“Heaven”

Ranked #16 of 39 Restaurants in Broadway
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: British, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Lygon Arms Hotel is home to Barrington's, an intimate all day dining 35 seat brasserie serving English classics and modern European cuisine. Pop in for brunch from 10am, lunch from midday, Tea and cake every afternoon from 2pm to 5pm or join us for a la carte dining from 5pm. Alfresco dining available when the weather permits.
Rhyl, United Kingdom
“Heaven”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I've been to many a restaurant. However the average age of the staff, chef, waitresses was about 15 years. It was a fantastic meal. Sarah and Lilly were incredibly attentive and efficient nothing was any trouble they made us very welcome. The chef Ben is twenty years old and he was knocking out high quality food. From the starter to the dessert it was in the words of Peter Kay a "taste sensation". Absolutely a must if you come to Broadway or any part of the Cotswolds. That Luke bloke should give them all a pay rise instead of making a fortune in London.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Crinners
Colin H, General Manager at Barrington's Brasserie, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
I am delighted that you so enjoyed your visit to Luke's and that all the team looked after you so well. I do hope you will visit again.

Colin Heaney General Manager The Lygon Arms

Worcester, England, United Kingdom
“I so wanted to love this restaurant”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We visited Lukes for the first time at the end of May for a friend's birthday. I'd seen the young chef on Great British menu and desperately wanted to love the experience, not least as Broadway is local to us. The menu was small but very well crafted and the reception was superb. Unfortunately, the food really let them down. I had dismissed the Trip Advisor reviews that i read ahead of visiting as they seemed focused more on the small portions, which isn't of huge concern to me. However, even i was massively disappointed with the crispy duck starter, which two of us ordered. It came without any sort of dressing and with only three minute pieces of very overdone, dry duck. My husband ordered a curried mussel dish which looked amazing but was genuinely very bland. Mains of sea bass consisted on a single, very small sea bass fillet with rice and although the fish was beautifully cooked, the rice and lack of sauce made it too dry to enjoy. The final nail in the coffin was being offered the "next up" bottle of champagne as they were out of what we ordered, but for the same price. We thought this very kind as we'd have ordered it anyway, but when we checked the bill the next day, we'd been charged full price. This restaurant has a great location, tons of potential and, based on historical events, a very talented young chef. Lukes, please, don't throw away your opportunity - you could be great.

3 Thank MrsAWT
I am sorry that the restaurant did not live up to your expectation. Both Luke and I have taken note of yours and all the other recent comments and the menu will be changing in a few weeks to reflect portion size and composition. With regard to you being over charged for the champagne please, contact me and I will refund the difference.

Colin Heaney. General Manager The Lygon Arms
“Not a club sandwich”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We visited Luke's today and were very disappointed... There was only a bank holiday Monday menu available, we chose club sandwich it was £8.50 when it arrived I must say it was not a club sandwich.. It was white bread not toasted, spread with avocado sauce, with 1 piece of bacon and very little chicken. It was served with just plain lettuce leaves. We ordered extra chips at £2.50 per bowl, which were over cooked and very salty.

It really didn't warrant the prices at all.

When we left we noticed the club sandwich was on the main menu for £6.50.. I know it's a bank holiday but that's not good practice to charge extra due to the holiday day.

For 4 club sandwiches and 2 bowls of chips and 4 drinks £55 they were just a chicken and bacon sandwich NOT A CLUB. Clearly this restaurant is trying to be gastro bistro but has a long way to go...

1 Thank John0601
Colin H, General Manager at Barrington's Brasserie, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your lunch on bank holiday monday and didn't think it value for money, for which I apologise. We do not change prices just because it is a bank holiday, there was an error made, if you would like to contact me I will arrange for a refund to be made.

Colin Heaney General Manager The Lygon Arms
Kegworth, United Kingdom
“Not as bad as others found it”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

It was raining in Broadway and we were hungry. Found Lukes. Made the 'mistake' of "TripAdvisoring" Lukes whilst we waited for our order. "Oh dear". The recent reviews looked poor. However, our food arrived in timely fashion and was excellent. The service was excellent too. The only gripes were that the decor looked "tired" and the music was more to the taste of the staff than the clientele.

• Visited May 2014
Thank you very much for writing this response, I am pleased that dispite other comments you enjoyed your food and that the staff looked after you well.

Colin Heaney. General Manager The Lygon Arms
St Maxime
“Luke's out of Luck”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We've sampled all of the eateries in Broadway and whilst Lukes has been open for some time, this was our first visit. And it will be our last. The food was distinctly average but the prices were not. At the end of the meal we were told that they didn't take credit cards or debit cards! I saw no notice of this at their premises, nor can I find a reference to this on their website. How peculiar in this day and age. I would not recommend it.

4 Thank snillocm
I am sorry you felt that Luke's didn't live up to your expectations, but even more concerned that you were told we didn't take credit/debit cards which is not the case at all.

Colin Heaney General Manager