“Superb Hotel !”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Broadway
Burwell, United Kingdom
“Superb Hotel !”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed at the the Broadway Hotel last weekend (10th May) for two nights. The staff in all areas of the hotel were professional and very friendly nothing was ever a problem for them anything you asked for they provided if they could. We stayed in Room 25 (Best Mate) and it was lovely we overlooked the terrace area had the weather been better it would of been nice to sit out on but it was a chilly weekend ! The only complaint I have about the room is the shower was incredibly slow - we didnt like to complain as we didnt feel we needed to - the shower worked and that was the main thing! The food in the bar was fantastic although we could of eaten out in Broadway it's self we decided to eat both nights at the hotel and we can't fault the food it was very good. I would advise if you want to eat in the bar go down early for dinner and grab a table and take time over the menu as it gets incredibly busy and you are unable to book. we didn't eat in Tatterells brassaire but the food looked very good. If you can get a seat in the sitting room you are also able to eat in there which is lovely and in front of the open fire if a cold day ! We can't wait to go back for another weekend break and are looking to return later in the year. Overall a top hotel and Many thanks to all staff for making it such a lovely stay.

Room Tip: We had Room 25 ( Best Mate) which is very nice
3 Thank Emma F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Having never visited the Cotswolds before I spent a considerable amount of time trawling the web to find the best place to visit for a relaxing weekend with my boyfriend and settled on Broadway. I booked 3 nights at the Broadway Hotel over the May Bank Holiday weekend so expected it might be quite busy.
We drove down from Scotland on the Friday night - arrived just after midnight, over an hour after reception closed, due to traffic but two staff very kindly waited and were very pleasant when we arrived.
Our room was very clean and very comfortable with ample space. Being a keen horserider I particuarly liked the references to horse racing throughout - the wallpaper in the stariway, the rooms named after horses that have ran at Cheltenham, pictures of the horse after winning inside the room - this was a nice touch.
We ate breakfast in the hotel every morning and had dinner in their restaurant on the Saturday night. The food was delicious every time!
I would highly recommend this hotel and if I visit the area again for my first stop for accommodation will be the Broadway Hotel. It is conveniently located for visiting other attractions in the area and everythng about our stay was great, the staff were pleasant and helpful and even though the village and hotel were quite busy with it being a bank holiday, we enjoyed a very peaceful and very relaxing break.

Room Tip: After reading other reviews I requested a room which didn't overlook the car park. We stayed in...
2 Thank Claire H
Coventry
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I arranged a 3 night break at this hotel for my husband's birthday. I had never stayed in the hotel before and chose it via their website. As I have mobility problems I prefer a ground floor room and when I phoned to book it, the Receptionist was really helpful and chose the room she thought would be best for me. It exceeded all my expectations. I paid more for a Junior Suite and I am so pleased I did. It was lovely. We ate in the restaurant and the bar during the weekend and both were excellent with fantastic food and service. There was a brilliant choice at breakfast and all were to die for !!! Again, the staff in the restaurant couldn't have been more helpful.
We can't wait to go back there!

Room Tip: Can recommend the Master Oats De-luxe room on ground floor
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely venue in good location but once again poor impersonal service lets them down..
Despite being very convenient in terms of location we wont be going again... Enough chances........................................................................

Stayed May 2014
6 Thank Adam K
Stourport-on-Severn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

have stayed here before and suggested to our friends that we met here. It was a horrible wet day but all was ok inside, with the roaring fires and great welcome. Rooms were very clean and well looked after. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a Junior Suite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AndyBaker65
Northampton Uk
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We booked on a special deal for one night including dinner for two, which I thought was pretty good £129 for two. The hotel is an ok standard, the room was slightly small, but had everything needed. The bathroom I thought was small, and with single glazing, was a bit cold. The blind was a bit damp and mouldy so needs replacing really. Molton brown toiletries were a great bonus. I really like the bar, nice and cozy ( and we needed it after coming back from the rain) and nice lunch menu. Restaurant whilst ok, I didn't think it was worth the £30 per person price, but I actually thought the room was worth more than the £69 paid, so all balanced out. I'd stay, and eat again, but probably in the bar restaurant.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Lovely comfortable character filled room. Good bathroom with plenty of hot water. Terrific choice for breakfast. There is a reading room and a very nice bar area. The hotel is on the main Street and offers parking. Broadway is a lovely village and a very good base in the cotswolds and there are lots of shops and restaurants. Reception staff were very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadway
The Lygon Arms
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Slaughters Country Inn
The Slaughters Country Inn
#2 of 2 in Lower Slaughter

Been to The Broadway Hotel? Share your experiences!