“Really enjoyed my stay - thank you.”
Review of The Broadway Hotel

The Broadway Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Broadway
London, UK
“Really enjoyed my stay - thank you.”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Really enjoyed my weekend at The Broadway Hotel. The room was lovely and the bed was very comfortable. The staff were all very nice and friendly and looked after us beautifully.

We ate in on the one night and the food was very nice, and breakfast was delicious.

Room was a little on the small side for what we paid, but we didn't spend much time in it so it didn't matter.

Perfect location for a few days in the Cotswolds. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We ate here one evening only. Portions were minute and no vegetables served - they were two pounds extra. We ordered liver in onion gravy. Two small pieces arrived on mashed potato. I am certain an onion had never even been near this meal. That was it, no trimmings, no veg, nothing. This cost £12.95. What a rip off. My husband's meal was accompanied by warm coleslaw ~ yuk. My brother in law's meal had cold, virtually uncooked vegetables (I like al dente but these were awful). The service in the Jockey bar was unbelievably slow. When we left, my husband mentioned our issues to the receptionist, who was singularly uninterested. Eat at the Horse and Hound pub up the road instead! Great food and great prices.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Ionlytravelfirst
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2011

we went for an evening meal here the service wasn't bad but the food was awful and expensive. The menu said liver ,mash and onion gravy. The gravy had never seen an onion let alone taste of it.The meal consisted of mash potatoes and 3 strips of liver if you wanted greens with this you could have for £2.00 extra on top of the £11.00 already charged. Would not advise anyone to go there for a meal. Very poor.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank plonker200
London
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed in the master oats room which was a junior suite, very nice room. Molton brown products well received! Broadway is a beautiful village, we would recommend the broadway tower 4 mile walk.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lamby888
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We had a three night stay, including dinner, in a superior room. The standard and comfort of the room was good with a lovely view of the hotel garden and the church. Luxurious Molton Brown toiletries are a nice touch. Only facility lacking in the room was a fridge/mini bar. Hotel ideally placed for Cotswolds stay and the village is beautiful. We had a small issue concerning the length of time we had to wait for our meal on one evening but this was resolved by the manager with no fuss, therefore we'd be happy to choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a garden view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Swindon
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I don't want to sound too negative because the hotel itself is pleasant and the staff are friendly.
Our room was was a nice size and comfortable, the only annoying thing was the bathroom extractor fan which rattled and was noisy. This was easy to ignore in the daytime but if you used the bathroom in the night, the fan comes on when you switch on the light and it continues to whir for ages after, keeping you awake.
The main downside of the hotel is the food and service, the evening meal was very poor. The raisin amuse bouche was disgusting, the beetroot starter was tasteless and unappetising to look at, I was asked if it was OK for my duck to be pink, I said, "yes", but it couldn't have been more well done ! My partners sea bass was dry and overcooked, her potatoes were undercooked....I could go on, suffice to say, it wasn't good.
Toast the next morning was like warm, slightly browned bread.
The staff are friendly enough but they don't clear empty plates anywhere near quickly enough. At breakfast, we ate the whole meal, stacked our finished plates and bowls to make room and left at the end without any dishes being removed ! The staff walk by often enough, they just seem oblivious to the fact that tables need clearing.
We were due 2 glasses of Prosecco with our package, these came about half hour after we asked for them at 8pm. I would have thought they would be offered without having to ask !
Finally, the plastic chairs and tables outside the front of the hotel let it down badly.
If I could score the two seperately, I would give the hotel 4 stars and the food/service 2 stars.
I hope they improve these aspects because it's a charming hotel in a lovely village and with nice staff, ( they just need some training ), not sure about the chef though !

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Calstock
La Canada Flintridge, California
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Our family of 6 stayed in 2 rooms at this charming hotel on the "village green" in the darling town of Broadway. I loved it right away that they could accommodate our 4 kids in one large room with cots. The staff were so friendly and welcoming to us, and we loved our cozy rooms, the good, casual food we had at the bar, and the location -- the kids played American football both on the green in front and in the beautiful back garden. The English breakfast was also delicious, our kids were very pleased with it. We also had a great pub meal around the corner at the Crown and Trumpet, and a great invigorating hike up to the Broadway Tower. I would highly recommend staying at this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ingrid91011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadway
The Lygon Arms
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Slaughters Country Inn
The Slaughters Country Inn
#2 of 2 in Lower Slaughter

Been to The Broadway Hotel? Share your experiences!