“Delightful little museum” 4 of 5 bubbles

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Delightful little museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Gordon Russell furniture and learning more about him and his designs. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank shell046

Coventry, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Must for Arts & Crafts lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed in Broadway over Easter, and I looked up places of interest to visit while we were there. So glad that I came across Gordon Russell Museum. It was also recently featured on "Flog it!". A sleek, modern building housing some really interesting pieces, plus very informative guides, who obviously loved working there.
I was particularly interested in the Coventry Cathedral Chair, 2,000 of which were commissioned for the new Cathedral in the 1960s. The Utility furniture brought back memories, and the clean lines of the designs are very relevant to today's and many other styles.
A really nice place to visit.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank chocolina25
Northaw
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Gordon Russell Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I must admit I knew nothing of the man Gordon Russell a great British designer until I visited the museum and was given a guided tour by Keith Grant who was a past Director of Design Center started by Gordon Russell. A very well kept and well laid out Museum about furniture design and manufacture post World War I. I am so glad to have visited it and learnt so much about a great designer of whom I had no knowledge prior to the visit.
More of us should know about this great man. I also met Ray Leigh who was responsible for designs in later years of Russell's company.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank JamshedNorthaw
Bedford, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Joiners Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My Husband is a Bespoke joiner by proffession so a visit to this museum was a little bit of heaven for him.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank 998jan
Lincolnshire
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Another hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Tucked away behind main street in Broadway this small museum to the work of the Gordon Russell furniture makers is a joy to those who love fine furniture design. The bonus was that we were conducted round by a former sales manager. Well worth a visit and a change from the rather "disney-fied" rest of Broadway.

Visited December 2013