated the issues you have raised following your recent stay. The issues that you raised fall far below the standards of service we aim to deliver and with that in mind I am pleased that you were able to accept my apology and gesture as compensation.

Once again, thank you for your email and correspondence and taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

Stayed at The Broadway Hotel for 1 night in May 2011. Whilst it is a lovely hotel it could improve somewhat. Our first problem was with our meal we ordered from the bar; my husband ordered Ribeye Steak & I ordered the Lasagne. When the meal came the Steak tasted oddly of Fish! I an suspecting it gad been cooked in a fish pan. The Lasagne was bone dry pasta and mince and had never seen any sauce in it's life!! My husband sent the steak back and after 30 mins hus meal still hadn't reappeared. It was at this point we asked for a complete refund as my food was inedible too. We were disappointed not to get an apology especially as we were residents. We ate round the corner at the Crown and Trumpet and had an excellent meal at half the price. Our hotel overlooked the Green and although it was a lovely room, the floors sloped quite badly (understandably, due to age of hotel) and we did not sleep well as our bed was also on a tilt and our heads were much lower than our raised feet. I am sure they could easily fix this by levelling the
bed out. We were quite uncomfortable but eventually started to drop off to sleep about 11.15pm only to be disturbed by what could only be described as someone turning on Blackpool Illuminations outside our window. The outside lights had obviously been turned on and they were bright fluorescent orange and were right outside our window!! Consequently we did not have a good night sleep and did not feel the room was worth the £110 we paid. I am pleased to say that breakfast was hugely better than dinner and our waitress was very pleasant and accommodating. I live Broadway but would definitely stay somewhere else next time

• Stayed: May 2011

Thank you for taking the time and effort of writing a review following your recent stay with us as I feel that it is essential to hear customer’s feedback irrespective of whether they are good or bad. In order for us to better improve customer satisfaction levels your comments are invaluable.
I am happy to hear that on the whole you where happy with your room. The room that you have described in your review is one of the oldest rooms however all of our rooms have been beautifully refurbished within the last eighteen months. As you can imagine with a 16th century old building there are still some historical aspects of the hotel we are unable to change as we are a listed building, for example the slight slope between the bedroom and the bathroom.

I do apologise that your bar food experience did not meet your expectations, I thank you for bringing it to our attention on the evening, please be assured that I have personally investigated your points raised.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Broadway Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadway
The Lygon Arms
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Slaughters Country Inn
The Slaughters Country Inn
#2 of 2 in Lower Slaughter

Been to The Broadway Hotel? Share your experiences!