All reviewsjockey barmolton brown toiletriestattersalls restaurantabbots roomcotswold innsbar menulovely hotelvillage greenbar area isan evening meallight lunchsunday lunchlambscallopsdouble roomsitting roomnight break
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We have visited 2 times now but both times left feeling disappointed and for the same reason.... customer service.

1st visit when our food came I asked the waitress for a jug of water to the accompany the drinks and food, she said you’ll have to go to the bar yourself and just walked away. Ok

2nd visit after we had finished dinner and several drinks in the bar, I asked if the bar man if he could arrange a taxi for us. He said he couldn’t but i could ask reception which is fair but when I asked reception the man tending the desk looked up and passed me a sheet of paper with telephone numbers and said you will have to phone them myself.

These may seem like small things but when your spending over £100 on food and drinks each time for a date night you might expect to get water and a taxi without doing it yourself. Maybe not?

The food was average in the bar both times but we haven’t eaten in the restaurant. The bar with the open fire is a nice setting though and they have a great selection of drinks.

If you would like great food, service, drinks and atmosphere then I’d suggest The Swan across the road.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank GEJM1
Reviewed 20 January 2018

A great combination of traditional comforts with modern cuisine. Attentive and courteous staff in all areas. We found the bar particularly comfy with fine cocktails and a great selection of traditional beers.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ray B
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Stayed four nights while I toured around the Cotswolds. The room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. Was never disturbed by noise and the shower had amazing water pressure. Ate several evenings in the hotel restaurant and was very impressed by the oatience of the staff. And food was outstanding. The only issue was parking—there was sometimes a battle for the spaces. Would go back anytime.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank radley4
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Friendly staff, great service, lovely room and tasty breakfast, there is not too much more
I can say to praise this hotel. We did not try the restaurant, but if the breakfast was an
indication of the food quality and service, then it must be good.

Lovely bar, which is frequented by both locals and guests. If I lived here, this would be a regular haunt.

The place to stay in Broadway at a good price.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidB_2011
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

What a gem of a place this is !! Firstly the staff are the most amazing , so attentive and efficient and care about every detail , I'm a racing fan , and was greatly taken by the theme of the whole place , "Tattersalls" was the restaurant name , where fine dining food is served in the great true style it deserves , not so how much is on your plate , but the quality , it's a marriage of all things great ! Balance is very evident and yes it leaves you feeling you have had the right amount and not too over full! It's a special place and I'm so glad to have gone there , I so hope I shall return one day , I'd recommend it for sure !!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends