“Average . ”

Dining options: Breakfast
Bodmin
“Average . ”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Visited Broadway on Saturday the place was packed to the gills . My wife and I decided to have a coffee and a sandwich and looked at a few places but were all full we then came across Hunters. The place was very quiet so we decided to go in. the cafe was very pleasent and welcoming. unfortunately the food and beverage was not up to scratch. the panini was over done the bacon undercooked and the latte was only warm. but the sun was shining so couldnt complain. would give it a second chance on a revisit but there are several other places that may be worth trying too. Look around first ..

1 Thank Geoff_J538

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Rude”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

If you want to be insulted then by all means, visit, I'm pretty sure that mine and my Fiance's money is as good as anyone's but for some reason we were ignored and when we were eventually served, the young lady was extremely rude. If it wasn't for the fact that we were quite hungry, we would and should have walked out. When it was time to pay, I was also treated very poorly just because I dared to give the same young lady £21 for a bill of £15.90 and unfortunately she couldn't calculate what change to give me. I hope the owner reads these reviews, Broadway is a lovely place to visit and everywhere else, the people could not have been friendlier.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Claire F
“Rude!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A lovely place completely ruined by the rudest waitress service imaginable. If I owned this Cafe the young lady that served us would be gone! If you don't like people and you cant do simple maths don't work in a Cafe. This country is dogged by poor service the young lady in question was the epitomy. Spoilt our visit.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Paul M
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Quick pitstop”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stopped by on Sunday (6th Oct) around lunchtime so that we could quickly feed our 10 month old. We originally sat outside but then opted to sit inside once we spotted that one of their lovely large tables was free.

We scoured the menu for something appropriate that we could feed our son and so I asked at the counter if they could simply make up a bowl of scrambled egg and some grilled tomato. I was greeted with an 'absolutely no problem' which was refreshing and helpful!

We only stayed long enough to feed him (& down 2 ginger beers) so we can't comment on the food overall but our visit and experience was pleasant enough and we would definite stop there again when we visit Broadway. Worth a stop just for the service and cleanliness

• Visited October 2013
Broadway, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jeanie and Alan”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We've just had (another) really lovely lunch at Hunter's. We go there at least twice a week, as it's a typically quaint Cotswold tea-room, and the staff are lovely - very friendly, welcoming and extremely helpful. We sometimes have a cooked breakfast there (which they, very obligingly, allow us to share, as a whole one is just a little too much for us), sometimes just a tea or coffee and cake (always wonderful!), and often lunch. We have never had anything but a very pleasant experience.

• Visited September 2013