“Not bad, but not excellent”
Review of Hunters Tea Room

Hunters Tea Room
Ranked #22 of 41 Restaurants in Broadway
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Visited Hunters after a family visit to Activity Park. Pleasant courtyard with good shade and good menu. Service was friendly with the proprietor taking an interest in our children. Food a little disappointing for the price paid. Bacon muffin a bit tough and tasteless - although HP sauce provided was welcome. Bakewell buns rejected by the kids for some unclear reason which I think was not enough sugar and jam flavour. And the milkshake severely disappointed my wife - in line with other reviews I subsequently read. It does seem this menu item at least warrants attention. Finally there is scope for some improvement in ambience. The signage about going in to place an order is brash and this is nothing to the all capital letter threat signs aimed at non patrons using the toilets. The metal tables could be upgraded to something more stylish. Overall not bad, but needs some tweaks to be excellent and I would try some of the other cafés in Broadway before returning.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Looking for a simple but well-done meal, I was referred by a local business to Hunger's Tea Room. Having ordered my lunch, I sat on the patio where it was delivered very quickly by a friendly staff. The baguette that accompanied the delicious butternut squash soup was a meal in itself. I especially appreciated that there was no pressure to hurry up and finish and lingered with a book.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Visited Broadway on Saturday the place was packed to the gills . My wife and I decided to have a coffee and a sandwich and looked at a few places but were all full we then came across Hunters. The place was very quiet so we decided to go in. the cafe was very pleasent and welcoming. unfortunately the food and beverage was not up to scratch. the panini was over done the bacon undercooked and the latte was only warm. but the sun was shining so couldnt complain. would give it a second chance on a revisit but there are several other places that may be worth trying too. Look around first ..

1  Thank Geoff_J538
Reviewed 25 April 2014

If you want to be insulted then by all means, visit, I'm pretty sure that mine and my Fiance's money is as good as anyone's but for some reason we were ignored and when we were eventually served, the young lady was extremely rude. If it wasn't for the fact that we were quite hungry, we would and should have walked out. When it was time to pay, I was also treated very poorly just because I dared to give the same young lady £21 for a bill of £15.90 and unfortunately she couldn't calculate what change to give me. I hope the owner reads these reviews, Broadway is a lovely place to visit and everywhere else, the people could not have been friendlier.

2  Thank Claire F
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A lovely place completely ruined by the rudest waitress service imaginable. If I owned this Cafe the young lady that served us would be gone! If you don't like people and you cant do simple maths don't work in a Cafe. This country is dogged by poor service the young lady in question was the epitomy. Spoilt our visit.

1  Thank Paul M