“Awful experience”
Review of Prego Broadway - CLOSED

Prego Broadway
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in the centre of the High Street in the beautiful Cotswold village of Broadway, Prego is a restaurant that captures the essence of what makes Italian eating and drinking great: stylish but relaxed, elegant but unpretentious – a casa in the Cotswolds. Prego is the vision of retail legend George Davies, founder of Next, George at Asda and Per Una, and Barry Hancox, well known local restauranteur and hotelier. George and Barry are delighted to have Pietro di Marco, straight from his home in Florence, to be Head Chef at Prego.We opened our doors on 1st November 2012 and look forward to welcoming friends from near and far to Prego. Takeaway available all day too - including our fastly-becoming-famous pizzas, freshly made in our pizza oven.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife an I arrived at the Bistro at 8.50 pm, sat outside at a dirty table waiting for a waitress to come and clean up and take our order. 10 minutes later I had to go inside and order our drinks and fetch a menu, I had to collect our drinks myself. Having previously informed the barman we would be eating and where we were seated made our choices and say waiting for our table to be cleaned and order taken. Despite a waitress cleaning off a table opposite, not once did she ask to take our order or attempt to clean our table. Eventually, after waiting for a total of 35 minutes, we gave up, drank up, and went elsewhere. Totally disgusted, rubbish service, oh, and £10 for 2 drinks ?, we'll over priced.

9  Thank IanSmith1

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had lunch here with my friend and it was really good, nicely presented and very tasty, I had Risotto with spring onions broad beans and gorgonzola, yum, my friend had a lovely artichoke salad which she said was yum too. What we liked is that you could have a small portion or normal portion, we had small ones and was just enough for a light lunch. Service was good and a nice atmosphere, will go again when next in Broadway.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

After a stroll through the many alternative eateries in the town we plumped for an outside table on a warm pleasant evening mainly to accommodate our dogs.
What an inspired choice for all the wrong reasons!
The service was very pleasant, the food was excellent and most enjoyable. Whilst not over facing the dishes were well presented and extremely tasty.
Would have no hesitation in recommending Prago.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

There are lots and lots of places to eat in Broadway but my husband and I are glad we chose Prego. It's a lovely restaurant, clean and bright and for a Wednesday night was surprisingly busy with a mix of families, couples and groups. We were very happy with our choices - my husband had the 'special' which was a pizza designed by two local school children as part of an educational event which the school arranged with the restaurant. It was just a shame that after a starter and a main course we didn't have room for dessert.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had a very nice lunch here, good Italian food, fast and attentive service.

The restaurant is very clean and has a good atmosphere.