“Excellent food and service”
Review of Russell's

Russell's
Ranked #7 of 29 Broadway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Visited Russells for dinner one evening whilst staying in Broadway. The staff were very friendly and helpful and food was excellent-crab cocktail and asparagus for starters and spinach gnocchi and brisket of beef for mains and shared the duo of creme brulee.
If we were in the area again would love to return and stay in their rooms as well!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rozbobbo

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Had a simply perfect two night stay at this wonderful restaurant. The room was quite superb, (we booked the 'Feature King-size' and it was one of the loveliest rooms we've ever stayed in. Food was quite fantastic, we have booked a DB&B deal, which included the table d'hote menu. It was a fair surcharge to have the a la carte, which we did. The staff were wonderful, the restaurant manager was delightful.

Room Tip: We booked the Feature Kingsize, (the suite was already booked) this I think was fortunate. I would...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed at Russell's last night, breaking my journey on the way down to Cornwall. The hotel has a superb situation on the very picturesque high street. There are two car parking spaces at the front of the hotel, off road, but don't be disheartened if these are full as there is parking at the rear which is as equally convenient.

My greeting upon arrival was extremely warm and welcoming and, although I was earlier than planned, my room was ready. The room was lovely, I overlooked the High Street, but don't worry it is very sleepy and there was no road noise. The room was beautifully appointed and clean.

I ate in the restaurant in the evening, which was fabulous. Breakfast too was to. Die for, my scrambled eggs were done to perfection and they even had gluten free bread.

I can not rate the Russell highly enough, I will be back!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I visited Russell's for a meal with friends.
The staff were so friendly, helpful and polite - the food was amazing.
I live around 3/4 of an hour away from Broadway but will definitely be making the effort to eat here more often.
I cannot recommend Russell's highly enough.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 March 2014

What a lovely place. The room was huge, the bed really comfy, the staff really friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. We booked a package off the internet which included dinner, bed and breakfast. It was expensive, but less so than other places in Broadway. Entrance to the hotel is through the restaurant, and initially there was no one to welcome us - however, when we did find someone, we were made extremely welcome and 'at home'. There's an honesty bar with a small lounge, but the room was so lovely we didn't want to leave it. The breakfast was really good - and the kipper that I had was delicious. Two downsides: you only get one small tea pot/cup of coffee for breakfast, and while more is easily had, it would be good to have larger pots in the first instance; parking is on the Budgen car park behind the hotel and it can be busy! That said, we really enjoyed our stay and we'll be back next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed for a night and wish it was for longer !! Everything was first class, food,service and room 2 was very nice.looking out on to the front. Very comfy bed,beautiful bedding,loads of nice cushions. The towels are fluffy and the bathroom has all the finishing touches for a first class establishment. We will return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We decided to make a return visit to Russell's to celebrate my wife's birthday as we have stayed here before and found it to be exceptional in all ways. However, this time we were not quite so happy overall. We mentioned it was for a special occasion when we checked in, but at our evening meal there was no acknowledgement of the fact it was my wife's birthday which was rather disappointing. We had a ground floor bedroom this time which had a lovely big bathroom but not a lot of privacy, we needed to keep the curtains closed for most of our stay. In comparison to this we had the top floor room last time which was amazing and very luxurious. The biggest upset was in the morning at around 7:30 when we were awoken by the fire alarm going off for quite a long time and we had been looking forward to staying in our comfortable bed for rather longer! It was still dark at this time and we didn't know what to do. We looked outside and couldn't see or hear anyone else but felt very alarmed by the incident. There was no point in going back to bed after all this so we got ready and went for breakfast. Absolutely no mention or apology was made to us regarding the fire alarm incident (and probably nobody else) and when we enquired it was casually mentioned that the chef had accidentally set if off and had no knowledge about disarming it!! What should have been a relaxing celebration ended up with us feeling things should have been dealt with much better with a little more customer care.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple