“Gorgeous”
Review of Cotswold Lavender

Cotswold Lavender
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a third generation family farm set in the Heart of the beautiful Cotswold Hills overlooking Broadway and the Vale of Evesham. Lavender was first planted here in 2000 in fields previously used to grow wheat and barley. We produce the highest quality English Lavender Essential Oil. We now have over 35 different varieties, some 70 miles of rows, and 250,000 plants in total. Our crops are steam distilled on the farm and made into our unique lavender products, all proudly made in Great Britain.• You can walk the fields when the Lavender is in full bloom• See the harvest and Distillation when it takes place (usually end of July)• We have a Tea Room and Gift shop• The Tea Room serves light lunches, cream teas and cakes• Our Gift Shop sells our whole range of products plus much, much more. Admission to fields £3.50 adult £2.50 children (5-16 years)Under 5’s FREE Well behaved dogs on leads welcomed OPEN June to August - see our website for further details. We like to source as many locally made foods and produce for our tearoom. We are a Lavender Farm and although we do have a few plants for sale at the shop when we are open, we are NOT a Lavender Nursery and do not grow plants to sell
Singapore, Singapore
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

You won't be able to take your eyes off the endless fields of lavender with the stalks of flowers swaying in the wind. Especially pretty on a sunny day but also quite nice even on a gloomy day like the day I went. Great photo opportunities. And there was a faint scent of lavender in the air as well. Lovely.

Cotswold Lavender's website stated that there was a charge to enter the lavender fields, but on the day I went, there was no one collecting money and people were entering freely. Just don't step on the flowers.

And then when you finally tire of looking at the flowers, head opposite to the tea shop for a spot of tea and lavender scones, or browse the gift shop, which sells a wide array of Cotswolds products including jams and honeys, and of course, lavender products. Initially, I hesitated to load up on the lavender products because I was wondering whether the gift shop had inflated the prices, but I was glad I succumbed because subsequently, I found the same products at other shops in places as far as in London and believe me, those prices then were the really inflated ones!

(Pots of herbs and other plants sold outside too.)

Visited June 2012
1 Thank KY T

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 222 helpful votes
“Mix Lavender, Snowshill, The Cotswolds & cream teas = happiness!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

Very quaint and unique. Not iverly commercial and very beautiful.

Coffe cake & Cream tea fantastic.

Ham ploughmans not good though im afraid. Salad was stale & had been prepared too far in advance rendering it virtually inedible.

2 Thank J S
CotsLavender, Owner at Cotswold Lavender, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Hello
Thank you for your kind comments and feedback.
The food we sell here in our Tearoom is made fresh very day - we get daily deliveries of our produce. The salad is prepared fresh every day and throughout the lunch time- and we make sure its made using only fresh ingredients - never stale ingredients - the salads are not prepared way in advance. we are sorry that you were disappointed.
England, United Kingdom
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 172 helpful votes
“Lovely Place, Lovely people”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This place is really worth visiting, it sells products made from the lavender it grows, all very nice indeed. It has a really nice shop selling lavender products (obviously)! but also other things too, nice quirky things. There is also a very pleasing cafe. I left my glasses on the counter and rang them to ask if they found them, they had, I asked them to post them to me and said I would pay the postage, they did but wouldnt hear of me paying, they arrived the next day, hows that for customer service. I love this place and all the products they are of extremely good quality.
It also has a family room with sofas and childrens inside play area, colouring etc.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Winks6
UK
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amazing better than the Provence!!!”
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Couldn't believe it when we drove to here you see the fields - you see the lovely blue flowers way before you get there and against the costwold stone walls it looks amazing. It cost £2.50 to walk around the fields amongst the Lavender and they also had a test bed that showed other varieties of Lavender. We had lunch in the tea rooms which was nice (quiche and salad) followed by Lavender Ice cream yum! we bought some lavender shortbread to take home with us and some of their bubble bath too.
Really enjoyed ourselves - they let us take out dog around the fields too which was good as it was a hot sunny day!!

Visited July 2011