“Did this really just happen?”
Review of Prego Broadway - CLOSED

Prego Broadway
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in the centre of the High Street in the beautiful Cotswold village of Broadway, Prego is a restaurant that captures the essence of what makes Italian eating and drinking great: stylish but relaxed, elegant but unpretentious – a casa in the Cotswolds. Prego is the vision of retail legend George Davies, founder of Next, George at Asda and Per Una, and Barry Hancox, well known local restauranteur and hotelier. George and Barry are delighted to have Pietro di Marco, straight from his home in Florence, to be Head Chef at Prego.We opened our doors on 1st November 2012 and look forward to welcoming friends from near and far to Prego. Takeaway available all day too - including our fastly-becoming-famous pizzas, freshly made in our pizza oven.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was walking past prego this morning and remembered I had to book a table for 8 people. Seeing a member of staff polishing glasses in the window I tried to open the door. It was locked but she came to the door . It was 9.48 am. I said ' could I book a table please?' She said ' no we don't open till 10.' I said that surely if we were standing here talking surely she could make an exception and book a table. But again she said 'no- you'll have to call or come back at 10' and went back to polishing her glasses . I said I obviously wouldn't bother ...... Really? I'm still shocked.

4  Thank s B

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is actually worth driving 98 miles from home to have lunch in Prego … thanks again for beautiful pasta

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited Prego on a hot sunny afternoon and sat outside enjoying the delights of Broadway. Ordered two pizzas and a chilled white. The pizzas were beautifully thin and crisp, like the best we have eaten abroad, the wine perfect and service very good. Perhaps £50 for a lunchtime snack is a bit on the high side but that was our fault, the wine was half the cost. We shall visit again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We called on the off chance toward the end of the lunch session ( last orders at 2:30p.m. before dining again at 6pm.)
We had the dog with us but managed to secure a table on the pavement - very pleasant in this charming village.
Spaghetti with crab sauce was excellent and the main course risotto was very appetising, and a huge portion.
Staff were efficient and even brought a bowl of iced water for the dog - very welcoming in the heat.
We can't wait to return and have a more substantial meal next time.

1  Thank Angel6855
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed in Broadway for 4 nights and ended up eating at Prego for 3 of them, we like it that much. It was a nice atmosphere, and the staff most friendly. We had wonderful asparagus appetizer (seasonal dish), pizzas, ravioli, pork, and lasagne. Twice we had desserts. Everything was served hot, and very well seasoned. We couldn't have been happier and we found the prices most reasonable. Highly recommend this to anyone wanting a break from standard English fare.

1  Thank shirley0415