“The wife loved it and I mean LOVED!”
Review of Dormy House Hotel

Dormy House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Broadway
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I had done my research this time as my previous choices of a surprise venue to which to whisk The Wife away to had been medicore at best. Now I'm not really into this sort of going-away-for-a-night-just-for-the-sake-of-it thing but I have to say it was absolutely marvellous.
My close friend in womens' beauty media recommended The Dormy House so I rang to enquire about the possibility of a one night stay at the weekend. "Minimum two night stay over a weekend", I was told at first but when I told the lady in Reservations I could only get away for one night as I am a dairy farmer she quickly got back to me with a one night deal. So full marks for flexibility there!
Welcome and Check in were charming and the Loft room No.24 was outstanding in every respect - the huge stainless steel bath was great fun although we were sure the guests in the room below may not have shared our enjoyment as it makes a hell of a noise whilst it fills!
Saturday night dinner was superb, in a lovely spacious room and great value but what set it apart was the service from the highly trained and motivated (French?) waiting staff. Time after time a great meal is ruined by surly, disinterested and, dare I say, student sourced staff who have no knowledge of the food and wine they are serving - not in this case. The waiting staff were polite, knowledgable and excellent in every way.
The next morning, after an excellent breakfast, I had booked Wife in for an hour's treatment so I was able to read my bike magazines in one the very comfortable lounges. Finally at Check-out, we were given some water and a few biscuits for the journey home.
The only grumbles were very minor - the air-con unit made a bit of a racket at the foot of the bed and the bed seemed to be dome-shaped and I kept falling out of it - or maybe it was just me?!
We will be returning next year but next time......for two nights!

Room Tip: Not telling! You may want to book at the same time as us next time!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
FarncombeandDormy, Manager at Dormy House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are delighted that we could accommodate you for the one night and that you enjoyed your stay. We will make sure that we pass on your wonderful comments to our staff who we agree are fantastic and really make the hotel what it is. We look forward to welcoming you back for your two night stay next year.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel offers everything you can dream of! We had a fantastic stay a few months ago in this recently refurbished boutique hotel, it has changed so much to the better. It flows well and every reception room is cosy and beautifully decorated.
So we decided to visit their restaurant called the Potting shed for Sunday lunch. That proved another success! Today we decided to visit their more "formal" restaurant. The Garden Room.
Excellent food, very friendly staff, and even on a rainy day the garden looked great! After lunch the staff took us round the SPA, and yes as expected another success.

Room Tip: The cottages are my favourite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thanks for your review. We are so pleased that you decided to return and you enjoyed your sunday lunch in the Garden Room. A must do on a rainy day! We do hope that we see you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the Dormy Hose Hotel on a Sunday night in March. What an amazing place! The room is faultless, very spacious bedroom and has all the facilities that you may need. Let me highlight that instead of the hotel directory they use tablets so for all information you need or if you just simply wish to order a coffee, you need to use the tablet.
The spa is really relaxing and calm with a good size swimming pool, hot tub, steam rooms and an experience shower. The main restaurant was closed unfortunately on Sunday so we booked dinner in the Potting Shed. We were not disappointed at all! Service is fabolous and the food is excellent. I am a fussy eater however I still found a starter, main and dessert up to my liking from the menu. All plates are really nicely presented and the atmosphere is very relaxing just what you want on a quiet Sunday getaway.
Breakfast next morning was also outstanding. Huge selection on the buffet table with high quality products.
Overall it was a fantastic stay and we cannot wait to come back. The only thing what we do not understand is that where is the fifth star? They truly deserve it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything about your stay from the spa to the breakfast! We are delighted to hear that you will be back soon and we look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary. We have 4 children and don't get away alone very often. I had never heard of Dormy House before booking it. However, it was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in (my husband travels all over the world). A must visit hotel. We shall definitely be going back. One tip - book treatments in the Spa in advance as they get very booked up.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and congratulations on your anniversary. We are delighted that you both enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Such a wonderful setting even in the rain. A standard room was snug but beautifully furnished and appointed with a super bathroom and plenty of high quality bath products. Some fruit, water and shortbread in the room. Good hair dryer, coffee machine as well as kettle, Samsung tablet provided and lovely goody bag with water and delicious shortbread given to us at checkout. Very friendly staff. Couldn't fault it. Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are so pleased that despite the weather you enjoyed your time here at Dormy House. It's not a bad place to be snuggled up in when it's raining! We do look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We loved Dormy House and we were just sorry we were only there for one night. The highlights are the beautiful interior decoration, personable staff and relaxed atmosphere. You really feel the difference being in a smaller hotel, being treated as individuals and receiving attention as soon as you need something. We loved the decor and furniture particularly in the reception rooms. Would love to go back. Excellent breakfast too. Only negatives would be slightly small portions for dinner in the Garden Room, except for dessert which was too much! We also enjoyed the very peaceful spa.

Room Tip: We had Room 4 which is a Top Notch room and included a small roof terrace.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review - we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us recently and we hope that we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Visited the Dormy House on 21/04 for afternoon tea in The Potting Shed. Really lovely. Took elderly parents - father in wheelchair. They felt very 'looked after'. We were greated at the door, the table was all set out for us with a space for the wheelchair. Very good selection -regular tea with sandwiches, scones and little cakes/tarts as well as a more savoury tea which was lovely. They also cater for kids which is great. Very reasonable price. The interior is fab. So comfortable too. Staff are super acvomodating and attentive. Would def recommend and shall def go again either for lunch tea or dinner.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
FarncombeandDormy, Manager at Dormy House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your review and we are so pleased that you and your parents enjoyed your afternoon tea with us. We do hope to see you again as you say for lunch or dinner very soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadway
Buckland Manor
#1 of 3 in Chipping Campden
The Broadway Hotel
The Broadway Hotel
#5 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Dormy House Hotel? Share your experiences!