“Late night, last minute visit.”
Review of Prego Broadway - CLOSED

Prego Broadway
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in the centre of the High Street in the beautiful Cotswold village of Broadway, Prego is a restaurant that captures the essence of what makes Italian eating and drinking great: stylish but relaxed, elegant but unpretentious – a casa in the Cotswolds. Prego is the vision of retail legend George Davies, founder of Next, George at Asda and Per Una, and Barry Hancox, well known local restauranteur and hotelier. George and Barry are delighted to have Pietro di Marco, straight from his home in Florence, to be Head Chef at Prego.We opened our doors on 1st November 2012 and look forward to welcoming friends from near and far to Prego. Takeaway available all day too - including our fastly-becoming-famous pizzas, freshly made in our pizza oven.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We wandered in on the off chance, they were fully booked. The staff said they could fit us in in an hour, but warned us that they were very busy with a stag do booked in! We took a chance and went back. When we did they weren't quite ready, so supplied us with a couple of free drinks, unexpected and not really required, but most welcome.
We were shown to our seat, right between the stag do and a party of very drunk loud and quite offensive group, not the best really but that was not the staffs fault.
Really nice to be able to see into the kitchens, lovely to see your food being prepared.
We had a truly fantastic meal, one of the best Italian meals I have had in the uk.
After the ante pasta, the staff asked us if we wanted to move to a different table, which we did, the staff kept apologising, but didn't have to, none if it was their fault, but they went out of their way to look after us.
The staff in this place were a credit to the place, they were all quite young, but were first rate, attentive, friendly courteous but also showed a very nice sense of humour and had a good rapport with the customers. I would highly reccomend this place, and will definitely return.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was walking past prego this morning and remembered I had to book a table for 8 people. Seeing a member of staff polishing glasses in the window I tried to open the door. It was locked but she came to the door . It was 9.48 am. I said ' could I book a table please?' She said ' no we don't open till 10.' I said that surely if we were standing here talking surely she could make an exception and book a table. But again she said 'no- you'll have to call or come back at 10' and went back to polishing her glasses . I said I obviously wouldn't bother ...... Really? I'm still shocked.

4  Thank s B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is actually worth driving 98 miles from home to have lunch in Prego … thanks again for beautiful pasta

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited Prego on a hot sunny afternoon and sat outside enjoying the delights of Broadway. Ordered two pizzas and a chilled white. The pizzas were beautifully thin and crisp, like the best we have eaten abroad, the wine perfect and service very good. Perhaps £50 for a lunchtime snack is a bit on the high side but that was our fault, the wine was half the cost. We shall visit again.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We called on the off chance toward the end of the lunch session ( last orders at 2:30p.m. before dining again at 6pm.)
We had the dog with us but managed to secure a table on the pavement - very pleasant in this charming village.
Spaghetti with crab sauce was excellent and the main course risotto was very appetising, and a huge portion.
Staff were efficient and even brought a bowl of iced water for the dog - very welcoming in the heat.
We can't wait to return and have a more substantial meal next time.

1  Thank Angel6855