1,619 results
All reviews potting shed garden room splendid room spa treatments spa area rose cottage garden restaurant outdoor jacuzzi great spa steam room journey home comfy room turn down service attention to detail the main house flip flops homemade biscuits
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a fantastic find in the Cotswolds.
Despite being small, this is not claustrophobic and has great facilities that you’d expect in a much larger establishment. Spa, pool, restaurant and bar with several nooks and crannies where you can just hideaway and relax.
We stayed in the attic which has great amenities as well as great countryside views. Wish I was still there.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
FarncombeEstate1, Front Office Manager at Dormy House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Bev,

A wonderful review! Thank you so much. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us from the restaurants, the House Spa to your top suite the Attic.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Awesome country house hotel tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the Cotswolds villages offering a first class experience.
Service, attention to detail and friendliness of the staff helps set it apart.
Very highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear John,

Short but couldn't be better! Thank you for kind words on both the hotel and our hard working team.

See you again soon hopefully.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed here and it surpassed our expectations in many ways. The room was beautiful, there were many lovely touches and the staff were excellent in most areas. Especially those in the cafe area. Nothing was too much! I managed in the end to get a treatment as I was on a reserve list and I have to say that it was the best facial I have ever had! Wonderful from start to finish.

However my criticism of our stay is that as a resident you seemingly cannot use the facilities if you do not book well in advance. We were hugely disappointed that we could not eat at the Potting Shed restaurant on either night, even though we tried to book a week in advance for the Saturday. Our only option was a very early 6pm or 9pm meal. When we arrived on Friday there was no availability again for that night other than very early. Consequently we had to eat out both evenings at a cost of £30 in taxi fares each night, going to the nearest villages. As a resident I have never been unable to eat at a hotel’s restaurant. I shared my dissatisfaction with reception but was told that it gets busy so you need to book in advance. Not very satisfactory. I couldn’t book a treatment in advance either and was advised that they get booked up 6 weeks’ in advance. However, having finally got a cancellation it was definitely worth it!

Overall a superb hotel and wonderful weekend but I’m still left disappointed that we couldn’t eat there- especially as we were with friends who got married at the hotel 20 years’ ago yet we had to eat elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanie2748

Dear Joanie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Dormy. Whilst we're really happy you enjoyed your stay with us, we are disappointed that the availability of our restaurants and the House Spa treatments let it down.

It is true that both our restaurants and the House Spa require booking in advance but we have taken your comments on board regarding the difficulty you faced and will aim to improve this for the future.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Dormy another time.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

I firstly want to say this is a beautiful property located along a quiet country lane about a 10 minute drive from Broadway. The rooms are stunning with many thoughtful touches. Evening turndown is always a treat and special touches like lavender pillow spray left on your pillow add a very personal touch.

There are 2 restaurants. The Potting Shed which is open for lunch and dinner, but be aware very difficult to get a reservation for dinner which is a little frustrating. Also the Garden Room for breakfast (which is excellent) and for dinner on some evenings but again difficult to get a reservation.

The main frustration was service. I can’t say it was bad just very cool and at times not very genuine. We were particularly disappointed by the restaurant manager in the potting shed who never welcomed us, never came to our table and wasn’t particularly helpful in trying to help us with reserving a table. Eventually this was dealt with by a wonderful lady on reception who arranged for us to sit at the bar. The servers were a little indifferent and struggled to even offer a smile. It just felt very cold.

Finally the spa is amazing, but again you need to book in advance as almost impossible to get a reservation when you arrive. Once again a very cold welcome from the spa reception, in fact it all seemed too much trouble when I asked about availability. Initially she just carried on her conversation with her colleague. My husband did have a treatment and he said it was excellent and the therapist was wonderful.

Overall we had a good stay but not the amazing one we were expecting.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank HEATHER6
Reviewed 14 September 2018

We chose Dormy House to celebrate our Golden Wedding Anniversary with our family and friends and could not have picked anywhere better. The hotel building and furnishings are wonderful and the staff most attentive and friendly. Our meals in both of their restaurants were very good and we were all delighted with the knowledgeable , helpful staff. Also there was a great choice of food for breakfast, with so many different cereals and large continental selection as well as all the usual English breakfast choices.
All of our bedrooms were spacious, exceedingly comfortable and very clean There were nice touches like bathrobes, slippers, regular bottles of water, fresh milk, hand and foot cream, as well as the usual bathroom shampoo,shower gel etc. They even supplied a lavender pillow spray to help us have have good night sleep. Our family all assured us that the Spa on site was just fabulous, as was the pool.
All staff members were eager to help us, from carrying our suitcases on arrival/departure and giving us useful information about the area.
We couldn’t fault any aspect of Dormy House and recommend if you are ever thinking of staying in The Cotswolds please make sure you stay here. You will be so glad you did.

Stayed: September 2018