The Broadway Hotel
The Fish Hotel(Broadway)
US$201
US$114
US$111
Crown and Trumpet Inn(Broadway)(Great Value!)
US$131
Hotwire.com
East House(Broadway)
Windrush House(Broadway)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjockey barmolton brown toiletriesabbots roomtattersalls restaurantcotswold innsbar areabar menulovely hotelvillage greenan evening mealsunday lunchlambscallopsdouble roomnight breaksitting roomopen fire
Reviewed 1 December 2012

We have stayed at the Broadway Hotel before with our children, but only because we could not afford the Dormy House. We were tempted this time by a special offer and the lack of availability at the Dormy and were not disappointed.

We were unaware of the refurbishment until we arrived and it has really transformed the hotel. The staff made the point that the changes were not universally welcome, but I expect that happens anyway. I would say that the new bar area is inspired and with the open fire a very welcome and comfortable place to be.

The last time we stayed the Restaurant was uninspiring and this has changed, both in terms of the decor and ambience and the quality and presentation of the food. The air conditioning was playing games when we stayed and the variable temperature made us move to the lounge for our desert, but the staff did not mind. This problem was resolved for breakfast which was much appreciated given that it was freezing (literally) outside.

The bedroom we stayed in was well appointed, clean and very comfortable. It is worth pointing out that the single glazed (and very old) windows suck out the heat and so the corridors are not as warm as the rooms they service. My only gripe is that I was leave the teddy bears and ducks for the children, but I suppose we have reached a time in our lives when such touches are not appreciated or welcome.

The old Broadway Hotel was one I would have been happy to stay at, but the new refurbished Broadway Hotel is now one I want to stay at, a huge difference.

5  Thank Nicholas E
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We have stayed here nearly a dozen times over the past few years and felt it rather appropriate to write a review after our most recent visit this weekend. This was the first time my wife and I had returned to The Broadway Hotel since its refurb - which I must add is quite simply superb and despite modernising it, it still has its character and charm which it always had.

We arrived in the pouring rain to an enthusiastic receptionist who promptly checked us in and escorted us to our warm and cosy room. We had a pre dinner drink in the new bar which was full of locals which created a great atmosphere. The Broadway was buzzing! We ended up delaying our dinner booking by a short while as we were enjoying ourselves so much which the staff understood as they had a later table available. The 'Tattersalls' brasserie section of the hotel is a transformation and a remarkable difference to the tired gardens from previously, and the food was absolutely delicious. We both had the king prawn starter (extremely tasty) and I had the fillet steak cooked blue to perfection - top marks to the chef. My wife had the haddock which was accompanied by a poached egg which she also said was terrific. We could only manage to share a dessert which was a seasonal fruit meringue which was quite poor in its high standards (This was the only negative of the whole stay). However, on the whole the dining experience was full value for money as the food and service was impeccable. The breakfast in the morning was also to a very high standard as it was cooked to order therefore everything was fresh, I had the kippers which are a personal favourite which they duly made for me.

The staff at the hotel are a credit to the company as everything we asked for they did to please us. Always smiling and making us feel welcome, what more could you want?

I've always said that I wouldn't write a review on this website, but the reason for me writing this review is that I feel truly satisfied with my experience of this hotel and my value for money was spot on. They have renovated the hotel in a way that is perfect for enjoyment, relaxation and satisfaction and I really felt that I should voice my experience for others to enjoy themselves.

5  Thank S_L166
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I just couldn't fault this hotel! We arrived on a very wet windy evening and were warmly greeted, booked in and shown to our room by a very friendly member of staff.The room looked so inviting as we went in--everything to a high standard and a half bottle of champagne chilling on the dressing table. It was great to shut the horrible night out. We had booked for dinner at 7.30 but had arrived a little later than we thought but no trouble to change time to 8p.m The meal in the brasserie was fantastic value and delicious--everyone was very helpful and friendly--had a nightcap in the cosy bar. Breakfast next morning was just as good as dinner-- a selection of good quality cereals--fruit freshly squeezed juices etc and then a cooked breakfast to order--my smoked salmon with scrambled eggs was perfect. I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a place to wind down and enjoy good food and wine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 19 November 2012

The Broadway Hotel offers a fantasic stay for a weekend or short break in the Cotswolds.
The rooms are superbly appointed and very comfortable.
The bar area is extremely comfortable with friendly service.
The restaurant is excellent with a varied menu choice and superb service.
We have stayed twice in the last eighteen months and would certainly return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David C
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We escaped for a couple of days while having some work done at home. We were last staying in this Hotel earlier in the year, the inside refurbishment had been completed but not the outside. The outside patio is now really lovely. We had Room 20, a junior suite on a very good offer for two days and this room is perfect, especially when we had our little dog with us and an outside door nearby.

The food in restaurant is now very good. All the staff are very friendly, even offering us chocolates on their night off!!

2  Thank Jill W