Russell's
The Fish Hotel(Broadway)
Foxhill Manor(Broadway)
Buckland Manor(Broadway)
Great 4.5/5
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa(Chipping Campden)
Very Good 4/5
Noel Arms Hotel(Chipping Campden)
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Hollymount(Evesham)
Evesham Hotel(Evesham)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsrestaurant with roomsfeature kingspa bathlarge showermashfree standing bathexposed beamswine listsitting areaevening mealbooked a tableduckbeautiful broadwayfirst classfish and chipsattention to detailcooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I visited Russell's for a meal with friends.
The staff were so friendly, helpful and polite - the food was amazing.
I live around 3/4 of an hour away from Broadway but will definitely be making the effort to eat here more often.
I cannot recommend Russell's highly enough.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2014

What a lovely place. The room was huge, the bed really comfy, the staff really friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. We booked a package off the internet which included dinner, bed and breakfast. It was expensive, but less so than other places in Broadway. Entrance to the hotel is through the restaurant, and initially there was no one to welcome us - however, when we did find someone, we were made extremely welcome and 'at home'. There's an honesty bar with a small lounge, but the room was so lovely we didn't want to leave it. The breakfast was really good - and the kipper that I had was delicious. Two downsides: you only get one small tea pot/cup of coffee for breakfast, and while more is easily had, it would be good to have larger pots in the first instance; parking is on the Budgen car park behind the hotel and it can be busy! That said, we really enjoyed our stay and we'll be back next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed for a night and wish it was for longer !! Everything was first class, food,service and room 2 was very nice.looking out on to the front. Very comfy bed,beautiful bedding,loads of nice cushions. The towels are fluffy and the bathroom has all the finishing touches for a first class establishment. We will return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We decided to make a return visit to Russell's to celebrate my wife's birthday as we have stayed here before and found it to be exceptional in all ways. However, this time we were not quite so happy overall. We mentioned it was for a special occasion when we checked in, but at our evening meal there was no acknowledgement of the fact it was my wife's birthday which was rather disappointing. We had a ground floor bedroom this time which had a lovely big bathroom but not a lot of privacy, we needed to keep the curtains closed for most of our stay. In comparison to this we had the top floor room last time which was amazing and very luxurious. The biggest upset was in the morning at around 7:30 when we were awoken by the fire alarm going off for quite a long time and we had been looking forward to staying in our comfortable bed for rather longer! It was still dark at this time and we didn't know what to do. We looked outside and couldn't see or hear anyone else but felt very alarmed by the incident. There was no point in going back to bed after all this so we got ready and went for breakfast. Absolutely no mention or apology was made to us regarding the fire alarm incident (and probably nobody else) and when we enquired it was casually mentioned that the chef had accidentally set if off and had no knowledge about disarming it!! What should have been a relaxing celebration ended up with us feeling things should have been dealt with much better with a little more customer care.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Russell's was perfect.

We had a fantastic stay - such friendly hosts. They provided the details of a brilliant florist to my boyfriend, and coordinated with them to have flowers in the room for my arrival, even though we checked in early.

We had sunday lunch in the restaurant, which was delicious, I had lobster bisque with crab ravioili and my boyfriend had antipasti, then he had rare roast beef and I had plaice. It was a really relaxed service, with attentive staff and a great atmosphere.

The room (number 5) was really well appointed, with very high quality sheets, towels and dressing gowns. My favourite part was the bathroom - which was the same size as the bedroom and included a huge walk-in shower and a roll top bath. Great products too!

It was the perfect weekend getaway & I wouldn't have changed a thing!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple