“A wonderful place to eat.”
Review of The Broadway Hotel

The Broadway Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Broadway
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I went here for a birthday Sunday lunch for my husband on 16th February, 2014. We had a table for 8 people and two of our guests were vegan. The staff in the restaurant and kitchen were so helpful and actually made a special 3 course vegan meal for my son and his partner. Six of us had the set Sunday lunch, and it was absolutely delicious and very reasonably priced. It was the only restaurant i contacted in The Broadway area who were prepared to cater for all of our family's dietary preferences. I would definitely recommend the restaurant. Lovely staff, delicious food and a wonderful restaurant in the historic village of Broadway. Well done to everyone in making a magical day for my family.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Alison C

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband surprised me with a night away at this beautiful hotel for my 40th birthday and how amazing it was. Having been there last year on a passing visit I longed to stay and experience the lovely log fires, wonderful food and extremely helpful staff.
The village is very quiet but we were after a relaxing break and that is what we received. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a suite in the hotel which overlooked the village green. It was extremely spacious, clean and had a homely feel to it. The reception staff couldn't do enough to help and were very friendly whilst checking in, asking if I had had a nice birthday.
The bar area was comfortable, sitting by the log fire after a cold, brisk walk around the village. We decided to eat in the bar area for our evening meal. There is a quieter area around the corner from the main bar which we sat in as it was more private. The food was to die for. It was brought to our table with a smile from the waitress who was more than happy to chat and make you feel at ease.
Breakfast the following morning was in the main restaurant, again waited on by very pleasant staff. You can help yourself to cereal, fruit and pastries and also have a choice of white/brown toast. You also receive a hot option so I decided on the smoked salmon and scrambled egg! I think it was the most delicious breakfast I have ever eaten.
I can't fault this hotel and have stayed in many around the country. I love the Coltswolds and can't fault this place at all. I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SusieMat2013
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have stayed here a few times over the years and have never been disappointed,recently the restaurant was completely re-designed and is fantastic for both breakfast and evening dinner.
Look out for the special offers which include bed,breakfast and evening meal.
Broadway is an ideal base for touring the Cotswolds if you have your own transport.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Today we decided to call in to the relatively local, Broadway Hotel, for something to eat. Having been their several times before to eat (in both the Restaurant and the Bar) with friends I thought it would be a nice atmospheric place to take my poorly mother and son .After, asking the barman if food was being served, Mother requested a Guinness unfortunately this was 'Out of Order' so she requested a Soda Water. I myself driving also asked for a soda water and my son requested a Glass of Orange Squash also, because he would be driving and was thirsty. (This was before ordering a meal in the Bar Restaurant). The Bar man poured 2 halves of soda water and one large orange squash and wanted to charge me £4.00. I explained (especially with all the water we have been having lately) that I would not pay those prices for 3 glasses of water with a hint of Orange. I explained that most pubs I went in would not charge for soda water! and to charge £2.00 for a dash of orange and tap water was ridiculous. The bar man took the drinks back off me and allowed the three of us to walk out.

I went to go and then decided to speak to the manager who at first also thought it quite a ridiculous price to pay for water, but when he looked on the computer he said that was the price. Common sense you would have thought would prevail, three people looking to spend money on food in a very empty restaurant! But oh! no! the manager wanted to charge me half the price £2.00.

To cut a long story short. We had a lovely meal in a very busy Swan Inn across the road spending a load of money (on checking our bill, we were not charged for the soda water), and the money I refused to pay at the Broadway Hotel I gave to the Waitress.

Local people keep these tourist places open this time of the year, I would have thought common sense and politeness from the bar staff would have prevailed.

Never mind I now know where to go if I am driving and it's not The Broadway Hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We regularly stay at the Cotswolds inns but this was our first visit to The Broadway. We travelled with our beloved spaniel & to say they were dog friendly is an understatement! The staff went out of their way to accommodate us. We ate in the restaurant one night & the bar another. Both meals were fantastic. The hotel was warm cosy and beautiful. We had a garden room which was wonderful, our own front door and private garden. By the end of the weekend we were known by all the staff. The receptionist was particularly helpful. Even had the dog behind the desk while we ate! Cant wait to go back. This is our favourite hotel in the chain now.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have stayed in other hotels from this group many times and find the consistency reassuring when visiting ones we don't know. The Broadway was a first for us and we were not disappointed. We were on a standard room Winter special rate of £58 per room as long as we took dinner in the restaurant. That was no hardship as the dinner was lovely and indicative of it's AA rosette. The hotel is a cosy inn and every staff member we encountered was friendly. Special mention for the prompt fixing of our cold radiator and the good service by the restaurant manager. He had picked up that it was our anniversary ( when in the room looking at our radiator !) so we were presented with a pre dinner drink, which was a nice touch. We were pleased that car parking was in a secure car park to the rear of the hotel, as Broadway can be busy.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Not really sure how anyone can write a bad review about this hotel - maybe some people just look to find fault and for the reviewer who complained about the creaking floors, don't stay in a hotel a few hundred years old, find a modern one but it won't be in Broadway!

We stayed two nights and were very warmly welcomed, shown to our room called Desert Orchid complete with armchairs and to our surprise a four poster bed. Tea and coffee making in the room with very generous supplies and an all important safe securely fixed in the wardrobe - great!

The restaurant, Tattersalls Brasserie, was housed in a very cleverly covered in courtyard with a glass roof, food was excellent as was the service from both Alan and the rather cheeky but likeable Charlotte (see, said I'd mention you!)

All in all a nice break with a nice room, good food (both restaurant and bar) and very helpful and attentive staff, can thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: This is a very old hotel so if you don't like creaking floors then don't go here! We did pay...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelalPeterborough
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadway
The Lygon Arms
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Slaughters Country Inn
The Slaughters Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Lower Slaughter

Been to The Broadway Hotel? Share your experiences!