“Great stay”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Broadway
Melksham, United Kingdom
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Great unique facilities with good level of detail and decor in the rooms and building.

Dinner in the evening was good and a wide selection of options for breakfast was good - so would recommend getting an evening meal and breakfast included in the room rate!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lygon12, General Manager at The Lygon Arms, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and will look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Colin Heaney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Polish first
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Bought on voucher. Great welcome les! Room 5 excellent lovely character room paid slightly more. Walls in old part thin...of course but did affect my sleep. Bathroom bit scruffy tho needs some attention to door and shower holder. Food excellent had 3 courses and wine all good. ambience could not be beaten. staff excellent and could not be faulted. Well done.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the original part.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post this response, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and that they staff looked after you so well. I wil address the maintainence issues you raised thank you.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I recently stayed in this wonderful hotel for one night & what a treat it was! The location in the centre of Broadway couldnt be better. I cant say the staff enough,they couldnt have been more helpful to ensure my stay was memorable. We ate in the Great hall in the evening & every course was sublime . Great selection for breakfast, a true gem. The only criticism i would have is that this hotels leisure facility are also open to the general public(members) & as we tried to relax on a lazy Sunday afternoon we were joined by half a dozen youngsters that were continually jumping in the pool & bellowing at each other! I did mention this to a member of staff at the time & she did mention that they were aware of this problem & the times they were allowed in was restricted so might be worth checking before you decide to relax in there for the afternoon

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lygon12, General Manager at The Lygon Arms, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I am delighted that the staff looked after you so well and that you enjoyed your stay so much. I am constantly striving to deliver this level of service to all our guests and I'm pleased in your case we did just that.
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write this comment, I know it will mean alot to the staff.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I booked the hotel for myself and my girlfriend for a short weekend break, room and evening meal included. Firstly the food is incredible, beautifully presented and wonderful choice, only minor criticism was the venison and other dishes having surcharges and having to pay for additional sides. Location is in the heart of, in my opinion, the nicest villages in the Cotswolds, we had a short 3 mile walk to the top of the village for great views. Hotel is warming and friendly and maintains a real luxurious feel. Another minor criticism is the jacuzzi did not work and the hotel is more for the older clientele, rather than under 30s. Very enjoyable though.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the trouble to post your comments as they are always very helpful. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your walk up the village; We are so lucky to have such wonderful countryside on our doorstep. Like all hotels we appeal to all age groups throughout the year and if one is looking for a more relaxed dining experience we have Luke's brasserie. I do hope I will be able to welcome you back again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

A group of 10 of us had afternoon tea in the Cromwell Room, for a friend's 40th birthday. The room was beautifully set up with candles, music and an abundance of food. We were very well looked after and the food was simply delicious! The macaroons were fantastic and quite possibly the best I've ever had. The Crowmwell Room is ideal for small groups, giving us the privacy we needed to relax. It was excellent value for the price.

We had the opportunity to use the spa afterwards for a swim, which just finished our relaxing afternoon off beautifully. I would certainly return again.

Room Tip: The Cromwell Room is well worth requesting for groups up to ~12
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
I am so pleased you all enjoyed a very special afternoon at The Lygon, as this is what we strive to acheive for all our guests.Thank you for taking the time to post this comment.

London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Three of us spent a very relaxing afternoon on a Spa/Afternoon Tea deal advertised on an external website. We each enjoyed a 25minute treatment (massage or facial), use of spa facilities and then afternoon tea at the hotel. We all enjoyed the experience very much.
The beauty therapist was lovely as was the massage. The hotel has a lovely pool and jacuzzi as well as steam rooms etc. There were minor niggles (lack of staff in the spa, no cups in the drink area, no locker keys) so we spent a while trying to find someone to report these too, but we nevertheless enjoyed our time at the spa. The afternoon tea was a real treat, gorgeous fresh cakes and sandwiches, delicious!
All in all, a nice afternoon.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
I am delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon in the spa and found our home made afternoon teas really hit the spot. I am sorry that you had soome service issues these will be dealt with, thank you very much for your comments.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Location and appearance of the hotel is very appealing. Comfortable room for a good nights sleep. Food and atmosphere in the restaurant was superb. Service was a little slow and staff could have been more attentive. I was looking forward to using the pool and jacuzzi but I was disappointed as the jacuzzi was not working. A little more attention to detail required and I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you particuarly liked the food in the restaurant. Thank you for your comment about the service this will be addressed and as for the Jacuzzi we are just awaiting a repair to sort this isssue out and hope to have it working again soon.

Colin Heaney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadway
Buckland Manor Country House Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,232 reviews
The Fish Hotel
The Fish Hotel
#3 of 6 in Broadway

Been to The Lygon Arms? Share your experiences!