“EXCELLENT LUNCH” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hunters Tea Room
Ranked #4 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Broadway
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Childswickham, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT LUNCH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

We have been to Broadway several times and never visited this tea room. So this was our first time. We will definitely be returning. The café itself is quaint and comfortable, and the food choices are good and are of excellent quality. I would recommend the home made pate. The only criticism is that there wasn't enough of it! There was plenty of toast which makes a change so please give us some more of that lovely pate! I only drink decaf coffee but like it strong and sometimes when I ask for an extra shot it's still very weak. This was a good coffee so another reason for me definitely planning to return shortly.

Visited June 2013

High wycombe
“Substandard for the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had lunch here, wished we had gone to Prego's now. The coffee was awful, any one who knows me, knows it must have been bad, as I didn't drink it. I had a Ham ploughman's which was expensive and quite bland, a few green leaves , onions, pickle, bread, not up to much. My partner had tuna mayo baguette which was not bad. All in quite expensive.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bewdley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply the best tea room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We have been visiting Hunters Tea room as a matter of priority for a number of years now. We love the character and atmosphere and cosy environment. The staff are always friendly and attentive and their coffee is absolutely the best anywhere, not just in Broadway! We've eaten lunches there and have always enjoyed our meal and their tea cakes are superb. Hunter's will always be our first stop when travelling to the area, hopefully for many years to come.

• Visited May 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Good value for money even if it wasn't in Broadway!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Visiting on a Sunday we were looking for a sandwich or something less than a full meal and a pint but the local pubs (and a pannini type place) in Broadway only serve such things Monday to Saturday. Strange as midway through the typical lunch time the pub was only a third full. However their loss was "Hunters" gain and also ours. A decent menu and the food was excellent. The staff were also very friendly. A really nice pot of tea along with crumpets, tea cake, butter, jam and cream went down really well. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2013
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Tasty and Enjoyable Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I recently visited Hunters with two friends and we were very pleased with our lunchtime meal. We were welcomed by the staff on duty and we were lucky to find a table as they were very busy.

I had the mushroom stroganoff which was very tasty, the portion size was good and the tagliatelle was just right (al dente). I think my friends had the tuna melt and the bacon & potato salad and they were both happy with both the quality and the presentattion of their food.

I have eaten in a lot of places over the years and I have to say I enjoyed my experience at Hunters. Yes they were busy, but that indicates to me that this is a popular venue in the village and I heard someone at another table saying that they eat there regularly.

I believe this is a family run business and their positive attitude to their customers was evident to me (unlike some chain restaurants). Special thanks go to Sharon (I think) who served us and made us feel valued customers. I will certainly return when I am next in Broadway.

• Visited April 2013